Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Why do I have this feeling I'm about to embrace a different type of insanity when that box comes with several of the models having individual track links...? 

The worst part is lining up the itty bitty drift pin so you can pound it with the tiny sledgehammer.  Don't get me started on the fiddly little track jacks...

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

If you start to need pointers on 'colorful' language to use, let me know.

I have a decent collection of nice and colourful language, but I'll keep the offer in mind ^_^

54 minutes ago, kitchen_wolf said:

The worst part is lining up the itty bitty drift pin so you can pound it with the tiny sledgehammer.  Don't get me started on the fiddly little track jacks...

Most of the kits I picked up have relatively simple and easy to use jigs for assembling such, so my guess is that it will just be one of those things that takes a decent amount of time.

It's not like I'm building the Tori Factory 1:1 German Pz.kpfw. III/IV 40cm Track (Mid Type), although such would be kind of neat (albeit expensive if I wanted to model more than one or two pieces of track)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

I usually keep a small stash of wrapped baked goods and things like gloves and hats ready to give out for those situations!

Well, I have a stash/large tote of chew toys that is kept in the closet so my girls have new toys on hand to be given throughout the year, but I think the neighbors would interpret that negatively if I gave them one after they gave a tray of baked goods.

I don't even know where one gift that I found in the mailbox came from (could barely read the handwriting on the tag, looked like Zeb), but it was the most useful: handsoap.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Well, I have a stash/large tote of chew toys that is kept in the closet so my girls have new toys on hand to be given throughout the year, but I think the neighbors would interpret that negatively if I gave them one after they gave a tray of baked goods.

I don't even know where one gift that I found in the mailbox came from (could barely read the handwriting on the tag, looked like Zeb), but it was the most useful: handsoap.

My grandma got a bunch of handwritten Christmas letters from her husband's relatives. She brings them in and says, "I wish they would quit sending me these because I don't want to write back." I wish I got Christmas e-mails, never mind real letters!

• Like 7

On 12/27/2020 at 2:35 AM, Zink said:

Gremlins! I'm seeing people's lists of Christmas movies including Die Hard and Lethal Weapon but nobody adds Gremlins and it's one of my favourites.

Thanks for another movie to add to the list. There are others (I did say "included").

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

The only reason that I rail against it is that I happen to work with someone that makes "Die Hard is a Christmas movie" basically his entire personality during December :huh: If a conversation even touches on the festivities, then he'll try his darnness to shoehorn it in, it's like an obsession.

Personally, I think that if it's a film that you enjoy watching at Christmas then it qualifies. For instance, I use to watch Ghostbusters with my mum and dad when I was but a wee 'neko, so I always try to watch it at this time of year.

Totally for got to mention which film we watched on Christmas day. 

It was Gremlins :winkthumbs: imho it's the best festive film that there is.

Although I'm slightly worried that the cats loved it too. Here's hoping that they don't take too much inspiration from it....

A 'Christmas movie' that I love and Megan... mostly tolerates... is The Lion In Winter.

Peter O'Tool, Katharine Hepburn, a young Anthony Hopkins and Timothy Dalton... the Plantagenets, gathering for Christmas - what could be more in the spirit of the season?

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

It turns out that there was a gas problem, so my mom's furnace is (probably) okay. She's still going to get it serviced ASAP, just in case.

Charisma 03.jpg

Those eyes look familiar.

The woman from a  National Geographic cover, with a different hijab?

image.png.b3020474782da10054498f71ab34a621.png

The Auld Grump

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

I have a soft spot for Mickey's Christmas Carol, the old TV special one from the 80s. We taped it off of TV when I was a kid and I watched it to elf and back. I haven't seen it since I was a kid and I can still recite most of it.

For me, that is Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol - the first TV Christmas Special.

Unusual in it being a play, starring Mr. Magoo, rather than Mr. Magoo as Scrooge.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 8