Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

5 hours ago, Seer of the Pitt said:

We might just preempt the "eventual" AI singularity on that one...
Planned Harvard balloon test in Sweden stirs solar geoengineering unease- Reuters News
Looks like an initial planning stage of Operation Dark Storm ?  

The Feds and various other states can't recognize cannabis for what it truly is soon enough. :wacko:

"Ever since the dawn of time, mankind has yearned to destroy the sun. Now I shall do the next best thing and block it out!"- Mr. Burns.

As strange as this is going to sound coming from me, considering my known antipathy to the Yellow Orb That Burns and Blinds, perhaps science should think twice before following in the footsteps of a cartoon character. Don't get me wrong, personally I wouldn't mind a large dome following the sun's passage through the sky in my immediate area, bringing me shade and joy, but unleashing things into the sky willy nilly and not showing much concern about what side effects are going to come with it....yeah...

I can only conclude that vampires are behind this. Apparently 2021 has told 2020 to hold it's beer because now the Dawnguard DLC qualifies as Prophesy! Gotta admit I didn't see this coming, I was expecting the Old Ones rising, not vampires unleashing forbidden science inspired by the Simpsons, but no matter....first thing is that we must establish the Dawnguard! Then we find Auriel's Bow, or Shotgun, or whatever form it takes in this world...

Edited by Lord of the Dish Pit
  • Like 8
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

"Ever since the dawn of time, mankind has yearned to destroy the sun. Now I shall do the next best thing and block it out!"- Mr. Burns.

As strange as this is going to sound coming from me, considering my known antipathy to the Yellow Orb That Burns and Blinds, perhaps science should think twice before following in the footsteps of a cartoon character. Don't get me wrong, personally I wouldn't mind a large dome following the sun's passage through the sky in my immediate area, bringing me shade and joy, but unleashing things into the sky willy nilly and not showing much concern about what side effects are going to come with it....yeah...

I can only conclude that vampires are behind this. Apparently 2021 has told 2020 to hold it's beer because now the Dawnguard DLC qualifies as Prophesy! Gotta admit I didn't see this coming, I was expecting the Old Ones rising, not vampires unleashing forbidden science inspired by the Simpsons, but no matter....first thing is that we must establish the Dawnguard! Then we find Auriel's Bow, or Shotgun, or whatever form it takes in this world...

Or we could be entering the timeline of Vampire Hunter D. :devil:

I got some of my spending spree stuff and put most of it together, only remembering that I hadn't cleaned most of it. Oh well, I'll do it after the glue sets. It'll be awhile until I get to painting them anyway.

I was thinking about the diorama I want to make and I realized I don't have room to put it anywhere right now. It would have to be large so I might just make a 3'x3' game board and roll it into that...

• Like 9
12 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

airshark???  can one have a laser strapped to its head?  I always wanted to do that!

good luck with that!  I did too many this year although i may try to gather back a number of the dragons I did this year.

Give Alice a scritch for me... and I am so jealous of your ability to get real bagels.

Turns out it was 133 minis. It might actually be a few more, but I think those couple got sent into storage. My notes say there should be an ice toad or two at least that I can't find. Also a bunch of minis that are at least half done that I really just need to finish.

Alice appreciated the scritches.

COFFEE!!!

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 10

Last day off for me. Two weeks away from work maybe did something to my head. Had repeated dreams last night that a very specific program (that may be finished) had a person die and they needed a certified moderator, which is something I strangely do actually have at work and has been brought up before. Weird.

• Like 11
  • Confused 1
On 1/1/2021 at 9:08 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

Waiting for pizza, I told Megan what her early birthday present will be. *EDIT* Yesterday, not today - today is pot roast and Pathfinder. And our first fight with a freaking dragon. This has been sitting, unsent, on my computer for that long. We got... distracted. The order WAS sent in today.

Not even trying to keep it secret - and giving her cart blanche to tear that puppy open as soon as it lands.

Our Stimulus arrived today, and I ordered the Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K.

Hopefully it arrives before her birthday... in April....

Yeah, I'll use it too - but most of what I am making can be done by the Creality with no problem.

The Auld Grump - the least surprising surprise of unsurprising surprises, she's known for months already - all that's changed is that it has actually been ordered.

Distracted?

Is that what they are calling it these days? ::D:

I like calling it "ringing in the New Year". ::P: 

Yeah, we've known for months, the surprise was getting it just after Midnight on New Year's Eve!

The dragon fight did not go as expected. More on that later.

~~~

Grump's game, we just found out that there is an underground community of drow under our city.

Not EVIL drow, hiding drow refugees, in a shadow forest in an expanded cistern, complete with waterfall.

And the dwarves are helping them stay hidden - these are the old drow royal family, from before their EVIL Empire.

The Underfather is one of the ones SPENDING MONEY to help them hide.

I hate it when you find the big bad helping orphans.

Back before the EE the dwarves were trade partners with the drow.

Surprise, surprise Chaotic Good drider queen in charge. Hanging upside down from the ceiling. Worshiper of the Weaver, storytelling, history, and actual weaving.

Also not surprising, she's a TALKER.

The evil drow empire is collapsing, the empress tried for drider, but something went wrong. In a bad way that has NOTHING TO DO WITH US!

We're cops, not adventurers.

BD is copying the moves from Safety Dance.

Falling down one out of three jump spins.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
On 1/2/2021 at 12:19 PM, Crowley said:

Then I think I'll try pulling out all the minis I painted this past year to get a group shot.

My son did that, and posted the results to his blog on the 1st:

http://junkyardplanet.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-little-things-that-count-wrapping.html

I’ve got a log of what I’ve painted, but the results are generally too dispersed into storage boxes to be worth digging out. :rolleyes:

• Like 9

My 8-month enforced vacation comes to an end a week from tomorrow and I'm freaking out just a wee bit.

Other than the existential dread and Failure-To-Provide Syndrome I really enjoyed not having to go to work every day.

• Like 18
5 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

My 8-month enforced vacation comes to an end a week from tomorrow and I'm freaking out just a wee bit.

Other than the existential dread and Failure-To-Provide Syndrome I really enjoyed not having to go to work every day.

Congrats and condolences. March is looming for me. While I have had work, spring break will represent a full year working from home and if I had known it was going to be more than the two weeks promised, I would have made a dedicated space for myself. I am getting tired of the kitchen counter. 

I have one more Christmas ornament to reverse engineer. My grandfather made them for his grandkids and my grandmother’s 5th grade students. Figure they will do well in a holiday shop next season, so want to get them started before they are stored away. So far I have done the biplane, dune buggy, locomotive, and the marionette snowman. Have the soldier marionette left. 

Not sure they are marionettes. Pull the string and the arms and legs all move upwards. But close enough. 

• Like 11
31 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

is the new gig a mask-up go into a cube farm type of job?

I Figured it would be telecommute. 

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, TGP said:

is the new gig a mask-up go into a cube farm type of job?

I Figured it would be telecommute. 

It's working with printers, so the WFH is dependent day-by-day on what I'm working on and whether I can bring home the printer in question. 

I've managed to work from home for most of my 20+ years in the forkforce, and found it's a good idea regardless for me to go into the office for the first month or so just to get acclimated.  Yes masks.

*workforce.  The Forkforce is something else entirely, possibly a large conversion project I didn't know until just now that I needed to do.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

My son did that, and posted the results to his blog on the 1st:

http://junkyardplanet.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-little-things-that-count-wrapping.html

I’ve got a log of what I’ve painted, but the results are generally too dispersed into storage boxes to be worth digging out. :rolleyes:

This will be going up on my blog later this week.

IMG_20210102_172702.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

One wonders, @Crowley, given that you got a much larger mini last year and that he requires/came with a lot of accessories, where do you store your collection in a NYC apartment?

Granted, I probably shouldn't be too surprised, given that once-upon-a-time my sister managed to store more shoes than a Footlocker in her tiny Manhattan apartment. New Yorkers can be quite resourceful for storage.

• Like 9

Managed to snag some old figures on eBay because they were cheap, not sure about where they're all from. I know the hivemind can figure them out, and @Mad Jack probably has several of them. Some are Grenadier, and I know that the rightmost one is by Bob Olley (censored for a couple of reasons).

20210103_155626.thumb.jpg.3d321fe2638267ae8839611fab493869.jpg20210103_154956.thumb.jpg.1263ed69c3b282c7bab8c0c3902e6a2c.jpg

• Like 14