Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Did you know that today, January 15, 1889, The Coca-Cola Company, then known as the Pemberton Medicine Company, is incorporated in Atlanta (it would officially change names in 1892)?

• Like 10

7 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

What you don't see is the sauna right off camera....

image.png.98df3e512f395f2dfad5b3e54b48e103.png

The Auld Grump - yes, Finland has a Burger King with a Sauna....

For @redambrosia @CrowleyYep, this -

image.png.3a544b197e68d21638e7ba2c64ae4d7e.png

Believe it or dot, my reaction at the time was Awwww.... :wub:

The Hamsterling loves his baths so far.

COFFEE!

• Like 11

6 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump - just finished our taxes, 

Nice.  Too bad both mine and Mrs. Wulf's employers like to run right up against that end of January deadline on the W2s....

• Sad 8

14 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Power outage this .. well, noon. 

That was amusing. It's been windy as heck out here, I'm a little surprised we haven't had more outages. It was back up by the time we got back from Groceries, but... eh. There's been a lot of that, and we don't exactly have a UPS for the well pump. ;p

And one of my street-neighbors is apparently moving out. Anybody wanna be my neighbor? ^.~

No power for an area nearly 200 km x 200 km here for 14 hours yesterday. We didn't get the snow they thought we might but some pretty wicked winds. Out at the farm I have a couple generators I can hook up but not here in town. Keep saying I need to replace the gas lines on the small one and bring it here. It should run the furnace and more importantly keep the wifi/internet up for everyone.

• Like 11

Finally finished cataloguing my minis for the third (and hopefully final) time.

Now I just have to remember to keep it updated.

• Like 12

Stabbed myself with my box cutter last night, since I use my own, it's allot sharper then the one that store gives out. Anyways, I wouldn't have noticed but there was a nice blood splatter on a box I just flattened...

I ended up going to get a band-aid for it, actually 2 as the cut was right near the edge of my fingernail. Now it's a major PitA to type & use my mouse. It's on the right hand & it's the one next to the pinky finger...sigh.

I may just yank it off, but it was a bleeder when I applied the first band-aid.

On 1/14/2021 at 12:36 AM, Green Eyed Monster said:

They just announced that nobody hit all the numbers on that super huge lotto jackpot. 

So all of you looking for that winning ticket have another shot at the next draw.

Good Luck

GEM

Got my tickets & as I've said before if I hit a big one, people that know me at RCon, will "reap" the benefits if you know what I mean.

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, haldir said:

Stabbed myself with my box cutter last night

I ended up going to get a band-aid for it

I may just yank it off, but it was a bleeder when I applied the first band-aid.

Superglue it shut? Or use some of that liquid band-aid which has an anti-septic in it. Though if you use a lot of hand-sanitizer that stuff doesn't last long.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Zink said:

No power for an area nearly 200 km x 200 km here for 14 hours yesterday. We didn't get the snow they thought we might but some pretty wicked winds. Out at the farm I have a couple generators I can hook up but not here in town. Keep saying I need to replace the gas lines on the small one and bring it here. It should run the furnace and more importantly keep the wifi/internet up for everyone.

One of the first things the Ex and I did when we bought this house was install a 15KW generator to power the well pump and furnace.
With baseboard hot water heat, did NOT need a problem!

It powers about 1/2 the house...

operates from a large LP tank, and will run for about 7 days...

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Nice.  Too bad both mine and Mrs. Wulf's employers like to run right up against that end of January deadline on the W2s....

As far as I know we haven't even figured out when tax season starts this year. You're fine.

• Like 11

10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump - just finished our taxes, Megan is already asleep.

It's going to be another month or so before I can start mine.  All depends on when work gives us our T4's.  This year is going to be weird, because I'll also have RRSP contribution slips from a few different places, and so many companies like to wait until the Feb 28 deadline to give them to you, which is annoying for those of us who like to file the day Netfile opens. 

I just hope that misfiled T4 for someone else (that was filed under hubby's name) is fully fixed by then.  Such should only be another week or two before I can initiate the last step..  I want that bill gone. 

10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump - just finished our taxes, Megan is already asleep.

It's going to be another month or so before I can start mine.  All depends on when work gives us our T4's.  This year is going to be weird, because I'll also have RRSP contribution slips from a few different places, and so many companies like to wait until the Feb 28 deadline to give them to you, which is annoying for those of us who like to file the day Netfile opens. 

I just hope that misfiled T4 for someone else (that was filed under hubby's name) is fully fixed by then.  Such should only be another week or two before I can initiate the last step..  I want that bill gone. 

• Like 6

It is snowing. Not a gentle drifting down from the clouds, but plummeting with serious purpose, a good firm packing snow ideal for building with. A nice change from the rain/ice that it has been for the most part so far this year. 

Unfortunately the Yellow Orb That Burns and Blinds has made it's way out from behind the clouds, so the Weather War begins anew....

• Like 8

3 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

As far as I know we haven't even figured out when tax season starts this year. You're fine.

I started down the path of saying it is comforting to know that I “know” someone normal at your steady paycheck source, then I stopped as I wondered if you can really be considered normal cause you do hang out here. 

That seemed wrong and slightly demeaning. 

Then I came up with the phrasing of “normal like the rest of us here” which made things all better in my head and feels better.

Edited by Pegazus
Eliminated random carriage return
  • Haha 12

Anyone notice that Japanese is hard to translate to American English.

Cause i once uploaded a model kit manual that was in Japanese and tried to have DeepL Translate to translate it, but it appeared as mostly nonsense.

• Like 6