Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

One thing that will auto—improve almost any school system is smaller class sizes. 

So if the average was 26 kids per classroom (and teacher) and they push it down to 14 kids per class out of fear of virus transmission it will be a win-win. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

How does one deal with brainweasels that cause you to think everything is going downhill while in fact everything is actually fine?

I feel like doom and gloom at the moment and I haven't a real reason for it, except the World Events and that I find some stuff at work boring at the moment.

Let me know when you figure it out!

Luckily at the moment I've got some interesting stuff to deal with at work (programming, even though it's not what I'm technically employed for, it appears that I'm employed more specifically for troubleshooting using whatever tools necessary to get a result)

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I have a lot of Tanith Lee's books.

Love most of them.

Also LEIBER - Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser!

How does one deal with brainweasels that cause you to think everything is going downhill while in fact everything is actually fine?

I feel like doom and gloom at the moment and I haven't a real reason for it, except the World Events and that I find some stuff at work boring at the moment.

I've found that turning off the "news" for a couple of days helps.

Kind of like a vacation without actually going anyplace.

GEM

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

GEM

Yeah, that might be a good thing.

• Like 10

While you folks kept Pezler distracted last night, I stole my rain back.

Then I wake up to yet more burning and blinding rays from the Malicious Orb of the East.

Luckily I had another box of Triscuts in the survival food box and some more sleezy cheese, and after a repeat of the previous experiments, it's clouding over again....

(I'm kinda reaching the point where I honestly don't know if I'm joking anymore about the rain summoning. I'm getting results on almost every attempt now, and seeing how crazy the world has become recently, I'm starting to wonder if reality has been bent just enough for such things to be possible.)

I learned today that in certain parts of the world, the virus is now being worshiped as the goddess Corona Mai. I was making jest of that sort of thing for months, didn't expect it to actually happen. That being said, I can understand the reasoning behind it, who knows, She might be why my rain summonings are working more often than not....so it looks like She'll be added alongside the Great Pumpkin, Agamenthar the Coffee God, and Our Lady of Tobacco in the pantheon. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

GEM

I only look at the news once a week, unless something compels me to take another look. It really helps me focus on the important things in life.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I only look at the news once a week, unless something compels me to take another look. It really helps me focus on the important things in life.

I'm married to a newsaholic. <_< He's also the type that cross corelates and fact checks. I have to tell him when it starts being a downer.

Grump related, we took a bus this morning because I really didn't feel like driving.

The bus driver wants Grump at his church as a speaker. I have the weird feeling that I came in at the middle of a story, and am missing the beginning.

Grump's been a speaker at A2U2, but the driver isn't U/U. He's a Jesus Loves YOU! type.

In a good way. Inclusive, not exclusive. But so weird that he wants Grump talking to a congregation, while Grump has the scary beard thing going.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

In a good way. Inclusive, not exclusive. But so weird that he wants Grump talking to a congregation, while Grump has the scary beard thing going.

Beard oil/balm makes it become a sensual, smooth beard...  Just saying ::P:

Just don't pick two scents that clash if you're going to use both :ph34r:

• Like 7

So, I find myself in an odd predicament.  I've started picking up a few commissions here and there and I've been enjoying it, and I wanted to start branding myself, so I started talking about it about it with Mrs Wulf a few weeks back, and we came up with a studio name, and mentioned I needed to come up with some kind of logo so I can start watermarking images and such.  She sketched out an idea but wasn't completely satisfied with the results and spoke with some of her friends online and had someone who's actually trying to get built up to doing professional graphic design work, which on one hand is cool and super helpful and I like what she's doing, but on the other hand there's a part of me that is all like "NO!!!  Bad Artist.  Exposure isn't worth the paper it's printed on!"  Especially since I plan on trying to use it to help me make a few sales....

We got her to at least take some baked goods in exchange, so that helps my conscience a bit.

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Cygnwulf said:

So, I find myself in an odd predicament.  I've started picking up a few commissions here and there and I've been enjoying it, and I wanted to start branding myself, so I started talking about it about it with Mrs Wulf a few weeks back, and we came up with a studio name, and mentioned I needed to come up with some kind of logo so I can start watermarking images and such.  She sketched out an idea but wasn't completely satisfied with the results and spoke with some of her friends online and had someone who's actually trying to get built up to doing professional graphic design work, which on one hand is cool and super helpful and I like what she's doing, but on the other hand there's a part of me that is all like "NO!!!  Bad Artist.  Exposure isn't worth the paper it's printed on!"  Especially since I plan on trying to use it to help me make a few sales....

We got her to at least take some baked goods in exchange, so that helps my conscience a bit.

This makes me wonder if trading logo services for a painted miniature would count as an art trade... >.>

(I'm an artist; I'll trade skill for skill...)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Cygnwulf said:

Boredom is also a factor rn with the lockdowns. I gave away several hours of research because I missed the challenge. If work is slow for your graphic designer they might be viewing your logo as something fun to do instead of a job.

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Boredom is also a factor rn with the lockdowns. I gave away several hours of research because I missed the challenge. If work is slow for your graphic designer they might be viewing your logo as something fun to do instead of a job.

That's some thing I didn't think of.  Even still, we're going to load her up with about $50 retail worth of my wife's homemade cookies and pastries as a thank you, that helps me feel better about it :)

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

This makes me wonder if trading logo services for a painted miniature would count as an art trade... >.>

(I'm an artist; I'll trade skill for skill...)

If they're both good at what they do then yeah. I mean they likely take similar amounts of time and effort.

• Like 9