Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

7 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Enjoy the last few seasons. Season 6 and 7 are shorter, but really good.

Have you watched the 5 seasons of Rebels yet?  I'm on season 3 now.....

Not yet

COFFEE!!

• Like 7

My wife and I had Thanksgiving dinner just for ourselves yesterday, so we kept it pretty simple.  I cooked the turkey breast in the slow cooker; sides were mashed potatoes (scratch) and roasted brussel sprouts.  We had some commercial help with the gravy and canned jellied cranberry sauce. Dessert was an apple cobbler, since I still need to work on my pie crusts.

5DD083CC-E2B6-4E49-97A4-23FBF5717E3D.jpeg.731260f5974b22368d8fe3b03f40672e.jpeg

My wife did set the table with the antique turkey plates, which only come out for festive dinners featuring turkey, and we had a three-node Google Hangouts call between dinner and dessert with my son and daughter-in-law at one remote node, and my parents, brother and my second son at the other remote node.  The last two years, my elder son has hosted the gathering for his inlaws’ family, a total of 20 or so, so this did feel rather subdued.

• Like 13

16 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it.

I've been busy taking inventory of my 3D files and Minis for the past few days.

Not finished yet.

WHO BOUGHT ALL THIS STUFF???

It was MEOW operatives, they're trying to bury you in projects.

• Haha 8

No turkey induced coma for me yesterday, thou I did sleep. I went to bed around noon, but I didn't fall asleep till about 3 (Cowpies game hadn't started yet. My son was watching football downstairs) & woke up around 8 or so. My wife did cook some traditional T-day foods but I'm not one for turkey off the bone or the other stuff your suppose to eat on T-day. I ended up eating a microwave pizza, thou I did help myself to a couple of rolls that she made. Good enough for me.

Thanks to my work schedule, I've been up since around 2 this morning. Mostly browsing BF sales (nothing really says "BUY ME"). I did see a message from one of my players saying he didn't realize we were gonna re-start today & he had plans, so game has been cancelled (story of 2020 for me) till next Friday morning. Today would have been nice as I didn't work last night, but eh, I'll manage like I always do. 

Today's cancellation gives me time to try & slap some paint on some of the minis (more or less black werewolf gets black paint, etc etc) & I don't have to rush out to the garage to clean off the table. Hey, I may even try & work on a model I've tried to get to this week.

I may see if my wife wants to go over to Ideeeho for Chinese food but with the holiday, that restaurant might be closed right now. I know they take the holidays off to back to China for family. If not them, maybe something else. Either way Ducks vs Beavers are on tonight (Civi....errr yah ok nevermind) so at least I got something to watch tonight, unless COVID takes that away as well.

Need to clean up a 3d print I did yesterday. Good thing, you can keep it in the machine till you can get to it. Vine blight by Gloomykid!!

• Like 7

We had an Indian Thanksgiving Feast! 

Tiki Marsala,

Koruma   

Tandori Chicken

Fried Momo (dumplings) 

Naan Bread 

something with Spinach and Cheese (which I love but cant name) 

pumpkin and Chess ('Jes ? ) Pie  -  these were the only thing I cooked, the rest was takeout.

getting the Indians switched again appeals to my sense of Whimsy. 

---

So on a different note I need some enablement advice. 

I brought in some money on a side gig,  and have a higher than normal hobby budget. 

I have been eying the Lord Of Change (GW)  from the first time I saw it.  It is a 9" tall  winged demon of horrible beauty. 

Insert existing attachmentLoC.thumb.jpg.44f85822fbf6d43845f9c74df87aae53.jpg

But I have a fair number of large wonderful minis that I already avoid painting.   

I haven't painted anything this year larger than about 80mm.  I like having them painted but not the process. 

If I am going to spend over 100$ on one mini shouldn't it be a H***  YES!    

Perhaps it is just a phase, and the ambition to paint big will return, then I would have this guy waiting for me.. 

Advice? 

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Hmmm, tried to order from Noble Knight for the first time.  Think I killed their web site.......:blink:

They seem to have recovered.  Order placed!  Sales almost make up for our crappy dollar......

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

We had an Indian Thanksgiving Feast! 

Tiki Marsala,

Koruma   

Tandori Chicken

Fried Momo (dumplings) 

Naan Bread 

something with Spinach and Cheese (which I love but cant name) 

pumpkin and Chess ('Jes ? ) Pie  -  these were the only thing I cooked, the rest was takeout.

getting the Indians switched again appeals to my sense of Whimsy. 

---

So on a different note I need some enablement advice. 

I brought in some money on a side gig,  and have a higher than normal hobby budget. 

I have been eying the Lord Of Change (GW)  from the first time I saw it.  It is a 9" tall  winged demon of horrible beauty. 

Insert existing attachmentLoC.thumb.jpg.44f85822fbf6d43845f9c74df87aae53.jpg

But I have a fair number of large wonderful minis that I already avoid painting.   

I haven't painted anything this year larger than about 80mm.  I like having them painted but not the process. 

If I am going to spend over 100$ on one mini shouldn't it be a H***  YES!    

Perhaps it is just a phase, and the ambition to paint big will return, then I would have this guy waiting for me.. 

Advice? 

I would say go for it. Given GW's habit of price increases, it isn't going to get any cheaper over time, and if discontinued that will increase the price as well, so if you can spare the cash, having it on hand is better than not. Also given the uncertainty that has been the hallmark of this year thus far, gathering what one can when one can is a good idea, because you never know when lockdowns or other factors will inhibit the postal system. 

If the time should come when you decide that you aren't going to paint it, then reselling it is an option, it's not like it has an expiration date. So if you have the free money and space now, then going for it means that this way you'll have options instead of looking back and wishing that you had got it while the getting was good.

• Like 8

Morning All. Hope everyone had a great day yesterday no matter what holiday you celebrate or even if you celebrate.

Wife made ham, crockpot corn Daughter made pies. My two oldest and my oldests husband come over. it was a pretty good day. 

I have been working on my adventure a little here and a little there. I ended up buying the "Old World Bestiary" for the Warhammer RPG so I can convert the monsters over to GURPS. While there is a respository for GURPS monsters, I feel like if I use the ones from the WFPG they will be more in line with what I am wanting. plus there are a few monster that are only found in the warhammer world. 

• Like 9

We have ordered Sushi and Indonesian food for tonight.

Going to get it in half an hour.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7

On 11/26/2020 at 3:29 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Of course you do!

Hang in there, enjoy your time with Alice and the Hamsterling.

Look into the future where the Hamsterling will be of an age where he can enjoy playing with his new puppy you'll be getting him for his birthday/Christmas or whatever excuse you need to introduce a pup to the family again.

Sooo, what time shall I come over?

Isn't there a law against that sort of thing?

At least an investigation where one would obtain the resources?

Sorry you had to die Charlie, but I needed a new twenty sider more than I needed your company.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

@Evilhalfling If you have been wanting that Demon since you first saw it and now have the money then I would say, go for it!

Just think about it, will you paint it, do you want it?

Don't need that money for something more important?

Do it!

• Like 6