Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Welp...LadyC and I decided to try out a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle. Took a couple of easy sessions and finished it up tonight. Turns out there were 499 pieces...we cannot find the last piece!

We suspect W.O.O.F. is to blame...

And here I just finished a thousand-piece puzzle.. and had a piece left over! (I had me a wtf, you betcha).

• Haha 11
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

Broke down and paid Carfax to look up my old Thunderbird that I donated back at the start of 2017. Last action on it was a week later, saying it was at a car auction. Nothing past that. Figured it went to Mexico, but doing some searching, it doesn't appear to be in their database. I'd figure the title would have been transferred at least, but nothing. Huh.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4
17 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Broke down and paid Carfax to look up my old Thunderbird that I donated back at the start of 2017. Last action on it was a week later, saying it was at a car auction. Nothing past that. Figured it went to Mexico, but doing some searching, it doesn't appear to be in their database. I'd figure the title would have been transferred at least, but nothing. Huh.

I had CHP knock on the door about a car that had been sold at least twice since I'd traded it in and the dealer had charged me to transfer title.  Seems that they don't keep up with that stuff when the vehicle enters the cash sale market.

• Like 7

You know it's got a few parts when there's a total of 17 sprues to wash...  On the flipside, it's got a plow of doom and shoots ropes that explode, so.... Looking forward to building it.

Sadly, scale model does not come with actual shooty explodey ropes.  I suspect the kit would cost a wee bit more if that were the case....  Would be fun to show off as an R/C model though...

• Like 9
7 hours ago, Morihalda said:

They're a popular appetizer at Korean restaurants, though I love them so much I learned how to make it myself. Since it's supposed to be a snack, there's usually not too much meat. When you get to make it at home..... ALL the meat you want!! Ahahaha! :bday:

Alright. I may have to give this a try.  Sounds tasty and reasonably keto friendly for my wife!

• Like 8
5 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Coincidently, we also had Korean food tonight, homemade. I've never had it in a restaurant, only ever with big name sauces purchased from the Chinese supermarket. We had tofu and beef hamburgers and a cucumber salad and a green onion salad. I liked the salads, especially with the burgers. We have lots of leftover tofu, so tomorrow we will have Szechwan tofu and eggplant. I quite enjoy eggplant, though most Westerners have no idea what to do with it. 

Better not say that in Greece.^_^

They know what to do with eggplants.

I've had some really nice dishes when on vacation there and have been making those myself since.

Yummie ....

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Welp...LadyC and I decided to try out a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle. Took a couple of easy sessions and finished it up tonight. Turns out there were 499 pieces...we cannot find the last piece!

image.png.97793b36292218de387075bc9e4364af.png

• Haha 15
4 hours ago, Corsair said:

I love jigsaw puzzles, but really haven't had space for them for years now.   

A 1000 piece puzzle is 'a nice evening',

2000 pieces is 'a good weekend'.

My 5000 piece puzzle is halfway finished and has been like that for years. 

(everything that was put together was split into chunks that fits on a A4 size piece of cardboard, then stacked with board between layers, and ziplocked. So it's realy to continue if I ever find space... )   

Or was it a 6000 pieces?    

One of the few 500piece puzzles I own. 

1364_900.jpg

Can YOU walk past that one without buying it?

• Like 10
44 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.6fe715ec7d5a0ae948309cac0b50e1dd.png

Turn right three times and you're still following instructions.... 

Just now, Gadgetman! said:

I love jigsaw puzzles, but really haven't had space for them for years now.   

A 1000 piece puzzle is 'a nice evening',

2000 pieces is 'a good weekend'.

My 5000 piece puzzle is halfway finished and has been like that for years. 

(everything that was put together was split into chunks that fits on a A4 size piece of cardboard, then stacked with board between layers, and ziplocked. So it's realy to continue if I ever find space... )   

Or was it a 6000 pieces?    

One of the few 500piece puzzles I own. 

1364_900.jpg

Can YOU walk past that one without buying it?

Yup. 

Make it a fennec aaaand.. Actually, I'd still be able to, but I'd look at it for a few seconds.  Hubby is already asking where I'll be displaying models and my answer right now is "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, shelves?" 

• Haha 8

Stuck in a meeting...   

The invite came 30 minutes before it started, and it's an 'all hands' meeting. I  bet that some of the managers are counting heads, too. 

And it's BOOOOOORING!    

Only a liberal dose of BlackBlack gum, tea and internet access is keeping me awake...    

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
2 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Stuck in a meeting...   

The invite came 30 minutes before it started, and it's an 'all hands' meeting. I  bet that some of the managers are counting heads, too. 

And it's BOOOOOORING!    

Only a liberal dose of BlackBlack gum, tea and internet access is keeping me awake...    

Ugh, I hate those.  Thankfully, as a delivery driver I have a bad habit of going "oh, sorry, nobody told me", and when they inevitable ask why I didn't check my phone, I reply with "sorry, was busy loading my vehicle" or "sorry was driving, would you like me to break the law and our own health and safety policies?"  My favourite always was "sorry, was in a secured area" because believe it or not...  We were in and out of secured areas all the time.  If you think I'm whipping a phone out at a customer where I've specifically signed paperwork stating no photos, no this, no that, I'm only answering that phone if someone rings it 3-4 times back to back and my contact tells me to...

I'll never understand why so many think an email works to get not only the attention of someone who's in a semi-noisy environment constantly, but how they also seem to think that those on the road regularly check our phones.  We only touched our phones to do the tracker stuff, which naturally we kept up as the first thing there when the lock screen is unlocked...

Here's hoping it's actually a useful meeting, and not just some blabber meeting.

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

They've brought out the 'satisfaction statistics'...   

What the heck are those? 

Is it something to do with Six Sigmas?

• Like 7