Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Well yesterday Lady C and I got a coupon so decided to try Burger King's Impossible Whopper, their new veggie burger. A pleasant surprise , it was a very good sandwich. I still prefer the original cow version but Lady C said she will get it again. We were laughing while we waited about how you could really cause some confusion by getting one with bacon. And then tonight Lady C made one of the best quiches she has ever made, just about a 5 star rating on that one. And we have a pan chocolate chip cookie in the oven for a going away lunch for one of the tellers from another of our banks who has been with us since we had to shut some down due to Covid. A really sweet young lady, she will definitely be missed.

• Like 14

We celebrated me surviving increment planning week by getting takeout from Perkins and eating it in a park.  I am stuffed from scrambled eggs,  bacon and hashbrowns. I had logged 47 hours this week when I quit today.   Lot of 10-12 hour days, plus I worked last weekend too. At least my team was happy with the plan after last night's edits. 

• Like 15

Huh, almost missed a buried e-mail.

Apparently they want me to keep the two days a week online format for the after school game when school starts up again - the logistics are simpler, and it costs the school less.

And since the schools are providing Galaxy tablets and twelve months of online service for the students, it will be easier for them to log on, and their presence or absence recorded. This is just another way to justify an expense that they have already accepted.

It would have been nice to be in on the meeting (I missed the e-mail, but I was invited) but I cannot fault the logic.

The Auld Grump

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Well yesterday Lady C and I got a coupon so decided to try Burger King's Impossible Whopper, their new veggie burger.

Yeah, they're not actually that bad - they sort of remind me of White Castle's steamed burgers, a bit.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Pulled out a new pile of backlog to Speedpaint 

My day is planned 

IMG_20200611_094022.jpg

Please tell me this isn't just one day's worth of work for you...

3 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Ooof. Made pork chops with butter sauce and sauteed onions. Ate too much. Was tasty :winkthumbs: Am full tho.

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

Made sesame crusted pan-seared ahi tuna steaks, assorted fresh steamed vegetables, and avocado served over brown rice, with fresh Thai spring rolls on the side. Assorted pickles and condiments as well.  I am stuffed. 

While I had a salad. it was a good salad, but... I made up for it by finishing the last 1/4 of a pint of Cherry Garcia and a beer while playing D&D.

And now time to walk the beasts.

Can't believe it's only Thursday, but already the 11th of June...

• Like 11

3 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Ooof. Made pork chops with butter sauce and sauteed onions. Ate too much. Was tasty :winkthumbs: Am full tho.

<puts on Oompah Loompah costume, starts singing as he rolls Missy over to the couch>

• Haha 12

We rescheduled D&D for tomorrow. I am at the tail end of a migraine and someone else didn't feel well either so tomorrow it is! 

Today was busy. Ran a lot of errands and took a chance and got Mexican food. I am tired and thinking about food again. I want to stay up to watch Top Chef but I dunno if I'm gonna make it.

• Like 8

22 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

THIEF!!!!

Waited for me to fall asleep, eh? I'm not surprised, I knew sooner or later the Seelie Court would step in, keep you from getting snowed on thus removing the downside of rain theft....doesn't help your efforts to assist the unicorn menace however. Sure the Summer Court might seem like they'd get along with the brutes, but only until the Centaurs learn of it. The Unseelie may hate unicorns on principal, but for the Centaurs, it's personal. Might be enough to split the Court, thus upsetting what's left of the Balance, and then the Great Pumpkin will step in, bringing Eternal Autumn*....

Interesting how the unicorns have gathered over Canada in the first place....almost as if the Canadian Space Program decided to try crossbreeding a unicorn and a moose to achieve orbit capable cavalry....

*Well maybe not so Eternal, more like a cycle of Autumn to Winter and back again, cutting out Spring and Summer entirely.

Wouldn’t that make growing the pumpkins rather difficult? Squash are not know for growing I cold, nonsunny environments :ik_oops:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

I made up for it by finishing the last 1/4 of a pint of Cherry Garcia and a beer while playing D&D.

I thought those cartons were meant to be single serving.  :)

Today I got 3 tomatoes planted at a cost of 11 mosquito bites.  Ah, summer in the midwest......  It is starting to look like something, though: 

IMG_20200611_195102879.jpg.eb5ef4b4b47efb653ab9b962bd5a3388.jpg

Tomorrow I have to kill some poison ivy that has popped up farther back in the yard.   

• Like 16

I have escaped the couch! And have a teacup full of ice cream for my troubles.

You laugh but a standard teacup contains the perfect balance between wanting ice cream and not wanting lactose intolerance issues. It's the maximum ice cream serving I can have safely without destroying any bathrooms.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Wouldn’t that make growing the pumpkins rather difficult? Squash are not know for growing I cold, nonsunny environments :ik_oops:

Once the Eternal Autumn hits, the Great Pumpkin's Might shall increase to the point where the pumpkins shall grow merely because it is His Will. Also the cycle will begin with September, so it may be that the beginning heat/sun of the cycle shall be somewhat extended and the growth of the vines sped up....I'm not sure as to all of the details, but I do know that Agamenthar Our Coffee God and His Consort, Our Lady of Tobacco, discussed the growing conditions of their Sacred Crops with the Great Pumpkin, and an accord was quickly reached on those concerns. 

But as the theme of Autumn is the harvest, the Great Pumpkin is very motivated to ensure that there is one. The part of Pezler's unicorn invasion/internal strife in the Summer Court that worries me is that Corrupted Santa has yet to be fully defeated, so the Winter portion overseen by the Unseelie Court will likely be a time of open warfare between Corrupted Santa and everyone else....

• Like 8

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

I have escaped the couch! And have a teacup full of ice cream for my troubles.

You laugh but a standard teacup contains the perfect balance between wanting ice cream and not wanting lactose intolerance issues. It's the maximum ice cream serving I can have safely without destroying any bathrooms.

Also, your average teacup has a /handle/. Oh. OH. Holy BALLS. Of icecream. OMG.

I might actually /use/ all those tiny porcelain teacups that are so dang cute.. and utterly useless, because I drink my tea in mugs, like an adult and stuff. 

But... serving dainty sundaes in TEACUPS!? Holy balls. I need an excuse to do this. It doesn't even need to be a good excuse. Thinly veiled pretense will do nicely!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Doooooo eeeeeet

Teacup ice cream parrrrrrrrty...

With little spoooooons... And colorful toppings... that match the teacup colors...

• Like 6
  • Haha 15

29 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Doooooo eeeeeet

Teacup ice cream parrrrrrrrty...

With little spoooooons... And colorful toppings... that match the teacup colors...

I sometimes makes what's known here as a Verwen Koffie ( I can't find a suitable translation, but it's like spoiling someone with a little coffee) ( Switch coffee for Tea or Cocoa if you want).

Cup of Coffee.

A tiny piece of cake/apple pie

Scoup of icecream

A little cup of whipped cream ( or eggnog or both...)

A tiny waffle or muffin

A shot of Liqueuer ( butterscotch or cherry flavour for example)

One large bonbon ( chocolate candy like this: 

image.png.a9d1cd1cfd49c9e9ecaab21b85735303.png

Restaurants in the Netherlands ( and Belgium) Serve several variatons of this as a dessert or coffee moment.

Some variations, explore and enjoy!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor verwenkoffie | Voedsel ideeën, Nagerecht ...Verwenkoffie | Overig foto van MyriamVE | Zoom.nlmijn bootje op 't water

Dorp acht - Verwenkoffie@dorpacht | FacebookEcht een verwenkoffie! - Picture of 't Marmietje, Nieuwpoort ...

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 5