Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Had a rough last night and this morning. Husband had nightmares all night which let neither of us sleep well.

Woke up to a troll who commented on both my instagram and blog. (They used the same name for both so I know it was the same person.) They decided to tell me that I should learn how to paint and I had no right giving people advice. I was...not happy but did not engage. I blocked them on IG and marked the comment on my blog and spam since I couldn't figure out how to just delete it from the approval list on the blog comments.

FIL came over this morning to take away tree branches from the recent storm. I never like it when the inlaws come over, especially since FIL was exposed to covid at work. 

In other news, we're trying to binge American Gods because I didn't do it before s3 started. We're currently on last episode of s2. We'll watch that when Husband gets up from his nap and the newest 2 tonight on TV. 

Probably some other things but I have the tail end of a migraine going on and it's making thinking straight not my strong suit right now.

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

They decided to tell me that I should learn how to paint and I had no right giving people advice.

This person clearly has nothing positive in their life. You’re a great painter and you run a great blog. Don’t let one sad person get under your skin, they aren’t worth it. :hugs:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

Woke up to a troll who commented on both my instagram and blog.

Winter and the pandemic has forced the trolls to resort to lashing out from under their cyber-bridges. Ignore them. Eventually they'll get theirs from the equivalent of Eldest Gruff.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

Hello everyone! Hope all are doing well, have been away for a wee bit due to real life stress. Now, back to the regular schedule of not enough sleep and WAY TOO MUCH TEA and stress. 

Welcome back!

@OneBoot congratulations!

@SparrowMarie ignore the jerk.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

Had a rough last night and this morning. Husband had nightmares all night which let neither of us sleep well.

Woke up to a troll who commented on both my instagram and blog. (They used the same name for both so I know it was the same person.) They decided to tell me that I should learn how to paint and I had no right giving people advice. I was...not happy but did not engage. I blocked them on IG and marked the comment on my blog and spam since I couldn't figure out how to just delete it from the approval list on the blog comments.

FIL came over this morning to take away tree branches from the recent storm. I never like it when the inlaws come over, especially since FIL was exposed to covid at work. 

In other news, we're trying to binge American Gods because I didn't do it before s3 started. We're currently on last episode of s2. We'll watch that when Husband gets up from his nap and the newest 2 tonight on TV. 

Probably some other things but I have the tail end of a migraine going on and it's making thinking straight not my strong suit right now.

Yeah, elf the haters!

I've got all comments on my blog filtered for spam, but it's nice to catch that broccoli before anyone else sees it. Don't let them get you down, trolls gonna troll. You're way better than them.

34 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I tried putting anchovies on a pizza tonight. they were not bad.

Right? I feel like Michelangelo lied to me...

@OneBoot Congrats!!

I've started work on my second cardboard starship... though this one has a core of wood from a clementine box.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

On 1/16/2021 at 8:34 PM, strawhat said:

image.png.40f5a03553b5d1a89f9b405aedfe10ca.png

Why did they put rib bones in the horse's neck?

It's a minor thing, but it really bothers me.  I mean, I'm not a Warma-Hordes player, but I would otherwise really love that model.

I still (more than) kinda like it, and I'll likely pick it up...unless someone else puts out a mounted headless-horseman type.  

I choked on the 'scythe' - before noticing the horse was 'eating' somebody.

Yeah, that mini is full of Nope.

Other options -

Blue Moon -

image.png.df003b16cb4702deea619fb8550b1b9e.png

pc01.jpg

RAFM -

03859.jpg

The RAFM one comes closest to The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

The Auld Grump

• Like 10

5 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

One face looks slightly less enthusiastic... :mellow:

:lol: That really is his best "smiling for the camera" face; he doesn't like his smile for some reason (even though his regular smile is really very nice), so I have to coach him to smile for pictures. He was also super tired after working overtime all week.

We've already met a couple of the neighbors, one of whom has two very friendly doggos who made sure we knew we were adjacent to their territory. :lol: Everybody has been very friendly and welcoming, and it seems like a lovely neighborhood!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

I've started work on my second cardboard starship... though this one has a core of wood from a clementine box.

Explain to me about the cardboard starships. I am aware it is a Stargrave thing thanks to facebook. Others are building such things. But what is the purpose of them in-game?  Have details been released that I know nothing about?

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

:lol: That really is his best "smiling for the camera" face; he doesn't like his smile for some reason (even though his regular smile is really very nice), so I have to coach him to smile for pictures. He was also super tired after working overtime all week.

We've already met a couple of the neighbors, one of whom has two very friendly doggos who made sure we knew we were adjacent to their territory. :lol: Everybody has been very friendly and welcoming, and it seems like a lovely neighborhood!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Super happy for the two of you.

What are the doggos names?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:
On 1/16/2021 at 7:34 PM, strawhat said:

image.png.40f5a03553b5d1a89f9b405aedfe10ca.png

Why did they put rib bones in the horse's neck?

It's a minor thing, but it really bothers me.  I mean, I'm not a Warma-Hordes player, but I would otherwise really love that model.

I still (more than) kinda like it, and I'll likely pick it up...unless someone else puts out a mounted headless-horseman type.  

I choked on the 'scythe' - before noticing the horse was 'eating' somebody.

The Scythe does appear to be infested with an incurable case of ROIS. (Redonkulous Oversized Implement Syndrome)

I don't know if it helps but, There is such a thing as a Horseless :upside: Headsman option from Reaper Minis:

Screen_Shot_2021-01-17_at_10_18.00_PM.thumb.png.b9ddf3092c3c1c37d7f036bfe1d3049d.png

Both sculpted by Bobby Jackson; Both named Logar; different numbers; very different in stature.

2547 & 2180

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, TGP said:

Explain to me about the cardboard starships. I am aware it is a Stargrave thing thanks to facebook. Others are building such things. But what is the purpose of them in-game?  Have details been released that I know nothing about?

I forget where I read this, but I think part of the lore is something about the various warbands trying to stay one step ahead of pirate fleets. So that would explain why people are building them, although I can't say if this is going to have any in game purpose outside of scenery for certain scenarios. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TGP said:

I want to say that one of the scenarios is supposed to take place in a shuttle bay with 4 shuttles.  Not 100% sure on that, as I didn't see the original post, just people talking about it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I want to say that one of the scenarios is supposed to take place in a shuttle bay with 4 shuttles.  Not 100% sure on that, as I didn't see the original post, just people talking about it.

@Crowley do they have a specific size or shape in mind?  I have some printed fighters that are pretty easy to whip out (right now a wing, xwing and viper clones,, but more are supposed to be clming)  the shuttle package i have is pretty bic for 4 of them on a table.  Of it uses the frostgrave system it might solve a long standing space trpg problem 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I remember Mordheim had some rules/scenarios for encampments, and a ship would basically be that so it wouldn't be too difficult to rig up something similar for Stargrave, maybe having components for various upgrades for warbands/ships be based on looting tech from ruins on certain planets and such....also if small ships can be brought in as something more than static terrain pieces, that opens up the possibility of rigging up some kind of space/atmosphere level dogfighting rules...

I haven't heard or read about anything like this, just pulling ideas out of thin air, but it's interesting to think about.

Edited by Lord of the Dish Pit
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1