Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

It was in the 70's today and windy enough to keep mosquitoes away so I got quite a bit of gardening done.  Then spent 45 mins in the drive thru line to get fried chicken.  Can't wait for dining rooms to open. 

29 minutes ago, TGP said:

Hungry?: Not really

Growling sensation?: None.

Slight Empty Feeling?: ...a little bit.

Food... :mellow:  ...meh.

Some days are like that.  Your body will let you know when you're hungry.

• Like 7

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Today I think I'm going to cube the leftover beef roast. I'm going to fry it up with some onions and bell peppers and eggs.

That sounds good. I would just stop right there at the eggs. Maybe add  that cheese. I hope it is cheese with a name: Muenster, Gouda, Havarti, White Cheddar, etc.

• Like 7

Currently helping my sister play Child Tetris while the movers are packing their stuff (into and out of various rooms, plus an RV). The baby is being fussier than usual, the two year old is being very...himself (an engineer in the making, for sure lol), and my poor 5-year old niece, who likes a quiet, orderly life, is handling the complete disruption of her world...Poorly.

Overall, though, things are going better than I'd expected. I had anticipated full-on melt-downs from all 5 (including the parents lol). 

I also got to discover that a springless trampoline is all kinds of Not Fun to dismantle. Not only is it kid-proof, it was darn near adult-proof! :rolleyes:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

A nearby farm put the rest of their little vegetable plants on sale for $2 a flat. That's 20 plants per flat. My roommate and I wound up with 2 flats of peppers, tomatoes, squash and okra :wub::wub::wub:

We got most into pots today. Still have 5 tomato plants to plant as we need to get more pots. 

IMG_20200610_193317222.thumb.jpg.e891b472f923a7aabb7699bbbc0aaa2c.jpg

IMG_20200610_193337896.thumb.jpg.6159c0b506c17f9eac849d8c9f332fc7.jpg

IMG_20200610_193344654_HDR.thumb.jpg.83967a6f67101560ac10a825098dee08.jpg

• Like 18

5 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Food is always an appropriate payment tbh. At least for me it is :B):

I've done many jobs for a good meal over the years. I sometimes think I've spent at least half my life working just for food.

• Like 11

Did a sneaky for the bulletin board game, secret door behind the bookcase, check.

But a SECOND mechanism to open another secret door is also part of the bookcase.

DC to find and open the door behind the bookcase 15.

DC to find the second catch, that only works if the secret door behind the bookcase is unlocked but not opened is DC 20.

Minor hidden treasure behind the bookcase, an entire complex behind the second.

• Like 11

10 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I'm married to a newsaholic. <_< He's also the type that cross corelates and fact checks. I have to tell him when it starts being a downer.

Grump related, we took a bus this morning because I really didn't feel like driving.

The bus driver wants Grump at his church as a speaker. I have the weird feeling that I came in at the middle of a story, and am missing the beginning.

Grump's been a speaker at A2U2, but the driver isn't U/U. He's a Jesus Loves YOU! type.

In a good way. Inclusive, not exclusive. But so weird that he wants Grump talking to a congregation, while Grump has the scary beard thing going.

He's Congregationalist - but his parents were Baptists until the fundamentalist takeover in the late seventies - he wants me to do a talk about that bit of history and the withdrawal of the SBC from the WBA.*

He is Congregationalist, knows that I was raised Catholic and that I have been a Unitarian for thirty plus years, and wants me to speak on the Southern Baptists... what could possibly go wrong? (Actually, the local Baptist church is very close to the Baptist church of when I was younger - less fundamentalist, and a lot less hidebound, they are aligned with the NCC, not the SBC.) *EDIT* There is also a Russian Baptist congregation in the area, that remains affiliated with the WBA. At one point, during the Cold War the Russian Baptists in this area referred to themselves as Northern Baptists.

A talk for a group at his church, not giving a sermon.**

The Auld Grump - keeping the TLA but not explaining them, because....

* I suspect he will want me to lose the beard, first. ::P:

** Be excellent to each other, and party on?

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 8

Since we're all talking about food... Tonight's supper is... Bacon, eggs, and toast....  Because I'm an adult, and can eat such whenever I want to!

I suspect even my dad would agree with such infallible logic, as he'd love such a meal.  Mom, naturally, would totally disagree....

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Since we're all talking about food... Tonight's supper is... Bacon, eggs, and toast....  Because I'm an adult, and can eat such whenever I want to!

I suspect even my dad would agree with such infallible logic, as he'd love such a meal.  Mom, naturally, would totally disagree....

Similar has been served at our dinner table on many occasions, and will be again in the future.

GEM

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Will soon be time for dinner here.

I have a tuna casserole in the oven.

Why would you do that to tuna? Sorry, love tuna but never did acquire the taste for it in casseroles. 

3 hours ago, Keianna said:

A nearby farm put the rest of their little vegetable plants on sale for $2 a flat. That's 20 plants per flat. My roommate and I wound up with 2 flats of peppers, tomatoes, squash and okra :wub::wub::wub:

We got most into pots today. Still have 5 tomato plants to plant as we need to get more pots. 

Great deal!  And you're going to need bigger pots. I suggest planting in bags of dirt.  https://dengarden.com/gardening/How-To-Make-A-Quick-And-Easy-Vegetable-or-Flower-Garden

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Inarah said:

Why would you do that to tuna? Sorry, love tuna but never did acquire the taste for it in casseroles. 

Great deal!  And you're going to need bigger pots. I suggest planting in bags of dirt.  https://dengarden.com/gardening/How-To-Make-A-Quick-And-Easy-Vegetable-or-Flower-Garden

When combined with 4 kinds of cheese, noodles, sliced mushrooms, and diced tomato it makes a tasty one dish meal.

GEM

• Like 8