Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

9 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Oh hey, the rain's back over here!

THIEF!!!!

Waited for me to fall asleep, eh? I'm not surprised, I knew sooner or later the Seelie Court would step in, keep you from getting snowed on thus removing the downside of rain theft....doesn't help your efforts to assist the unicorn menace however. Sure the Summer Court might seem like they'd get along with the brutes, but only until the Centaurs learn of it. The Unseelie may hate unicorns on principal, but for the Centaurs, it's personal. Might be enough to split the Court, thus upsetting what's left of the Balance, and then the Great Pumpkin will step in, bringing Eternal Autumn*....

Interesting how the unicorns have gathered over Canada in the first place....almost as if the Canadian Space Program decided to try crossbreeding a unicorn and a moose to achieve orbit capable cavalry....

*Well maybe not so Eternal, more like a cycle of Autumn to Winter and back again, cutting out Spring and Summer entirely. 

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Currently helping my sister play Child Tetris while the movers are packing their stuff (into and out of various rooms, plus an RV). The baby is being fussier than usual, the two year old is being very...himself (an engineer in the making, for sure lol), and my poor 5-year old niece, who likes a quiet, orderly life, is handling the complete disruption of her world...Poorly.

Overall, though, things are going better than I'd expected. I had anticipated full-on melt-downs from all 5 (including the parents lol). 

I also got to discover that a springless trampoline is all kinds of Not Fun to dismantle. Not only is it kid-proof, it was darn near adult-proof! :rolleyes:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

I don't quite understand the Tetris aspect.  How does wedging tiny tots together with no intervening spaces become [?] useful……not getting the reference.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

By its side a great white shark swims peacefully | Dangerous ...

Nice, everyone thinks you are speaking of the human diver....when in reality, it is the smaller fish on the opposite end of the shark. 

Those fish are part of the Crimson Cod Front, an interspecies alliance of fish who seek the awaking of Dagon, and the obliteration of the surface world. Even the mermaids are leery of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TGP said:

I don't quite understand the Tetris aspect.  How does wedging tiny tots together with no intervening spaces become [?] useful……not getting the reference.

Wow, yeah that was totally the wrong game reference. However, my thoughts are currently the consistency of scrambled eggs, so I can't think of what I originally meant. Perhaps one of those sliding block puzzle games, where you have to do a lot of shuffling blocks around to get them in place. 

Then again, trying to squish two small children, a baby, and three adults into the narrow RV yesterday certainly felt like Tetris. That's not even counting the two small dogs and very social cat that will also be inside once the RV is on the road (though since I'm not moving to Texas with my sister and her family, this means there will only be two adults rather than three). 

Yeah...I love my sister and her family to absolute pieces, but I'm kind of glad I'm not going on this 3 day RV road trip with them. :lol:

Sorry if I'm not making much sense; I'm super tired, lol. And I get to do it all over again today since the movers will be actually loading everything onto the moving truck(s), so...yeah.

Uh, there was an actual end to that sentence, but I forgot what it was partway through. :lol: I'm going to bed!

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Mini-spawn set up a Zoom School for some dragons, and the D&D cats and dogs from animal adventures. 

I think they were watching crafting youtube videos. 

zoom school.jpg

• Like 21

Got a new (partial) roof replaced yesterday. And two hours after they finished up we had a line of severe thunderstorms move through the area. Everything holding up and no leaking. If you had told young Thoramel how happy he would be about this situation he probably would have just looked confused.

• Like 9
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:
9 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Since we're all talking about food... Tonight's supper is... Bacon, eggs, and toast....  Because I'm an adult, and can eat such whenever I want to!

I suspect even my dad would agree with such infallible logic, as he'd love such a meal.  Mom, naturally, would totally disagree....

Similar has been served at our dinner table on many occasions, and will be again in the future.

We frequently add biscuits and gravy to this dinner spread.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Do you have time to talk about our lord and savior... DAGON ...

I have asked my Elder Spawn many times if she accepts Thor Odinson as her personal savior. 

although we have discussed that really he would only be useful if what your needed saving from was frost giants (or any giant really) 

She says that in the event of a giant problem she will accept Thor,  but otherwise she is keeping her options open. 

PS.

Thor would also be useful if you had a too much unquaffed beer/mead problem. 

Or you really want a meal of fresh goat.

this all relates to mythic Thor not comic-book Thor. 

this is the sort of thing we like to discuss. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 9
  • Haha 8

Hmmm, seem to recall the forecast for today was rain, yet I can hear multiple mowers going....

Who's been messing with the rain today??  :poke:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Time to take a break from assembling minis.

With the guy I'm currently working on, the elbow patches of his leather jacket are separate pieces, and my hands aren't quite up to it at the moment.

Plus it's almost dinnertime, Chicken and Mango Curry tonight.

• Like 11