Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Spent all afternoon test driving cars to see which one my daughter would like the best. Ford Focus, Hyundai Venue, Kia Forte, Mazda 3, and finally a Mitsubishi Lancer. She'd really like the Venue (brand new and blue), but it is also going to be double what her budget going into this would have been. Right now, the Lancer is the ride of possibility. Going to be at the dealership tomorrow morning to see it in the daylight.

We have had 6 Hyundais and all were excellent cars.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, redambrosia said:

“I didn’t die and I didn’t lose it and kill anyone.” 

I feel like, for this year, that’s a stellar performance review. <_<

I've implied that as much as possible, while working around the constraints of the stupid system.  Almost done or I might not make one of those though.....:wacko:

2 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I had a Hyundai Pony in 1989.  It was not a good car.  At all...

They have improved greatly since then.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

In the end, I decided that the new Hyundai was just too far out of her budget. It was an excellent deal, but double what she was planning to spend. 

It came down to a 2015 Mitsubishi Lance (no frills, but AWD and heated seats) and a 2016 Nissan Altima (leather and navigation). Went with the Altima.

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I had a Hyundai Pony in 1989.  It was not a good car.  At all...

They have improved greatly since then.

My aerospace company worked with some South Korean aircraft company to help improve their design under a gov contract. They needed to be advised a lot. Then the next year the engineers we sent were stunned at how improved they were. There are no misconceptions about how fast we could lose our mil and tech edge in my industry, and it needs to be a higher national priority.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1