Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Anyone having problems with the patreon web site?  I can't see my messages.  If I go there It begins to show the page then reloads it as blank.  Tried chrome and firefox on my PC and chrome on my phone.....

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

That sounds cool.

We have a friend that had the same problem with the cards for  the Legacy version of Pandemic.

~~~~

I am so glad Grump is the AntiPhil. ::):

I completely forgot about Phil on the tenth and eleventh anniversaries.

I like it that way, remembering months later, and realizing he has lost his hold on me.

Thanks, Grump. :wub:

It was because I was singing This Is My Fight Face.

Phil would have been PISSED!

Grump pulled out a kazoo and kazooed along. ::):

And I forgot what I was supposed to be fighting about. Thankfully Grump remembered, it's embarrassing when you win the fight, but forget what it was about! ::P:

Is it still fighting if hubby pulls out a kazoo instead of fighting back?

Anyway, I WON! ::D:

• Haha 15

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I know it's the weekend, but not even a whole page in 12 hours?

You lot are slacking.::P:

Nothing interesting going on here. And that's not a bad thing. :winkthumbs:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

It was because I was singing This Is My Fight Face.

Phil would have been PISSED!

Grump pulled out a kazoo and kazooed along. ::):

And I forgot what I was supposed to be fighting about. Thankfully Grump remembered, it's embarrassing when you win the fight, but forget what it was about! ::P:

Is it still fighting if hubby pulls out a kazoo instead of fighting back?

Anyway, I WON! ::D:

It was a War Kazoo, in the right hands they can... annoy somebody to death? Maybe?

Brigid, Sam, Khatt, and Thomathy all looked at us as if we were crazy. (Really, it took them this long to figure that out?)

The Auld Grump

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

Ugh. UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH! :zombie:

Work has been... Troubling. I saw a few groups of people having parties during the holiday last month and have been waiting for that shoe to drop. The only bright spot is that the folks at the top are feeling the same way that I am about the whole mess so I'm not as mad as I was. But I'm still mad.

In other news, I've been busy writing which is why I've been gone from here. And I just lost about 500 words do to an OneDrive/autosave failure. It showed it was saved but it wasn't. I'm very not happy about this but I guess I can rewrite it. I'm just not happy that I'm paying for storage to prevent this sort of thing and yet it happens.

I don't know if anyone remembers the thing I found about Daft Punk albums but I just got Human After All and it is also listed as "Disco." :blink:

Edited by CaptainPete
Edited to correct tired brain error
  • Like 7

While delving into research on ways to combat the "endless days of sun" problem, I came across a possible link between the North Pole elves and the beatnik movement. The finger snapping and the bongos were derived from the elves, and may have some connection to Santa's time and space warping abilities using sonic resonance. 

While this doesn't solve my immediate problem with the Yellow Orb That Burns and Blinds and it's reign of tyranny this year so far, it does open a new area of questions...with the North Pole undergoing signs of becoming some manner of Chaos Gate, and the military experiments in sonic weaponry, does this portend that Santa, in his fall to Corrupted Santa, which I originally theorized as being connected to Mammon....did he instead fall to Slaanesh? Is there in the vile depths of his infernal workshops the beginnings of legions of North Pole elves taking up the armor and weapons of the Chaos Noise Marines? 

And the tradition of caroling, the sheer number of annoying Christmas songs...just how long has the abuse of sound played a part in all of this?! 

What larger role did the beatniks play in Santa's machinations? 

Was the connection between sonic warfare and Santa a result of cooperation during the Cold War or something more nefarious?

Does Benson know?

Does Benson care?

• Like 4

I about ready to drift off to sleep last night, but then I remembered the mower was out of the garage & I needed to put it back. I went downstairs, put shoes on & then went outside. As I got to the mower, I looked up into the western night sky & seen a line of "stars, lights?" So I went & got my daughter & showed her. At first she was "Aliens!!!". After I put the mower away I looked up again & they were gone!

I was wondering what it was. I did a google this morning & came across this:

https://wwmt.com/news/local/stars-lined-up-in-night-sky-leave-some-michiganders-mystified

Page is over a year old (the Old Days!!!) but it exactly what I saw. Pretty cool that I got to see this.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, haldir said:

Page is over a year old (the Old Days!!!) but it exactly what I saw. Pretty cool that I got to see this.

Yet Elon doesn't seem to understand why so many hobby/backyard (and especially professional) astronomers are very, VERY concerned about this ruining the night sky and/or their research. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I know it's the weekend, but not even a whole page in 12 hours?

You lot are slacking.::P:

Hard to type with a fussy newborn... 

12 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpxA_ZxGX_M

The HU released a cover of a song we all know. Or we'd all better know it by now :ph34r:

Oooohhhhh!!! Nice!

Laundry in progress, brunch finished, dishes washed. Time to feed the beast again...  COFFEE!!

IMG_20201205_081737_01.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Had my surgery yesterday my reason for not posting).  Gauze packing is removed and very little bleeding remains. Dr told me to sleep on my back propped up yesterday to aid healing.  May have aided healing but prevented sleep.  Remained coherent enough this morning to play DnD.  Snow is coming down hard her in CT.  Was raining all last night (I was awake to hear it) and this morning.

Hopefully when the procedure heals and the swelling subsides, my snoring is reduced.  No really pain, just discomfort and no external signs.

• Like 17

Back from a chilly walk in the park. Gonna put a pot of rice in the IP, then head to the coop for the week's groceries. Hoping then to get to work cleaning mold lines on some minis, maybe even priming (lining) them!!

• Like 13