Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

23 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

I somehow had just enough ingredients to make lunch (bulgogi fries) but I ran out of hoisin, sriracha, and soy sauce at the same time. What timing!!

Never heard of bulgogi fries (had to look them up), but now I want fries. I need a break from cheesy dishes. The past four days have been lasagna, more lasagna, pizza loaf, and enchiladas.

• Like 8

That is an amazing amount of cheese, but I can understand wanting a break haha!

Oh no, I didn't mean to make y'all sad!! It was good, I had just enough for lunch and now it only takes one shopping trip! ^_^

.... Though I can admittedly be sad about the shopping trip. And no more asian foods until then....

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 10

Out in the garage, where it's nice & toasty working on a model. It's snowing right now, but I decided to look up tomorrow's weather for elves & giggles:

50 degrees & sunny.....

Sigh.

16104860873051468248462487525721.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Never heard of bulgogi fries (had to look them up), but now I want fries. I need a break from cheesy dishes. The past four days have been lasagna, more lasagna, pizza loaf, and enchiladas.

While he's out getting fries, I'll just sneak in here and raid the fridge for leftovers (haven't had lasagna or enchiladas in ages).

What? He said he was tired of it, I'm just helping out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

6 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I know its a lot to take in but I really envy you!  One of my favorite parts of a job is coming into a new company with a bunch of fresh ideas and the standard 6 month honeymoon where you are politics free.  It always feels so exciting!  I hope you got a little time to relax between ending your old job and starting your new one but I wish you the best of luck!

personally, I have never flown to a new job.  For me the transition is always easier if I take a day or 3 to get from point A to point B.  curious why you chose to fly down.  On top of everything you get to move to the area around reaper and get to spend quality time with forum friends IRL!  Good luck to you and I hope you have a great time!

Nope, same job in a new location with a bunch of new people. So, sorta the same, sorta not.

We're flying because 3+ days in a car with some unhappy cats would've been a whole new kind of hell.

Also, just in case the movers arrive on the shorter end of their travel estimate, I'd rather be there waiting on them then to have them offload my stuff to a warehouse somewhere and then try to arrange for it's delivery.

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Nope, same job in a new location with a bunch of new people. So, sorta the same, sorta not.

We're flying because 3+ days in a car with some unhappy cats would've been a whole new kind of hell.

Also, just in case the movers arrive on the shorter end of their travel estimate, I'd rather be there waiting on them then to have them offload my stuff to a warehouse somewhere and then try to arrange for it's delivery.

Makes sense.  when we move I tend to come first and live in a hotel or furnished apartment for a month to figure some stuff out and catch the movers etc.  if you have the advantage of being able to have a house to go to and have everything ready to receive, flying makes a lot more sense.

As for pets -- do the make cat valium?  they make dog valium and even parrot valium.  makes the trip much quieter, although watching a half zonked bassett have the time of his life flapping in the breeze as we drove down I64 is a moment I will treasure for all of my days.  Doggie nirvana was achieved!

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Clearman said:

FB_IMG_1610487184501.jpg.a4a4c1a7895d5a64661910ab93dd1455.jpg

Oh boy do I know that feeling! 

on the plus side I finally managed to get some grey filament and a new PINTA sensor so maybe I can continue with my current project

• Like 8

Grr. Stupid sun is back. Also noticing a vastly increased amount of traffic as well, leading me to conclude that the these things are connected. Perhaps the townsfolk have been replaced by lizard people, or have otherwise lost the ability to generate their own body heat...

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I can't do that Dave!

Hide contents

a36f8c863a961043aaff5f73f91873a1.jpg.80a9b533c537cd029d27bcc52e7480a1.jpg

Grump used that voice for The Computer when he ran Paranoia.

I am very sorry Dave.

My name's not Dave!

Are you attempting to modify my programming Dave?

So my FEMALE Troubleshooter was called Dave for the entire game!

If I ever run Paranoia I will use GLaDOS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Pizza... loaf?

That sounds like something I'd be interested in...

Tonight's dinner will be turkey and squash meatloaf and rice. Pizza loaf sounds better.

COFF- wait it's a little late for coffee.... Beer? Eh.... SPICED CIDER!

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Pizza... loaf?

That sounds like something I'd be interested in...

Tonight's dinner will be turkey and squash meatloaf and rice. Pizza loaf sounds better.

COFF- wait it's a little late for coffee.... Beer? Eh.... SPICED CIDER!

Turkey and squash meatloaf?  I do not think I would like that...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Morihalda said:

That is an amazing amount of cheese, but I can understand wanting a break haha!

1 hour ago, TripleH said:

While he's out getting fries, I'll just sneak in here and raid the fridge for leftovers (haven't had lasagna or enchiladas in ages).

The ironic thing is that tonight is still cheesy leftovers... yes, either lasagna or enchiladas. I don't mind eating leftovers, it's just cheese that many days in a row has been known to cause digestive issues.

40 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Pizza... loaf?

It's pizza with a loaf of French or Italian bread for the crust (I prefer Italian, it's a bit wider and flatter so you can fit toppings on more easily). For when you want pizza, but don't want to order, don't have a frozen one, or don't have the tools, time or energy to make your own dough. Slice the loaf of bread lengthwise, toast it in the oven just a bit so your sauce doesn't soak through, put the sauce, cheese and toppings on, then back into the oven until it's all melty and hot and voila! Just don't burn your bread.

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

>snip<

couple of things on the vortex mixers: 

• you have to have something to start with, if the paint is completely separated, you will have to manually mix them to get them started or the vortex mixer wont do anything.
  • the smaller cheaper mixers work okay but they are mainly missing the weight.  if you want to actually use one of the cheaper mixers you need some way to tie them off or they walk off the bench
  • the attachment method for the paint is important.  having to hold it can be bothersome, having the bottle shooting out in a random direction because is came loose is also a concern

Overall I have had good luck with my typhoon but when it comes right down to it, the device is just a lab vortex mixer.  If you have someone who works in a lab and can get you a used one from a closed lab or an equipment upgrade, that is the way to go!

Finally, Dr Bob is well worth supporting.  He does a great job with the refurbishment and stands behind his product.  He also does a lot to standardize the mixers, making the controls much simplier (a number of them have variable speeds or pulse timers that he removes to make the operation more robust and easier to use)

>snip<

I'd like to emphasize that the Vortex Mixer is a laboratory grade piece of equipment.

For hobbyist use it's going to be a one time/lifetime purchase, unless the unlikely event occurs of you get a unit with a defective bearing that burns out.  This isn't a fatal failure as, being laboratory grade, it's repairable.

GEM

• Like 8