Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

On 1/23/2021 at 10:28 PM, Werkrobotwerk said:

I made this kobold during today's pathfinder game

PXL_20210124_032056235~2.jpg

Any chance of getting the pattern?
My daughter loves to make plushies...

On 1/24/2021 at 6:45 PM, Pegazus said:

Cut, nailed, and glued 20 beehive frames today. Have to wait 24 hours to run the support wire. 

Took all afternoon. Now since I have only accomplished one thing this weekend so far, I feel I haven’t done anything. 

Where did you get the Apiary plans?

• Like 8
  • Replies 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, knarthex said:

Any chance of getting the pattern?
My daughter loves to make plushies...

I used this pattern, except I printed it at 66% size and added arms that were just one piece of fabric folded over with a rounded end https://dl-public.psquid.net/metroidhat_scalemate_tut_mirror/scalemate.html (not a commercial link, just a free pattern)

I also used a different kind of eyes, they are pushed through a small hole then secured on the inside of the head

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
  • Like 7

Okay, c'mon Monday! Got word today our new shed is supposed to be delivered Monday. Then I can finally get the shed stuff out of the garage and start getting it organized. Ender6 and reloading bench are ready to get set up. And also get the truck inside out of the weather, we were pleased that this garage is long enough to hold my 4 door F150.  2 sets of shelving, work bench, a cart and big cabinet to be assembled. Is there anything more frightening than the two phrases "Some assembly required" and "I'm from the government and I'm here to help"?

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 12
41 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Okay, c'mon Monday! Got word today our new shed is supposed to be delivered Monday. Then I can finally get the shed stuff out of the garage and start getting it organized. Ender6 and reloading bench are ready to get set up. And also get the truck inside out of the weather, we were pleased that this garage is long enough to hold my 4 door F150.  2 sets of shelving, work bench, a cart and big cabinet to be assembled. Is there anything more frightening than the two phrases "Some assembly required" and "I'm from the government and I'm here to help"?

"I'm from the government and I'm here to supervise the required assembly."

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

I was going to post a big long rant yesterday and just didn't get to it because I was too upset. 

The short of it is insurance company doesn't want to pay for the migraine med that my Dr wants me to take. I had 6 migraines in the last 8 days. They told me it wasn't medically necessary or proven safe and effective with the botox. Which I know isn't true because I know people who are on this combination of meds. I need to email my Dr. My MIL has offered to pay for it out of pocket. I /really/ don't want to take her up on it. Med runs about $700/shot(with coupon) and first month I need to have 2 of them. 

I'm so unbelievably frustrated with being in pain and not being able to get the treatment my Dr wants me to have. 

Anyway, not much has been going on. We've just been trying to get the house in order. Still unpacking boxes. Reworking the hobby area some. Nothing terribly exciting. Hope y'all are well. Haven't had time to read back through things yet.

• Sad 22
20 hours ago, TGP said:

I am surprised you are cleared to go back to work already. :unsure: ??

Wait, you just meant eventually?

Are you gettin’ better?

I actually returned to work last week, doing half days (mostly because Persephone was still quarantined, but it was nice to help me recuperate). This week I’m back to full time.

I can’t really see a doctor to make sure I’m all better because I don’t have insurance. So I just went back to work when they told me my quarantine was over.

9 hours ago, Crowley said:

Dear Hamsterling... you're tired. Please nap.

Never give up! Never surrender!!!

• Like 14
3 hours ago, Corsair said:

I can safely say I've never said that second one.

I don't visit people. And if I did it wouldn't be to "help" :devil:

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
10 hours ago, Crowley said:

Anyone who has ever had cats know that wouldn't be in purple.

Dear Hamsterling... you're tired. Please nap.

Did anyone give you a copy of Go the F*k to Sleep?

Best childrens book EVER! :lol:

The Samuel L. Jackson narrated version is even better.

https://youtu.be/gIegx_W1ds0

Warning, language! (Duh! ::D: )

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
On 1/24/2021 at 9:43 PM, Sylverthorne said:

Oh. And the 'Plumbing Is Complicated!' addon, which ... oh, boy, do not start me with the things that are wrong with the plumbing. 

I seem to have discovered that chapter in our particular book today. I was trying to figure out why a) the hot water was not being very hot, and b) why the temperature fluctuated between hotish, coldish, and lukewarmish. I got to make my first e-consultation with DadBoot the Plumber, and together we basically concluded that we've got some kinda Frankenstein hot water system set up, involving two hot water heaters (one of which is 20 years old and may be just a holding tank?) and far more PVC pipes than should be involved in said system (which is apparently none). Luckily, we already have a local plumber scheduled for a couple other things today, so I'll also have him assess the system and see about removing the redundant water heater (we really do not require 100 gallons of hot water). I also took a peek under the kitchen sink to figure out why the hot and cold water are reversed, and took all of 10 seconds to Nope my way out of trying to address it myself. It looks like the piping down there has acquired semi-sentience and is assimilating into an octopus made of an odd assortment of different metals. :;,;:

I'm really beginning to wonder if there's anything the handyman former owner (or owners) didn't attempt to do themselves. :blink: I've yet to find any part of this house that hasn't been previously Minecrafted by somebody.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 11
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Timeline Trivia Tuesday:

On this day in 1564 the Council of Trent established an official distinction between Roman Catholicism and Protestantism.

Also, in 1962, Ranger 3 was launched on a mission to study the Moon. The mission later fails as the space probe malfunctions and misses the moon by 22,000 miles (35,400 km).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
19 hours ago, Corsair said:

Hey the cats are gonna LOVE all the boxes!

Yes, they do; LOTS of new places to perch. They're also VERY helpful with the unpacking process, several times they've jumped into a box to verify that we have gotten everything out of it. (We haven't)

I've also had to perform several rescues of a kitty trapped in a box (we unpack a bunch and throw the empties into a pile in the corner and break them down at the end, they jump into one unnoticed and then get stuck when another gets put on top of the first).

• Like 2
  • Haha 11
5 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I also took a peek under the kitchen sink to figure out why the hot and cold water are reversed, and took all of 10 seconds to Nope my way out of trying to address it myself. It looks like the piping down there has acquired semi-sentience and is assimilating into an octopus made of an odd assortment of different metals. :;,;:

I've been supposed to deal with that for the last year in our kitchen.  I don't mind basic plumbing but I hate working under sinks.  I generally don't fit into the cupboard, at least with both shoulders, so I end my with my neck cranked at all sorts of weird angles and reaching to work above me kills my shoulder too.  Plus I usually end up dropping at least one thing that hits me in the face.  So I tend to put it off.
But the plumbing itself under a sink isn't usually too bad.  As long as there are shutoffs.  And they actually still work. You can probably ignore all that different metals stuff, the hot and cold to the faucet "should" be flex hoses...

• Like 10

@OneBoot if you replace the water heater system get a 40 gallon or larger quick recovery model with a HIGH energy efficiency rating. It will cost a little more up front [less than $100] but is a very smart investment.

@SparrowMarie  and @redambrosiapraying for you here

@Chaoswolf make sure you count all the cats before throwing the boxes out!

Lady C is fighting and winning Scrabble on her phone, I'm on the second cup of coffee [raises cup in @Crowley's direction] and getting ready to dig into the innards of a Ruger Vaquero in a minute to change the grip frame and hammer.

@Glitterwolf be safe my friend!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Figures, I have use for the Cave Spider out of the Bones Black line up this Saturday & I can't find the darn thing....How on earth do you lose a "huge" sized mini?? :lol:

Well, at least I'm not looking for the mini a couple hours before the game. I tried that with a Nolzur's carrion crawler & it didn't work out so well. Mini ended up being a Grick Alpha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11