Jump to content
Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Recommended Posts

I'm going to keep rolling with the motorcycle theme.

I just keep to post things that make me chuckle or smile because... This is going to be A Week, if you get my meaning.

1293236705498.jpg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a nfl alert today during d&d:

 

"Pits to hire Canada as OC"

 

Wow, I didn't realize their offense was THAT bad! :ik_oops:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Armor?

 

I wondered that, too.  Then I noticed it going under the horse's tissues.  Which doesn't mean it couldn't be some sort of nightmarish barding.

 

5 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

There's always green stuff.

GEM

 

I try to avoid that.  But sooner or later, I suppose the time will come.

 

6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

because the horse has eaten an entire man's torso. his head is sticking out the horse's mouth, and his ribcage is stuck in it's neck. which is kind of which is... intensely meh.

 

Is that what's going on?  That's a lot of story to work into a single mounted mini.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, strawhat said:

image.png.40f5a03553b5d1a89f9b405aedfe10ca.png

 

Why did they put rib bones in the horse's neck?

 

It's a minor thing, but it really bothers me.  I mean, I'm not a Warma-Hordes player, but I would otherwise really love that model.

 

I still (more than) kinda like it, and I'll likely pick it up...unless someone else puts out a mounted headless-horseman type.  

 

Paint it as metal?

Fused into the flesh of the undead horse to keep it from falling apart?

 

 

No horse yet, but Reaper has a Headless Footman!

https://www.reapermini.com/search/headless

 

If you have acces to a 3D printer:

 

Printed Obsession:

image.png.f9586d60cbe84aa896ee30bce0e6aff3.png

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a fun research excursion.  Fell in love with the idea of a 1:32 scale aircraft...  Until I did a brief mental calculation and realized a few things, but the biggest was it would need it's own table - an SU-27 Flanker would take up more space from nose to tail than my computer desk is deep, and it's wider than my keyboard... 

 

Dont get me wrong, that would be a gorgeous plane to have on display (if I ever finished something that monstrous!), but it also won't fit into my current airbrush booth nor the one I want to eventually get my paws on, and we don't have the desk space to shoehorn in a 30" wide airbrush booth, nor do I have the desire (or need) for something that large. 

 

Still going to keep the 1:16 scale T-72B1 idea though, because it fits on a 10-12" deep shelf!  It can't face forwards (it's about 24 7/8" long, and 8 7/8" wide), but it does fit on said shelf! 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, strawhat said:

image.png.40f5a03553b5d1a89f9b405aedfe10ca.png

 

Why did they put rib bones in the horse's neck?

 

It's a minor thing, but it really bothers me.  I mean, I'm not a Warma-Hordes player, but I would otherwise really love that model.

 

I still (more than) kinda like it, and I'll likely pick it up...unless someone else puts out a mounted headless-horseman type.  

 

I was going to point out that it's not a horse but a ride-able Frightmare.

But that doesn't explain it either, so ...I don't know.

 

(I loved the Grymkin range, it's a shame a big chunk of it came out in rather poor PVC).

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

 

 

 

So, you're all admitting that you're all really just the voices in my head?

 

 

You know what I really hate? When the voices in my head start arguing with my imaginary friends. 

 

In other news, I just did 12.5 hours work over the course of today. The downside is that I'm trashed. The upside is I get 2/3 of a week's pay as overtime plus two meal allowances.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were you aware that on this day in 2007, in response to nuclear testing conducted by North Korea, the Doomsday Clock (a symbol that represents the likelihood of a man-made global catastrophe, with midnight representing said event) was set to five minutes to midnight?

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Were you aware that on this day in 2007, in response to nuclear testing conducted by North Korea, the Doomsday Clock (a symbol that represents the likelihood of a man-made global catastrophe, with midnight representing said event) was set to five minutes to midnight?

And it's been at 100 seconds to midnight for almost a year...:zombie:

  • Like 3
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, strawhat said:

 

Is that what's going on?  That's a lot of story to work into a single mounted mini.

Just going by what I'm seeing in that one picture. Also the head in the horse's mouth has a pumpkin in his mouth, presumably to complete the turducken of why that this horse is. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2021 at 7:19 PM, Mad Jack said:

 

 Hey, I resent that.... :devil:

 

I'm definitely pretty, but I refuse to be called normal, lol.

 

Normal is just a perpendicular force vector in high school physics problems.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! Hope all are doing well, have been away for a wee bit due to real life stress. Now, back to the regular schedule of not enough sleep and WAY TOO MUCH TEA and stress. 

 

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Fused into the flesh of the undead horse to keep it from falling apart?

This is what I'm thinking it might be. Sometimes Necromancy require woodworking skills as well, so it could be a bit of garden fencing from the pumpkin patch nailed into place to ensure that the horse can swallow whatever it is that it has in it's mouth. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

And it's been at 100 seconds to midnight for almost a year...:zombie:

 

Sadly yes. Though, just for clarity, the time is assessed yearly in January, and last year's 100 seconds was based on increasing hostilities and rivalry between nuclear powers, as well as climate change. I don't think it's been reassessed yet this year, given all that has happened since last January. I imagine it could be reassessed sometime this week after some critical events happen. Hopefully we'll gain time on the clock.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

Paint it as metal?

Fused into the flesh of the undead horse to keep it from falling apart?

 

 

No horse yet, but Reaper has a Headless Footman!

https://www.reapermini.com/search/headless

 

If you have acces to a 3D printer:

 

Printed Obsession:

image.png.f9586d60cbe84aa896ee30bce0e6aff3.png

 

Painting it as some sort of metal reinforcement might work.

 

I've got a couple of the Headless Footman waiting until I finish (or get tired of) my Star Wars and Aliens minis.  I was thrilled to pick him up last Halloween!

 

No resin printer...yet.  I've been behaving myself...or at least finding other ways to misbehave.  But I'm already starting to figure out paint schemes for that rider!  A nice deep blood bay for the horse to start with...

 

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Just going by what I'm seeing in that one picture. Also the head in the horse's mouth has a pumpkin in his mouth, presumably to complete the turducken of why that this horse is. 

 

4 hours ago, aku-chan said:

I was going to point out that it's not a horse but a ride-able Frightmare.

But that doesn't explain it either, so ...I don't know.

 

(I loved the Grymkin range, it's a shame a big chunk of it came out in rather poor PVC).

 

I (eventually) saw the pumpkinhead coming out of the mouth, and wondered if it wasn't spitting out or even eating a [dreadrot].  I don't usually follow Privateer (nothing against them, it just usually works out that way), I just came across an image of the models on Tabletop Fix.

 

I've got a box of [Dreadrots] waiting for "someday," so this would be a natural fit.

Edited by strawhat
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...