Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Hmmm, seem to recall the forecast for today was rain, yet I can hear multiple mowers going....

Who's been messing with the rain today??  :poke:

2 days ago we got a quarter inch so I was sitting in the house. In between showers the one neighour was cutting his lawn. Both the wife and I were like wtf? 2 months of no rain and you have to try mowing things now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Rain summoning on hold until I can get more Triscuts and another belt onion.

It has been a somewhat amusing morning though. It turns out that the majority of the morning chirping is being produced by two young sparrows, who while old enough to leave the nest and get to the feeder, are still in the stage of resembling feathery puffballs. Both seem to be quite offended by the idea that they are now expected to feed themselves, and so they constantly nag the other birds, trying to get them to feed them seeds. 

One of them seems to have accepted that won't happen and finally gave in, the other insists on flapping it's wings in irritation and yelling for all it's worth while perching on the edge of the bowl. Unfortunately they flew off when they saw me bring the camera up, so no pictures. 

2020: Even the birds have an entitlement complex now. 

• Haha 11

10 minutes ago, TripleH said:

103097763_4295434830470207_7010964203407078286_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=phd5tSSEirYAX_de6bH&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=f4ec96c2fbc888f3677a73db63226f9e&oe=5F066DC9

We really need an eye rolling smiley for something like this. :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, NebulousMissy said:

I have a working AC again.

Hurrah ! 

• Like 9

Painting Platinum #027 started at 3:00 PM.  Sadie's painting 77134 - Hajad, Pirate.  

There's a giveaway for each five subs, special retro paints in short supply and possibly never to be made again.   Retro blue steel and Retro green steel.

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hmm... the kids in last night's game seem a bit frightened by being so near The Blight - I blame Sam - she has read some/most of the setting.

They got into town not long after the dawn - in time to see a hanging for the crime of Heresy - on a triple gallows, in a town of just over 1,250. (As good an example of overkill as you might find.)

And soon learned that no one had collected the corpse at the old hanging tree after those sent to cut the corpse down were found cold and stiff, eyes open and mouths frozen mid scream. (Maybe it was a good thing that the party hurried away?)

They have also learned that the local baron gave over the right of low justice to the Church of Grace, rather than visit the town to administer justice himself.

As it turns out there is a reason for this - the town has had two years of very poor harvests, and if the baron comes to the town he is required, by law, to collect the full taxes for those two years. His not coming to town is not merely a shirking of duties - it is intended as a kindness.

Barring disaster, this will be the first year that he might be able to collect the taxes without paupering the town, come the autumn.

The legate of the Church also met with them at the one in in town - wanting to know their business, and informing them that the Church will be expecting a 20% tithe of any treasures that the party recovers during their adventures. But that they are welcomed, for their hoped for removal of certain monsters that have begun preying upon the townsfolk - including the ghost at the gallows tree by the crossroads.

They also learned that they should have taken the heads of the enemy that attacked them the previous night - to prove that they had killed those orcs. (They were able to go back and recover some of the heads - but three of the bodies had gone missing.)

They have decided to see if they can find the monsters that attacked them the night before, since dealing with wraith, wight, or geist is a bit beyond what they feel capable of at the moment, and had found a half submerged ruin in a marsh. (They found something - just not what they were looking for.) They did not have a chance to explore the underground portion of the ruins - as old bones found new life, and rose from the mire.

The battle was closer than the PCs would have liked - and their rolls not as good as they might have hoped, but they did manage to lay the bones to rest, though two of those that did battle have failed saves vs. disease from the wounds inflicted by rusting and broken weapons.

When they go down into the ruins, they will be waist deep in peat brown water, unable to see what is below their feet.

No sign, on the surface, at least, of any necromancer wakening the bones.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 12

30 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

It's salad season. Got my first good lettuce "harvest." 

That statement brought up some strange images when I first read it as "slaad season".... ::P:

• Like 3
  • Haha 14

Blessings upon whoever it was that linked the tesla coil video. My 2.5 year old nephew was FASCINATED by the "singing lighting" for a solid 25 minutes (even though his usual interest in videos is about 2 minutes). He was very curious about how it was made, so I got to try and explain electricity and sound frequencies to a toddler. He seemed content with my attempt at explaining, so I'm calling it a win. :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

Made sesame crusted pan-seared ahi tuna steaks, assorted fresh steamed vegetables, and avocado served over brown rice, with fresh Thai spring rolls on the side. Assorted pickles and condiments as well.  I am stuffed. 

• Like 12