Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

7kbcmwDTpA.jpeg

My wallpaper. ::):

I ship this couple.

9 hours ago, knarthex said:

just wait till 3 am Christmas morning....:poke:

She was nice tired enough to wait till after four.

Then zonked again at 5:30, hugging her new bear. A purple and blue horror from the grocery store. ::):

Bouncing back up at 8:15.

• Like 8
  • Haha 8

Happy Christmas everyone!

Spoiler

Help! I think that I and everyone else in the county have been forcibly abducted into some side realm of the Summer Court! Clear blue sky, bright sunlight and it was 60 degrees yesterday. Down to 20 now, but I don't trust it, not one bit. General vibe/smell of the air is that of early Spring, not Winter at all.

Sun is still too far South. 

I think the Weather Wizards of Menards cut a deal of some kind with the Seelie, and as a result the fools doomed us all...

Spoilered for weather related paranoia.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6
21 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Yes. Halfway through reading that, I had the same thought. Only advice I can give is to embrace it and pray you have a decent singing voice. 

Oh, and stay away from old ladies with apples, small men with spinning wheels, strange ladies with pumpkins, and other tropes. 

Guess I'll have to load up the shotgun. With cold iron. :devil:

21 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

It's either that or someone has cast Conjure Woodland Beings at your location... repeatedly.

What does it cost to get an Invisible To Scrying cast on me? <_<

12 hours ago, knarthex said:

Was it a Flying Squirrel????

Maybe one of @haldir's agents spying on you....

Nope, just a normal little (redacted).

• Like 6

Merry Christmas to one and all! 

To use a local phrase "it's blawin' a hoolie"* over here, so we're spending today safe and warm inside. Had Ferrerro Rocher and Pringles for breakfast, watched the best Christmas movie ever(no, not Die Hard**) baked yet another cake and we're now playing the Jaws board game before dinner. Hope you all are having a wonderful day.

*It's very windy and rainy 

**it's about Alan Rickman chasing the protagonist around a tower. It's more of a Harry Potter one than a Christmas, for goodness sake :p

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Merry Christmas.  The cookies were well guarded last night. 

These particular dragons are also why we don't have an elf on the self.  they are territorial, and would eat him. 

the celery was gone this morning, unclear if eaten by Santa or Reindeer, 

2020xmas.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 16
1 hour ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Happy Christmas everyone!

Hide contents

Help! I think that I and everyone else in the county have been forcibly abducted into some side realm of the Summer Court! Clear blue sky, bright sunlight and it was 60 degrees yesterday. Down to 20 now, but I don't trust it, not one bit. General vibe/smell of the air is that of early Spring, not Winter at all.

Sun is still too far South. 

I think the Weather Wizards of Menards cut a deal of some kind with the Seelie, and as a result the fools doomed us all...

Spoilered for weather related paranoia.

Most of December’s weather has been weird here too. Until this week our temps were up in the 60s. It finally snowed on Tuesday, but not enough to stick around for a white Christmas.

• Like 9

So, my MIL got Sephy (who isn’t even 2) a tablet, in the vain hope that she will stop poaching everyone else’s phones. It comes with this Kidoz app, which does direct marketing to your child. 

Um... thanks for the offer, but I’ll have to pass!

And then I’m trying to set up the Android parental controls, hoping we can use it without the kidoz thing, but freakin google wants to have an account set up for her. 

She’s not even two!!! I’m not ready for a world of predatory people to know my baby exists! Why does technology have to be so invasive!!!!!

ARGH!!!

• Like 12