Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Your daily dose of "What Happened Today Back When":

• 1984 – Apple Computer placed the Macintosh personal computer on sale in the United States.

• 1990 – Japan launched Hiten, (1) the country's first lunar probe, (2) the first robotic lunar probe since the Soviet Union's Luna 24 in 1976, and (3) the first lunar probe launched by a country other than the Soviet Union or the United States.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Crowley said:

That is the BEST Pi plate I've ever seen!

It’s intended to be used for the annual March 14th Pi Day festivities...since I’m figuring out how to roll a crust properly,

perhaps I’ll celebrate this year. 

E360EE8C-FFAE-4E58-9674-10DEF7992F47.jpeg.e366fa427a4df27d048d2883316e6d84.jpeg

• Like 15

The vile stuff has invaded my area, gladly it's thawing already.

I expect this atrocity to be gone tomorrow.

IMG-20210124-WA0000.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Some people LIKE snow and the white wonderland it brings!

Different strokes for different folks.

• Like 8

I think I overdid it on Thursday and Friday trying to clean my house. Yesterday my lungs hurt something awful. Going back to work full time is gonna be a challenge for sure <_< 

Don’t get the covid folks, it sucks monkey balls.

• Sad 19

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

Some people LIKE snow and the white wonderland it brings!

I welcome them to come and take this stuff with them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

There's an EBay seller named razorback_pickers that has a mostly-complete Grenadier Goblin War Giant up for auction - it's supposedly only missing the crossbows and shields on the fron of the platform, but the giant, platform and goblins are all there...

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

There's an EBay seller named razorback_pickers that has a mostly-complete Grenadier Goblin War Giant up for auction - it's supposedly only missing the crossbows and shields on the fron of the platform, but the giant, platform and goblins are all there...

Be careful, Mirlinton sells the Giant these days in a new box ( I have it) and it's affordable.

Make sure that if you really want the Grenadier one, that it is the original thing that's offered and not the Mirlinton version overpriced..

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I welcome them to come and take this stuff with them.

I blame the channel 7 news team. If they are confusing weather predictions for the Netherlands with the Chicago area, then their map reading skills are even worse than I suspected. 

• Haha 10
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The vile stuff has invaded my area, gladly it's thawing already.

I expect this atrocity to be gone tomorrow.

IMG-20210124-WA0000.jpg

Careful now, that's an invasive species!  If you give it even a single chance, it will haunt you for months on end!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Instead of doing things I thought/planned last night to do today I spent it crawling around through the insides of the house, trying to find the source of a leak in the ceiling that is near the front entrance. Through upstairs access panels, under sinks, toilets, showers, crawl spaces, insulation and amongst things I don't want to know the nature of (but sadly do, as there is no mistaking rodent droppings). And still not finding the source, which is stressing the entire house out. There are many theories, some adamantly argued, yet still no evidence to prove anything.

All we know is that it is Coming From Upstairs. And is probably going to cost a chunk of money to fix. We pried off the finishing boards to find the sheetrock/drywall soaked, but only dripping in one place. No smell of mold, but at this point who knows what an inspector will find.

@OneBoot this is what you have to look forward to at some point now that you own a house (and I don't even own this, all the parents').

I could shower, scrub, and walk through an automated car-wash and I still wouldn't feel properly sanitized.

• Sad 15

Cut, nailed, and glued 20 beehive frames today. Have to wait 24 hours to run the support wire. 

Took all afternoon. Now since I have only accomplished one thing this weekend so far, I feel I haven’t done anything. 

• Like 13