Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

The snow melted already, but clouds and rain have remained. Which has brightened my mood considerably. Gnomes have been placed in strategic windowsill positions, along with various other defensive measures, in expectation of the swarming of the spectral turkeys come nightfall.

The most dangerous time of year is upon us, for after the end of Thanksgiving the fell dinner spirits will depart, but on Black Friday the power of Corrupted Santa shall erupt onto the Earth. The Great Pumpkin is still miffed about the bullelfery concerning the Halloween Special this year, so His protection has been somewhat withdrawn, the Skoli (Unseelie Keebler elves who escaped Santa's sweatshops) at the best of times barely tolerate humanity and now have followed the Great Pumpkin in more or less sitting out this year's battles in their fortified tree bunkers. So no help from that end either. 

Tidings of madness and woe....

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:
30 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

Ah. A big cup of afternoon coffee at the beginning of a long weekend is the best coffee.

And do you know what makes a big cup of afternoon coffee at the beginning of a long weekend the best coffee?

Rum.

I'll take Amaretto in mine, since that doesn't come with a hospital trip ^_^

Bailey's please. And we'll ignore the fact that I still have 3 hours left at work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

@Crowley Do you have something that was lucy's?

A blanket or whatever that still has her scent?

Give that to Alice.

At a certain point the scent will fade and Alice will understand that Lucy'won't be back, in the meantime it might comfort her.

Good luck!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Corn pudding just came out of the oven. Hamsterling is asleep. Eggnog in my glass. Christmas music playing.

All in all a good start to the evening.

As for Alice, yeah, I've been giving her some extra love, hugs, kisses, and soon a bath. Okay, she isn't actually gonna like that last one, but she needs it.

I miss my Lucymonster.

• Like 15
  • Sad 4

20 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Corn pudding just came out of the oven. Hamsterling is asleep. Eggnog in my glass. Christmas music playing.

All in all a good start to the evening.

As for Alice, yeah, I've been giving her some extra love, hugs, kisses, and soon a bath. Okay, she isn't actually gonna like that last one, but she needs it.

I miss my Lucymonster.

I grieve with you and miss a comparable succession of Dumb Good Boys.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Blood Angels codex this time? Or is it the Gladiator tank?

Age of Sigmar stuff, looking at the Drusa Kraeth's Shadowpact and some bits to assemble custom troops. 

• Like 6

Blah. Finally returned to the xbone, but Valhalla was just irritating me tbh. Having a hard time settling into the gameplay. Aaaaand the Aussie turned it off again. Because she's the devil. Haven't even thought about writing today, and it has been delightful. But I'm soooooooo bored now!

Feeling pretty draggy. Hope I'm not getting sick. May be my ticket to skip dinner tomorrow tho lol.

Thinkin' about opening that bottle of scotch here in a bit. Putting on some Coltrane. Do a little of what lovers do when their lovers aren't around.

They nap, right?

Feels like a Friday around here. Pretty nice vibe, all things considered.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Ah. A big cup of afternoon coffee at the beginning of a long weekend is the best coffee.

And do you know what makes a big cup of afternoon coffee at the beginning of a long weekend the best coffee?

Rum.

I like the way you think.:winkthumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Well, so much for getting more painting done in lockdown- this bad boy took me 4 hours to do those scales and have subsequentially sapped my enthusiasm for the planned diorama that he'll (eventually) belong to. How is it that photos look so much worse than real life? :rolleyes:

137884770_DSCN49251.thumb.JPG.0968415632d0cc52c80449e4a7a366e0.JPG

• Like 11

This is shaping up to be a decent weekend. Got home from work and found a bottle of Bailey's on the counter. I'll be able to start the lonely T-day off right.

• Like 11

Ahh. Fuzzy time commences.

Happy birdin', ladies and gents. I'm thankful for all your pixels and sprites.

36D8D09A-56D3-4984-BCDE-FA0C538E6454.thumb.jpeg.608e0a740f606464d6d32ba5ca35ebe5.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Ahh. Fuzzy time commences.

Happy birdin', ladies and gents. I'm thankful for all your pixels and sprites.

36D8D09A-56D3-4984-BCDE-FA0C538E6454.thumb.jpeg.608e0a740f606464d6d32ba5ca35ebe5.jpeg

Hey! I've been to that distillery ^_^

Gaelic term of the day:

Glenfiddich, meaning "Valley of the deer".

They also had an advert which had one of the worst rendered cgi ungulates I have ever seen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vEshi1X2gf8

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Well, so much for getting more painting done in lockdown- this bad boy took me 4 hours to do those scales and have subsequentially sapped my enthusiasm for the planned diorama that he'll (eventually) belong to. How is it that photos look so much worse than real life?

The camera always adds 10 lbs, this is known.

I actually think those scales look really good. Granted, not sure if that's what you were going for, but I do like them. As for the 4 hours, just blame Loki, we'll never know if he did or didn't steal your brushes during that time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10