Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

51 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Wouldn't that make it more of an unused whisky than a vodka?  (Technically moonshine but this sounds fancier ::D:)  i suppose the line without aging is pretty fuzzy...

I'm pretty sure that it only says vodka on the label because "corn squeezin's" might open up a legal can of worms. Hence why I'm interested on working for them, I can fulfill my childhood dream of being involved in bootlegging. Their distillery would in a way be a return to tradition for Kendall County, Paul "The Waiter" Ricca, one of Capone's associates once owned around a substantial amount of acreage here, used for the growing of ingredients and production of moonshine back during Prohibition. 

• Like 9

To those in the USA: I hope that you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

To those not in the USA: I hope you have a great Thursday.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Normally I'm at my brother's house for Thanksgiving so this is a bit odd cooking a big meal in our kitchen here.

Butterflied turkey drying in the fridge

Stuffing ready to go under the turkey

Cranberry sauce with orange zest done.

Turkey back and neck simmering.

Now to think about how to get potatoes and kale done at the same time when I have one largish pot.  Probably need to parboil the kale early and then sautee it at the last minute.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Facebook was advertising something a lot less savory last time I looked at the wretched thing. I'd be tempted to post the remainder of this post in beekeepers if such a thing was still a thing.

Fb was offering me the chance to buy some bones to roll. Dice that is. D20s. Made of,

…infused with,

…wait for it,

…..wait

…for

…it:

Real. Human. Bones. :ph34r:

I wish I was kidding; they were real proud of them. $300 of pride (which is apparently quantifiable).

:ik_oops:

Having seen dice made of dinosaur fossils and meteorites, I can't say I'm totally surprised.

But that description of "infused". I don't think it means what they think it means. Unless human bone broth is involved.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Haha 9

I'm guessing that it's resin with a bit of bone dust added to it.  

It is acually legal to buy bones in some situations, but using the bones in this way is rather... not right. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:
9 hours ago, TGP said:

Real. Human. Bones. :ph34r:

I wish I was kidding; they were real proud of them. $300 of pride (which is apparently quantifiable).

:ik_oops:

Isn't there a law against that sort of thing?

At least an investigation where one would obtain the resources?

I believe I read that there is in 3/50 states. 

Georgia and two others. 

26 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Having seen dice made of dinosaur fossils and meteorites, I can't say I'm totally surprised.

But that description of "infused". I don't think it means what they think it means. Unless human bone broth is involved.

I chose the word infused. 
Because I agree with Gadgetman’s guess. 

17 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

It is acually legal to buy bones in some situations, but using the bones in this way is rather... not right. 

So very not right. 

• Like 6

I'm spending my Thanksgiving looking for a new job... Not because I don't have one but because I've about had it with the one I do. Things are worse last night but I discovered that I have 30 hours of "use it or lose it" PTO left this year. Looks like I'm going to try to take a little "vacation" around NYE.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, CaptainPete said:

I'm spending my Thanksgiving looking for a new job... Not because I don't have one but because I've about had it with the one I do. Things are worse last night but I discovered that I have 30 hours of "use it or lose it" PTO left this year. Looks like I'm going to try to take a little "vacation" around NYE.

Good luck!

Hope you'll find what you're looking for.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Good luck!

Hope you'll find what you're looking for.

Thanks. I'm currently poking around Indeed and made the mistake of looking up my current employer. I'm glad I get left alone... :mellow:

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, TGP said:

I chose the word infused. 

Because I agree with Gadgetman’s guess.

So very not right. 

Shucks! I had a whole train of thought going on there.

Infused human bones -> Human bone broth -> Human bone GRAVY! -> Does it taste like chicken gravy?

This train has already derailed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

55 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Shucks! I had a whole train of thought going on there.

Infused human bones -> Human bone broth -> Human bone GRAVY! -> Does it taste like chicken gravy?

This train has already derailed.

@Glitterwolf WOOF needs to start keeping a very close eye on this member of yours! ::D:

• Haha 10

Oh yeah, on Ubisoft today I spent all of $68 CAD , yet underneath it said I saved something like $220 CAD....  Nothing quite like stocking up on DLC (Assassin's Creed Origins, The Division 2, and Assassin's Creed Black Flag) and Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Ultimate Edition for so little... 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Says you. I am now deeply tempted to put in my will that my carbonised remains should be blended with resin and made into dice. 

Ideally, mixed with glitter, because why the hell NOT?

• Like 6
  • Haha 10