Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

9 hours ago, OneBoot said:

My sudden realization that I now have an entire building with which I can essentially play Minecraft has suddenly made Home Depot a very dangerous place. :lol:

The thought came to me as I was wandering around said store looking for a few different things, and seeing all the different bits that make up a house on display, including windows and doors (as well as all the associated hardware). 

MrBoot, ever the practical one, pointed out that in real life, Minecraft blocks all cost money. :rolleyes:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

just do not start randomly excavating that way lies disaster.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Poor kids.

I think Grump just Dropped The Mask on them. An accent just went from funny to dead cold, without the accent changing at all, just the inflection.

They've been played.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2021 at 9:56 AM, Chaoswolf said:

We went out driving around a little more yesterday. While we were out I saw a tank parked outside of a business (no, I don't know what kind of tank, or what the business was, I was driving, so was watching the road. I saw the tank out of the corner of my eye). Now I want a tank. My wife says 'no'.

Well

you know who can teach you to drive one....

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2021 at 10:10 PM, Zink said:

Years ago I had the chance to buy 2 bren carriers for real cheap. One was in running condition and the other for spare parts. Still regret not buying them. Then it seemed like too much money. Now not really. Hey I bet they would have worked great for checking fences in the big hills.

My cousin worked in a junkyard and had the chance to get a Bren Carrier for free, and it was even in running condition (it was doing duty as a tractor).  It needed some cosmetic work, and some bits weren't original, but it was free.  But we couldn't figure out transport for it or a place to keep it in time, and then somebody offered money for it so off it went.  

This also somewhat resembles my experience the time I found a vintage Star Wars arcade cabinet for $100, and in the time it took me to go outside and call my friend with a truck (if you bought it, you had to take it right away) and come back in, somebody else had grabbed it.  In retrospect, I could have gone with my original plan to buy it and wheel it outside by the payphone to call him and wait however long it took.  (This was in 1995)  

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

Knowledge is wisdom: today, in 1506 the first contingent of 150 Swiss Guards arrives at the Vatican, beginning the tradition of the Papal Swiss Guard.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, TripleH said:

Immediately thought of @redambrosia and @Crowley 

May be an image of text that says 'Will my kid ever let me sleep in again? *SHAKES MAGIC 8 BALL Magic 8 ball laughs hysterically before exploding and setting fire to the house.* MOMMYNEEDSVODKAY MOMMY'

He's actually been asleep for... an hour and 40 minutes at this point, though I can hear him stirring. It was enough time to have my breakfast, go to the post office and pet food store, come home, have some more coffee, and post to the forums. All in all, pretty great! Way better than his usual 40 minute daytime naps.

COFFEE!

• Like 16

RTB Pro Tips! SKU#77576 The Sphinx! 1-22-21  -- started at 11:33 AM.  Anne injured her back, and is still recovering.  She has a pre-existing back condition.  The stream may be a short one.

ETA: The stream ended around 12:00 noon.  Feel better, Anne! 

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2021 at 10:11 PM, strawhat said:

In better news, and I didn't really notice this until today, Mrs. Strawhat and I have been together for 18 years!  It doesn't feel like a day over 25...

Congrats!

• Like 8

On 1/21/2021 at 7:28 AM, Cygnwulf said:

If only shelves and windows were as easy to install in real life as they are in minecraft.....

Amen to that. At some point, we'll need to change the front door so it swings open from the right as opposed to the left (split level = tiny entryway; having the door open across the entire entryway rather than against the wall makes no sense). In Minecraft, that takes about 2 seconds. In real life, it will take significantly more time. Also, money. I'm just glad we had a bit set aside specifically for house upgrades/repairs, otherwise we'd have to try and do everything after we'd aready moved everything in. I've seen enough friends and family deal with that to not wanna do that lol. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 13