Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I've been enamored of the high country in Colorado for many decades.

Once you get the sound of the Aspens in a gentle breeze in your soul it creates a yearning that can only be slaked by regular excursions into the high country.

New Mexico is not too bad either, and I love the cuisine.

Best of both worlds then. Northern New Mexico’s Enchanted Circle has a lot of alpine regions filled with aspens. Might make it a stop for the next ReaperCon drive. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

4 deciliters is not enough coffee or tea!  my current tea mug holds 4.7 dl.  2 hour meeting demands at least 2 liters of hot beverages....  and a few donuts just to be sure I am properly wired and ready to cheer anything as long as it lets me move!

When we have the big conference gatherings, the sessions never last longer than 1 hour between breaks, so I can refill without problem. And the hotel they use have both a popcorn machine and an ice cream maker.    

For the rather longer videoconferences we have these days, well, the cup I use at the office is 4.5dl, but I also have my thermo cut since I use it while travelling from home in the morning. And the bottom drawer in the drawer unit under my desk... is full of snacks. 

• Like 9

They just announced that nobody hit all the numbers on that super huge lotto jackpot. 

So all of you looking for that winning ticket have another shot at the next draw.

Good Luck

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
  • Like 11

Who doesn't love a bit of history involving the King of Rock 'n Roll?

Today in history, in the year 1973, Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii concert is broadcast live by satellite, and sets the record for Most Watched Broadcast by an Individual Entertainer in television history.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:
14 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I had really intense pain in my side this morning and horrible nausea. I went to the ER because I thought I might have a kidney infection. Turned out to be a 6mm kidney stone. 

My kidneys hate me and have the worst timing.

See if they'll let you keep it - make a tiny D20 out of it, or have a mini holding it and casting a curse or something.

Obligitory Awkward Yeti

Screen-shot-2014-03-13-at-5.25.40-PM.png

• Haha 18

2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Who doesn't love a bit of history involving the King of Rock 'n Roll?

Today in history, in the year 1973, Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii concert is broadcast live by satellite, and sets the record for Most Watched Broadcast by an Individual Entertainer in television history.

Also, the Supremes give their last concert together in 1970.

21 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

They kinda got a fox-like look to 'em. One thing I've never liked in D&D or Pathfinder was the horned dire animal look (ex dire wolves have spine spikes, dire bears have boney "eyebrow" ridges. etc etc).

• Like 9

On 1/12/2021 at 5:18 PM, Kangaroorex said:

Turkey and squash meatloaf?  I do not think I would like that...

https://www.marthastewart.com/329031/spicy-butternut-squash-meatloaf

you might be surprised! It's really good.

On 1/13/2021 at 4:47 AM, Gadgetman! said:

It's definitely a blabber meeting. 

They've brought out the 'satisfaction statistics'...   

Uff.... that stinks. 30 minutes warning before an all hands should be reserved for actual emergency type things, like "we're letting 1/2 the staff go" not that broccoli.

21 hours ago, haldir said:

HA!!

COFFEE!!

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

Meanwhile In Finland.jpg

Looks like the side of my driveway.  I have northern exposure and have snow on the sides where it is shoveled for most of winter. Neighbor next door is completely clear and melted. I celebrate spring as being sprung when the last glacier melts from my yard. 

• Like 10

57 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Uff.... that stinks. 30 minutes warning before an all hands should be reserved for actual emergency type things, like "we're letting 1/2 the staff go" not that broccoli.

I think it was done as some sort of 'wakeup call'. 

We're supposed to be WORKING From Home(Not me, I'm on location, ripping out the guts of the network... or messing with PC... Fixing them i think it's called), so we should really be at our PCs, and read the mail practically the moment it gets there. Or on our cell-phones....    

No one should be busy in a meeting somewhere or on a business trip or anything else. (Actually, I was out the whole day on Monday... Visited two locations... )

Not that they can fire us or anything, government agency and all that. It's easier to get Trump to enlist in the Army...   

Anyway, I managed to call the two with similar jobs as I that are in other counties but weren't logged into Teams and 'available' so that we could all get a good doze of the snoozefest.   

Why is it so important for them to 'wake us up' like that?

Because the lumberyards and HW stores have NOT been closed at any time during all this, and they've been raking it in because 'everyone' who's WFH is doing some sort of renovation since they have the time...   

Some of the free time is because they don't have to spend an hour in rush traffic every morning or evening, of course. But a lot of it is time they should have spent trying to do their job. 

I mean, sure, if the renovation you're doing requires long waits between actions(painting several layers maybe) and you spend the waiting time actually working, and possibly work a bit into the evening, or not because you have done everything you can, no problem. But some places it has become a problem where paperwork shas been delayed and payments delayed even more and...    

Gourmet food is also selling like nobody's business. Instead of serving frozen pizza because you're tired after a long day and even longer commute, there may be a fish store near the post office, and they happen to have fresh cod, and then they stop by the grocery store and pick up some potatoes, green peas( for stewed peas, not a bag of freeze-dried stew that is 'ready in 5 minutes' since they're using the kitchen table as office anyway, so they can keep an eye on the stove, and the real thing does taste better... 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Also, the Supremes give their last concert together in 1970.

They kinda got a fox-like look to 'em. One thing I've never liked in D&D or Pathfinder was the horned dire animal look (ex dire wolves have spine spikes, dire bears have boney "eyebrow" ridges. etc etc).

A bit foxlike, but I'm also getting a coyote vibe from them.

• Like 7