Jump to content
Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Recommended Posts

Well, the second after school group doesn't get their Thursday game this week - Thanksgiving.

 



They kind of dropped the ball, anyway - so Queenpin will fade back for a while.

 

The first group, on the other hand, has entered the confrontation with Queenpin - and Casey is with them, thanks to the 'problem player' having sought out the lair. (At this point, calling Brian a problem player is pure irony - he found a way to make his being a bit of a lone wolf work for the party.)

 

Casey's role is going to be very simple - keeping Queenpin inside of his zone of antimagic, while the squad cleans out the kobolds and thugs guarding the Queenpin. (Basically, I found a way to take her out of the equation, so she won't slaughter the party - and keep Casey from dominating the game as the PCs stand around, watching.)

 

For fun, I will have the two beholders maneuvering - and any PCs caught in the antimagic zone, well... I hope they aren't spellcasters! ::D:)

 

As a result, the first group will be moving on to the other major arc - the Demon Wars. Turns out that there are two possible incursions... and tthey will be fighting each other to become dominant and invade.

 

The group the squad already knows about are the Laughing Devils.

 

The second group are sea demons.

 

The second group will be getting a filler, before they gave the opportunity to face Queenpin again - I dreamed the scenario last night. (And at one point dream me turned  to dreaming me and said 'I hope you're taking notes'.... :huh: )

 

I am prepared to be surprised when they PCs figure out what I am cribbing from - they have surprised me twice like that already.

 

The filler is stopping a heist - the Underfather has arranged for an exhibit to be loaned from a nearby kingdom. Unfortunately, the squad will be aided in protecting the exhibit by, well, a not particularly competent Inspector from that neighboring kingdom.

 

The exhibit - an enormous, cursed, pink diamond, with a single flaw in the center - the figure of a springing panther.

 

Unlike the movie that I am cribbing from, that incompetent Inspector is not at all incompetent - he is dirty, and bent as a paper clip. There are two factions intending to steal the gem, but the Inspector intends to swipe it for himself.

 

If they think to ask Agent Herringbone 'Please, call me Harry' Tweed, they can find out that the Inspector is already a suspect in other high profile heists.

 

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Beware, Humble Bundle has Campaign Cartographer and extras to buy right now. :ph34r:  I can honestly say that I'm not tempted in the least. Possibly because I bought them all during the last time the bundle was available.

 

I've found that helps resist the urge to buy.

 

Ngl tho, Amazon has had the 5e Essentials Kit for like $8 lately and it's a struggle not to buy another one or two of those, 'cause damn.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Beware, Humble Bundle has Campaign Cartographer and extras to buy right now. :ph34r:  I can honestly say that I'm not tempted in the least. Possibly because I bought them all during the last time the bundle was available.

 

Me too. Half finished a map afterwards and haven't gone back yet. Want to make maps but it always ends up way down on the sit down and do it list. Someday.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Hey! I've been to that distillery ^_^

My mother also visited that distillery several years ago and brought both me and my brother that exact 12 yo bottle!

 

It was a nice experience for her to be able to sample the variety at the source and get to know the subtle differences between the various processes.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing quite as disappointing to be tuned into a painter's Twitch stream who's known for doing an audience participation thingy, you put in for advice (and showcasing your WIP), and you then have to hear "it'll be soon" three times and even an hour and fifteen minutes after that timeslot is supposed to happen, it still hasn't even started...  And you then wind up leaving the streaming because you're passing out at the keyboard >.<

  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Really been wanting some of that fudge Facebook keeps advertising, but I dunno 'bout fudge in the mail.

Facebook was advertising something a lot less savory last time I looked at the wretched thing. I'd be tempted to post the remainder of this post in beekeepers if such a thing was still a thing.

 

Fb was offering me the chance to buy some bones to roll. Dice that is. D20s. Made of,

 

…infused with,

 

 

…wait for it,

 

 

 

…..wait

 

 

 

…for

 

 

 

 

…it:

 

 

 

Real. Human. Bones. :ph34r:

I wish I was kidding; they were real proud of them. $300 of pride (which is apparently quantifiable).

:ik_oops:

  • Confused 7
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

Shaved my head today! Did it for a Hair for Hope initiative I started. Was reminded why I did it when I saw news that a 6th grade boy died after his PSLE (Board exams) finished this year. Saw on Instagram a young woman who need carbon ion treatment in Japan to treat her cancer in her face. Reading good @Kangaroorex's thread made me want to show solidarity in whatever way I can. I don't regret shaving my head one bit.

 

@Pezler the Polychromatic 

 

I appreciate that.  Its been a long fight (seriously WWII was over sooner) but I continue to strive and occasionally claw back a little ground.  I do hope one day a more permanent solution presents itself but until then, ill keep fighting the good fight like a lot of others.  Everybody's help is welcome, especially if it makes someone feel better!

2 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

My mother also visited that distillery several years ago and brought both me and my brother that exact 12 yo bottle!

 

It was a nice experience for her to be able to sample the variety at the source and get to know the subtle differences between the various processes.

I've been to that distillery too.  Its pretty country and Dufftown is a great little town.  Got to stay at a little B&B off the main square.  This was about 8 years ago though, dont know how much has changed.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Crowley said:

Corn pudding just came out of the oven. Hamsterling is asleep. Eggnog in my glass. Christmas music playing.

 

All in all a good start to the evening.

 

As for Alice, yeah, I've been giving her some extra love, hugs, kisses, and soon a bath. Okay, she isn't actually gonna like that last one, but she needs it.

 

I miss my Lucymonster.

 

Of course you do!

Hang in there, enjoy your time with Alice and the Hamsterling.

Look into the future where the Hamsterling will be of an age where he can enjoy playing with his new puppy you'll be getting him for his birthday/Christmas or whatever excuse you need to introduce a pup to the family again.

 

 

 

5 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Said maple bourbon pecan chocolate balls from previous page's filling picture. First time trying these. They worked out pretty darn good.

 

96116483_IMG_20201125_2123337832.thumb.jpg.537bd483177dd0f35b5ebf1db4d0c2d2.jpg

 

 

Sooo, what time shall I come over?

 

 

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Facebook was advertising something a lot less savory last time I looked at the wretched thing. I'd be tempted to post the remainder of this post in beekeepers if such a thing was still a thing.

 

Fb was offering me the chance to buy some bones to roll. Dice that is. D20s. Made of,

 

…infused with,

 

 

…wait for it,

 

 

 

…..wait

 

 

 

…for

 

 

 

 

…it:

 

 

 

Real. Human. Bones. :ph34r:

I wish I was kidding; they were real proud of them. $300 of pride (which is apparently quantifiable).

:ik_oops:

 

Isn't there a law against that sort of thing?

At least an investigation where one would obtain the resources?

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest friggin load I've ever had the pleasure of breaking down & throwing for Turkey Day!!<_<

 

Oh well 8 hrs of time & half & even more after that. I hate this ordering system......

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of booze, picked this up last evening...

100_1991.JPG.51030df838fd073f439d5c8624ddaeba.JPG

I'm not normally that much of a vodka drinker, but the sample of it I had at the store was elfing smooth. Made from Illinois corn, so it could be that it is blessed by He Who Walks Behind The Rows. I'll test out later how well it goes with Green River. Apparently there's plans in the works to set up a distillery for it here in town, so I'll have to find out if that goes through and when they'll be hiring...

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up far too early, but that's life with a Hamsterling. I find I'm watching a lot more TV than I have in a long time. It's one thing I can do while feeding the small one. So far I've plowed through a season and a half of Supernatural, 2 seasons of The Clone Wars, and assorted holiday movies.

 

I should probably go back to bed, but I find myself not sleepy. Thinking I light slap some paint on the goblins I've been working on.

 

And of course get some COFFEE!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Speaking of booze, picked this up last evening...

100_1991.JPG.51030df838fd073f439d5c8624ddaeba.JPG

I'm not normally that much of a vodka drinker, but the sample of it I had at the store was elfing smooth. Made from Illinois corn, so it could be that it is blessed by He Who Walks Behind The Rows. I'll test out later how well it goes with Green River. Apparently there's plans in the works to set up a distillery for it here in town, so I'll have to find out if that goes through and when they'll be hiring...

Wouldn't that make it more of an unused whisky than a vodka?  (Technically moonshine but this sounds fancier ::D:)  i suppose the line without aging is pretty fuzzy...

 

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Up far too early, but that's life with a Hamsterling. I find I'm watching a lot more TV than I have in a long time. It's one thing I can do while feeding the small one. So far I've plowed through a season and a half of Supernatural, 2 seasons of The Clone Wars, and assorted holiday movies.

 

I should probably go back to bed, but I find myself not sleepy. Thinking I light slap some paint on the goblins I've been working on.

 

And of course get some COFFEE!

Life with little ones... you life on their schedule, not your own.  Hope you get some painting done successfully!

 

Since we couldn't get together this Thanksgiving, my brother sent me a care package from New York of bagels bakery cookies and beer.  These are all things that are hard to find in Indiana (especially the cookies;  they are big 8 inch cookies that are super crisp all the way through, I've never seen their like anywhere else 

 

The beer is @Crowleys l fault.  After he waxed poetic about a stout he had jusy before his recent life changing event and I mentioned it to my brother in passing so he went out and found me some.  Looks like I will be enjoying it with my Thanksgiving duck!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...