Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, knarthex said:

Guess I'll need to pick up the rules

Depending on where you might source it, you'll most likely want the 2nd Edition rules.  There isn't much difference between the two, 2nd Edition just has some extra command options and does HE and flamethrowers a bit differently.  Normally my recommendation would be to get the book direct from Warlord Games, since that way most of their books will also come with a free figure, but as the UK is currently on level 4 lockdown that's a bit iffy at the moment. (Even under normal conditions it can take WG a week or two to dispatch an order, they're not exactly Reaper swift).  

In any case, however you source the rules then you may be happy to know that the rulebook contains basic army lists for the US, British, Soviets, Germans and Japanese.  Additional army options are found in the specific army books, which are relatively handy but, being mostly stat blocks and platoon options, are a touch pricey for the contents.  In the meantime, you can use this website https://wg.easyarmy.com/BoltAction to get point values and stat blocks for every unit the game supports.  If you choose to play using points, that site will also give you the most up-to-date points, including any assorted errata.  It should also be noted, regarding the army books, that only the German one presently has a 2nd Edition, all the rest are 1st Edition, but they are fully compatible and it makes no practical difference in play except for the flamethrower and HE conversion (which is described in the 2nd Edition rulebook, and is a simple chart).  

That's pretty much everything you need to know.  If you try it out, I hope it's as much fun for you as it's been for me.

• Like 8

Ah, HR... Another round of emails is what I'll say (they didn't fix the biggest problem with the RoE's, yay!) 

On the flipside, I have a tank I can work on, a few other things, and my finger has healed enough to allow me to play Sniper Elite 4 (which hubby gifted me today) where it's only the occasional click of theouse button, so I'm calling that a win. And five more tanks in the mail - I suspect that's going to be an awkward box to handle when it comes in. 

Oh, and hubby has asked me to airbrush a few things from my old Pegasus Hobbies Platformer and Hexagon sets, so, uh, yeah, I'll gladly do that for him! Shouldn't be a problem cleaning up my airbrush tomorrow, and I get to try out new gunk, whooo! (well, cleaning fluid, but still) 

Only mystery of the universe I need to figure out is where CanadaPost is hiding my coffee, although I wouldn't mind my Game Envy Wizard racks coming in too... 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

Should I be concerned now that we are on page 666 of Randomness? :;,;:

Not at all...::P:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJbqplkBBv8

@Thoramel

Motörhead has licensed their own booze.

I think you might like the lager better when it is back in stock.

That being said, I agree with you.

I'm no beer drinker myself, if I drink I tend to go for wine or the Whisky/Rum/Vodka range...

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQYZqC8XcRI&list=OLAK5uy_nKBZ9xCKy2vxBWVFkKtrlDcw2zJP6TIws&index=6

image.png.6f9690aa976ee2704eb172501b086e9c.pngimage.png.1ce5b59456fb6bf7ab6452b71fed1a3e.pngimage.png.4da65c8383488a7f649e02d0b23f666c.pngimage.png.a4050a3f155417589400d89cae5e42f6.pngimage.png.b7af5086f808875376bfcf4541ad48d1.pngimage.png.1662371ebfed02cbe0943a2d09dca2cc.png

Drink it from one of these!

image.png.e4f97ddb202ea42314dac5fc1c736567.pngimage.png.f3e8b83530b022cb25bbba98d128748d.pngimage.png.c1dd6dcbc4fafa1ae32933753db63a92.pngimage.png.00aac38359e11393c1f3f5b57773a740.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Thoramel

When Lemmy passed away I made my own tribute, not beer but a diorama.

You may have already seen it, but if you didn't you might like it.

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69093-angel-city-diorama-by-glitterwolf-tribute-to-lemmy/&/topic/69093-angel-city-diorama-by-xherman1964-tribute-to-lemmy/?hl=%2Bangel%2B%2Bcity

Try to see if you get all the references.

I spoilered the answers.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Seer of the Pitt said:

Using hexane or butane to decarb isn't necessary but NYC Diesel probably isn't a good strain to use anyway...
I do like the idea of better branded Motorhead Brau, though. If I ever get out of The Pitt and to a legal state, I'll definitely explore it. 
https://beerandbrewing.com/brewing-with-cannabis/

That's an interesting concept from a brewing perspective. I'm not personally interested in either brewing it or consuming it. But I can see it's uses. Had a buddy pass from cancer a while back, medical cannabis is a thing around here, but the forms that are available (burnable plant material or sugary edible stuff) would have exacerbated his condition. This may have made a good alternative for symptom relief.

11 hours ago, knarthex said:

Did you tell @Glitterwolf?
He's pretty much head of the Motorhead fanclub around here...

I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news.

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Motörhead has licensed their own booze.

I think you might like the lager better when it is back in stock.

That being said, I agree with you.

I'm no beer drinker myself, if I drink I tend to go for wine or the Whisky/Rum/Vodka range...

Man, that is awful lot of awful marketing. Motorhead Chardonnay? What the... That Pint glass is pretty cool though.

Funny coincidence, when I opened that Death Machine video it played an ad for non-alcoholic beer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

On the flipside, I have a tank I can work on, a few other things, and my finger has healed enough to allow me to play Sniper Elite 4 (which hubby gifted me today) where it's only the occasional click of theouse button, so I'm calling that a win. 

@WhiteWulfe, Sniper Elite 4 is a lot of fun,  especially co-op. I love doing the sniper-spotter missions with hubby,  and the survive the waves missions with hubby and son.  

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

That's an interesting concept from a brewing perspective. I'm not personally interested in either brewing it or consuming it. But I can see it's uses. Had a buddy pass from cancer a while back, medical cannabis is a thing around here, but the forms that are available (burnable plant material or sugary edible stuff) would have exacerbated his condition. This may have made a good alternative for symptom relief.

I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news.

Man, that is awful lot of awful marketing. Motorhead Chardonnay? What the... That Pint glass is pretty cool though.

Funny coincidence, when I opened that Death Machine video it played an ad for non-alcoholic beer. 

Well, you might need to give a date something less brutal of course..

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Happy Christmas eve! 

For all you procrastinators out there, you've only got one day left to get your Christmas presents.::P:

Good thing I did that ages ago!  No, the box of tanks was for myself, hubby got a bunch of games off of his wishlist ^_^

2 hours ago, Citrine said:

@WhiteWulfe, Sniper Elite 4 is a lot of fun,  especially co-op. I love doing the sniper-spotter missions with hubby,  and the survive the waves missions with hubby and son.  

Definitely glad to hear such!  I'll probably play a few more games to get the basic hint of things, and then we may look into the co-op campaign.  I was mostly trying it out yesterday due to a) curiosity, and b) wanting to find out what my finger would let me get away with since it's been so annoyingly sensitive, almost like I sliced it pretty good a few days ago or something... Silly fickle finger!

1 hour ago, Thoramel said:

Personally, I'd just find a more brutal date.

Gotta say, I love this way of thinking!

• Like 8

This weekend, I had a squirrel wouldn't leave me alone when I was out having a smoke at my apartment. I ended up having to kick a chair to get him to back off. And then he was waiting for me on the stairs.

Last night, I had a raccoon sneak up behind me by coming out of some high grass and wouldn't leave me alone. I had to shine my light on him twice so I could get away without him following me.

Am... Am I becoming a Disney princess? :blink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 7