Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Oh boy!

I finished two more minis!

This is totally spinning out of control..I can see my unpainted collection dwindle...Or..can..I???

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/91891-vampire-lord-in-bat-form-by-glitterwolf/

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/91890-amazon-fighter-by-glitterwolf/

Nah, Just print some more and your all set.  I am sure you can keep the printer running at capacity and exceed your paint rate!  I believe in you!

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

I did! It's... oh, it's so bad, but the over acting, especially from Jeremy Irons, just makes it so fun. The CGI, which was not good when it came out, just looks painful now.

Started working on the spiders and Arachne that I pulled from the BoGW, along with 4 Reaper spiders while watching it. Coming along nicely...

IMG_20200613_210841.thumb.jpg.9898fbc64b731d31961c61d81931edfa.jpg

IMG_20200614_085902.thumb.jpg.f443ca43ce5c16e711ce1c3870368ae2.jpg

COFFEE!

Nice start on those.  My older son considered snagging her but decided on the myrmidons instead.  Glad to see it got to the painting table!

3 hours ago, strawhat said:

It was on my mind, but not something I thought to ask about and Mrs. Strawhat, who would normally think of those things, was not allowed in the ER with me due to COVID restrictions.  I've got a week or two of the meds to help "move things along" and a couple days of pain meds.

I've got a follow-up for this and the BP medication that I'm currently taking in a week or so.  So we'll see how things go.

Thank you!

you are a far more patient and tolerant man than me!  I would have demanded a lot more than a couple of days of pain meds, and I have experienced some significant pain events.  I really hope this passes quickly, but seriously, if it doesn't, go for help.  I have a friend who's kidneys look a lot like bags of marbles and she has to have regular bouts of ultra sounds to break them up. (shes also had to have removal surgery... you don't want to go there)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Nice start on those.  My older son considered snagging her but decided on the myrmidons instead.  Glad to see it got to the painting table!

She just fit in so well with all the drow I've been painting lately.

Now I'll need to stat her up for D&D... And, you know, finish painting them all.

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Crowley said:

She just fit in so well with all the drow I've been painting lately.

Now I'll need to stat her up for D&D... And, you know, finish painting them all.

Where is she originally from? Inquiring kinds want to know.

Not that I'm planning anything. :devil:

That needed a devilmoji. ::P:

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Yes well, there is that...

Yesterday I decided to trim back all those nasty edges of the yard that were trying to take over.  Today I was planning on doing some work on my lathe but my arms are giving me a very different instruction and are including threats...

• Like 9

23 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Right now they are 2 for $6 at the local BKs.

Went to BK a few weeks back - first time since the quarantine began - they had... real onion rings because their supplier had run out of the extruded pseudo onion rings they normally have.

The Auld Grump

They were YUMMY!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Where is she originally from? Inquiring kinds want to know.

Not that I'm planning anything. :devil:

That needed a devilmoji. ::P:

Mythic Battles Pantheon. :devil:

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Mythic Battles Pantheon. :devil:

Thanks!

Hmm, $15 with five spiders on evilbay. :devil:

Whoops! Accidentally hit Purchase! ::P:

• Haha 11

12 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Thanks!

They really need to make that button less sensitive, it kills more characters the way it is.

• Haha 8

13 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Thanks!

HA!! Nicely done. I'd highly recommend popping the spiders off the bases before applying the basing material.

• Like 5

Just tapped an American Stout I brewed a few weeks ago. Chocolate, roasted malt, caramel are the flavors. VERY strong - stronger than expected due to better efficiency and attenuation than predicted when I wrote the recipe. Haven't brewed this style in years. Now I'm going to mix up my home brewing hobby with my miniature hobby. Cheers!

IMG_20200614_172708547.thumb.jpg.3bde21df8db423c0e4c9fa509bc8527d.jpg

• Like 17

30 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

Just tapped an American Stout I brewed a few weeks ago. Chocolate, roasted malt, caramel are the flavors. VERY strong - stronger than expected due to better efficiency and attenuation than predicted when I wrote the recipe. Haven't brewed this style in years. Now I'm going to mix up my home brewing hobby with my miniature hobby. Cheers!

That sounds delicious.  I'm going to have to have a stout during my game tonight now.

(spoiler: I usually have stouts with my game)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:
45 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

That sounds delicious.  I'm going to have to have a stout during my game tonight now.

(spoiler: I usually have stouts with my game)

Tonight I'm having a farmhouse ale, but that does look mighty tasty!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I had to cook dinner for the Shelter tonight [as I always have to on Sunday] and the only thing on the calendar was "Pork".

But there wasn't enough to feed 19 people in the freezer.

So I went with a goulash made with pork, ground beef, corn, several types of beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato soup and a multitude of spices.

Will see about editing in a picture later.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

you are a far more patient and tolerant man than me!  I would have demanded a lot more than a couple of days of pain meds, and I have experienced some significant pain events.  I really hope this passes quickly, but seriously, if it doesn't, go for help.  I have a friend who's kidneys look a lot like bags of marbles and she has to have regular bouts of ultra sounds to break them up. (shes also had to have removal surgery... you don't want to go there)

Well, they hit me with morphine shortly after I got there, and I'm not one for heavy-duty painkillers--Unless things get ugly I won't be touching my prescription, and I think I should be past the worst (the pain is no longer reporting from the side, but further along the track, and not really causing nausea).  We'll see how things go tomorrow when I can't just take a three hour nap in the middle of the day. 

Nobody's getting any "tough guy" awards here, so it's just down to need and practicality.

The word I'm hearing is that Chuck Norris has passed six kidney stones in his life.  The mad Titan, Thanos, now wears them in a gauntlet...

• Haha 14