Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it.

I've been busy taking inventory of my 3D files and Minis for the past few days.

Not finished yet.

WHO BOUGHT ALL THIS STUFF???

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

Ahh, food coma.

We had a nice lunch. Mom and Dad and bro, aunt and her bf. Which feels like living dangerously these days lol. But that's no one out of our ordinary circle tbh, so. Good times.

Ready to nap in front of the TV now.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

phrasing3.jpg.96059914034c3e7749bb461d766718dd.jpg

Thank you! Glad I wasn't the only one thinking it...

It has been a mixed day. I miss my Lucy, I miss my family and friends. Having the hamsterling has been different, interesting, a little frustrating, and will be more fun when he can enjoy the celebration. As it is, his milk only diet makes holidays something of a non-event for him.

The roast lamb was super tender. Overstuffed mushrooms were perfect. Corn pudding was great as always, as were the roasted potatoes and the mashed potatoes. The green bean casserole was less successful. Not sure what went wrong, but the sauce never really thickened up.

Currently kicking back with a Brooklyn Winter Lager, and am about to watch some more Clone Wars. Just starting season 5. Figure I'll be through it in another week or two, then back to the Mandalorian.

• Like 14

7 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Shucks! I had a whole train of thought going on there.

Infused human bones -> Human bone broth -> Human bone GRAVY! -> Does it taste like chicken gravy?

This train has already derailed.

More like pork gravy, if the references to "long pork" are to be taken as accurate.

_

The new power supply for my desktop arrived late yesterday.    Bumped the replacement up from a 600 watt to a 750 watt spec.  It's a lot quieter than the old supply, which is a big plus for me. To all my fellow citizens in the USA, Happy Thanksgiving.  For the rest of the world, I hope that you have had a Thursday without sturm and drang.

GEM

-

• Like 8

At 45 I am finally guaranteed a spot at the adults' table at holidays.

My own nuclear family is fairly small so all 6 of us fit.  At my in-laws' there can be anywhere between 1-30 and I'm still one of the younger ones.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, haldir said:

Since, I was in the bathroom at the time, I really didn't care how it came out. ^_^

Seriously, what a joke of load, after today we go into the slowest week of the year. I bet the Saturday night load is probably the same size. "Richard" can't keep his damn fingers off the ordering gun. You can add to the auto ordering, just can't minus anything off it.

Came home around 9, so even with the new guy, co-worker & got like 8 hrs of time & half & an hour of whatever extra we get for holiday OT. I can handle that, just don't like the way I had to get it. Also, why are there stupid people in the world? Is it to make other people look or feel good??

At least I don't have to go back till Saturday night. Also nice I only have a little prep to do for tomorrow morning's game. Mostly I need to clean off the game table & gather up a couple of missing minis.

First World Problem.   We've rounded off and padded all the sharp corners to the point where they no longer represent a danger, much less a fatal encounter for the people who used to get darwin'ed by their stupidity.

GEM

• Like 7

Dang, Amazon got some deals on on anime rn. After nearly twenty years I've finally been lured into updating my old copies of Bebop, Lodoss War, and Ninja Scroll to Blu-ray.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Thank you! Glad I wasn't the only one thinking it...

Always happy to drop an Archer reference. :lol:

Just finished the clean up from the meal. Only myself and my parents... still baffled how we used a bajillion pots and pans. First time I ever did a turkey, I'm usually the "jellied cranberry sauce from the can man" and potato masher. Came out decent, tasted like turkey, and made enough gravy so I am content. Totally need to study the art of carving a turkey, I imagine Gordon Ramsey would have been dropping elf bombs the entire time if he saw me.

Might have pie later, might wait until tomorrow. Pie, breakfast of champions.

Hope everyone had a good, or at least tolerable, day regardless of where you are in the world.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Just finished the clean up from the meal. Only myself and my parents... still baffled how we used a bajillion pots and pans. First time I ever did a turkey, I'm usually the "jellied cranberry sauce from the can man" and potato masher. Came out decent, tasted like turkey, and made enough gravy so I am content. Totally need to study the art of carving a turkey, I imagine Gordon Ramsey would have been dropping elf bombs the entire time if he saw me.

Hope everyone had a good, or at least tolerable, day regardless of where you are in the world.

After 15 years of being the official bird chopper it still looks like road kill when I'm done with it. Not as enthusiastic as the Swedish Chef any more but it seems my technique is similar. Y cooking usually tastes good but I get low scores for presentation.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Zink said:
2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

After 15 years of being the official bird chopper it still looks like road kill when I'm done with it. Not as enthusiastic as the Swedish Chef any more but it seems my technique is similar. Y cooking usually tastes good but I get low scores for presentation.

... if I haven't done at least one thing that would make Gordon Ramsey invent new ways to utilise profanity, I might not be doing food right.

That said, carving meat with a sharp knife is not that hard? I have the most trouble convincing all the limbs to detach nicely. If I've already whacked the backbone out of the bird, this is easier, though; I am a huge fan of flat fowl...

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Currently kicking back with a Brooklyn Winter Lager, and am about to watch some more Clone Wars. Just starting season 5. Figure I'll be through it in another week or two, then back to the Mandalorian.

Enjoy the last few seasons. Season 6 and 7 are shorter, but really good.

Have you watched the 5 seasons of Rebels yet?  I'm on season 3 now.....

• Like 6