Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

6 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Sadly yes. Though, just for clarity, the time is assessed yearly in January, and last year's 100 seconds was based on increasing hostilities and rivalry between nuclear powers, as well as climate change. I don't think it's been reassessed yet this year, given all that has happened since last January. I imagine it could be reassessed sometime this week after some critical events happen. Hopefully we'll gain time on the clock.

Fingers crossed.

Yummy bacon and eggs for breakfast. Hamsterling slept horribly last night. Currently trying to get him down for a nap, but I can hear him fussing.

COFFEE!!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Fingers crossed.

Yummy bacon and eggs for breakfast. Hamsterling slept horribly last night. Currently trying to get him down for a nap, but I can hear him fussing.

COFFEE!!

sympathies!  If its any consolation, in about 15 years you won't be able to drag him out of bed until after noon most days.

hope you get lots of coffee and some naps!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

I'm going to keep rolling with the motorcycle theme.

I just keep to post things that make me chuckle or smile because... This is going to be A Week, if you get my meaning.

1293236705498.jpg

I want to see pix of them riding that in those red robes...

21 minutes ago, Crowley said:

COFFEE!!

I had eggs, cheese, and salsa on a garden tortilla.

Beverage: was milk, mixed with chocolate powder, with a splash of cold brewed coffee. (No part of that beverage was anything but Cold. )

Does Hamsterlung have a stuffed Corgi to be his friend? Is he too young for a little stuffed friend?

Edited by TGP
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, TGP said:

I want to see pix of them riding that in those red robes...

I had eggs, cheese, and salsa on a garden tortilla.

Beverage: was milk, mixed with chocolate powder, with a splash of cold brewed coffee. (No part of that beverage was anything but Cold. )

Does Hamsterlung have a stuffed Corgi to be his friend? Is he too young for a little stuffed friend?

He has one, but he's too young to have it in his crib. Or even play with it. He's made it to the stage where he thwacks the dangling toys on his play pad.

Dishes done. Fresh cup of coffee poured. Time, hopefully, to write up a session report before the nap ends.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, sumbloke said:

You know what I really hate? When the voices in my head start arguing with my imaginary friends.

That's why I killed all my imaginary friends and reanimated them as zombies...

• Haha 14
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

Hello everyone! Hope all are doing well, have been away for a wee bit due to real life stress. Now, back to the regular schedule of not enough sleep and WAY TOO MUCH TEA and stress. 

Hi there!

Nice to "see" you again!

Feel free to rant or vent.

You can always PM me as well if you need a listening ear.

Hope you're alright.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Whelp, old computer is now more officially old. First, it is now moved out from the prime computer desk. Second, I tried installing Office 2010 but it won’t accept the product key. Microsoft has stopped service in October so the keys are dead. Open Office it is then. 

• Sad 8

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Whelp, old computer is now more officially old. First, it is now moved out from the prime computer desk. Second, I tried installing Office 2010 but it won’t accept the product key. Microsoft has stopped service in October so the keys are dead. Open Office it is then. 

Don't start me down that rant.  I have some hope that there will be backlash in the courts like apple got for slowing down their older units but I find the idea of not at least allowing the owners of older products to continue to use their legally purchased and operated software at their own recognizance to be thoroughly disgusting. If they want to not provide support or fix bugs, that's their right but to disable something that someone purchased just so they can sell the latest software is just wrong.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Don't start me down that rant.  I have some hope that there will be backlash in the courts like apple got for slowing down their older units but I find the idea of not at least allowing the owners of older products to continue to use their legally purchased and operated software at their own recognizance to be thoroughly disgusting. If they want to not provide support or fix bugs, that's their right but to disable something that someone purchased just so they can sell the latest software is just wrong.

Doubly so given that the whole point of buying a perpetual license is...  It continuing to work.  Won't have the features the new ones added in, but it's supposed to keep working.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, sumbloke said:

In other news, I just did 12.5 hours work over the course of today. The downside is that I'm trashed. The upside is I get 2/3 of a week's pay as overtime plus two meal allowances.

And I got a phone call about 2 hours before I was due to start work this morning. So I still haven't got into the shower yet today...

:zombie:

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

46 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

It's official: WE HAZ A HOUSE! :bday:

This is such an important occasion, I figured it warrants a picture with our ACTUAL FACES! :lol: (though this doesn't preclude my being a purple cat on the internet; prosthetics are quite good these days)

One face looks slightly less enthusiastic... :mellow:

Stick to the prosthetics for the purple cat, and don't go for CG. One thing we learned in 2019 and it's attempts to make a Cats movie, it's that CG cats over human bodies does not work.

Oh, and congratulations!

Edited by ManvsMini
forgot the congrats!
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

20210117_131354.thumb.jpg.209d613106cfbd6d932dcb7cbe195e13.jpg

This is such an important occasion, I figured it warrants a picture with our ACTUAL FACES! :lol: (though this doesn't preclude my being a purple cat on the internet; prosthetics are quite good these days)

Official moving day is likely going to be the first Saturday in February, though we'll know more once we've finished scheduling ALL THE THINGS! We're getting the bulk of the interior work done before we move all our stuff in, so we'll be getting all the walls repainted (they are currently different shades of gray, black, and green; it made sense for the previous owner's decor, but does make the rooms feel smaller), the wood floor in the living room/dining room/stairs refinished, the venting system in the attic redone, and a double handful of smaller miscellaneous stuff patched up. We're also paying a cleaning company to deep clean the kitchen and bathrooms, because after renting various places for the past 12+ years, we're tired of cleaning up other people's grime before we move into a place. :wacko:

Huzzah!!!

--OneBoot :D

Congratulations!

GEM

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah!!!

--OneBoot :D

Congratulations!!  Hope you have a great time with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg-1RdQnBzc