Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Game Day & I still need to find that damn spider miniature. The last time I used it was for a game at the FLGS. Since 5e doesn't have huge spiders & I wanted to use the miniature, I ended up using some stats I found on the net. The spider was some sorta cross-breed demon thing. It had fire resistance, gave off fire damage & spit webbing that burned. This time it'll just be a hulking crab, reskinned. TBH, the hulking crab is not that bad of a monster. Decent AC, nice HPs + decent damage. Pair that with phase spiders & animated dwarf statues that attack if you get within 10 feet of them, yah it'll be interesting combat. First one of adventure too! Well, not including the one I'm gonna put in that connects last week's & this week's. That'll be ambush of a venom troll (picked up the mini yesterday) & some orcs. They'll have some backup for this, as they'll be with some dwarfs. Again, using AL adventures but not having the PCs just pop in at the beginning.

I did clear the air with that troublesome player. He seemed to take it ok, I guess we'll see. It might be time to introduce the when we start playing, you need let the table know, is it you or your character talking. Since we aren't at the store or on a time limit (so to speak), we do tend to go off-topic quite a bit (ie normal game session). I just don't want a repeat of last week. Simple dungeon crawl through a forgotten/secret passage in a dwarven keep but kinda lengthy & possibly hard combats, so things shouldn't take long today. I do get to throw a young copper dragon at them!!! Reskin of YCD, as it's a guardian in a puzzle room. It's there for the PCs to remind them to get the puzzle solved quickly or face damage. We shall see how that one pans out.

• Like 9
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Game Day & I still need to find that damn spider miniature. 

It has been found!!!!

It was turned upside down in a deep box, along with orog prepaints. I knew I had more then just 2 of the huge mace wielding ones. Now I'm remembering those were in the battle after the giant spider. I must have just chucked the contents of my travel case into that box that night. Either way, huge Reaper spider is a go! I did find missing orcs & dwarves for today as well. I needed 6 for the statues, but I needed 4 more for the traveling party the PCs will be in, along with more orcs for the ambush party (same encounter).

Great day....so far!!

• Like 15
5 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Do tell?

I Couldn't Become A Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided To Get A Job In Retail. ::P:

It seemed a fit with the whole fantasy cops thing.

Paladin and demoness, working together at a department store.

Made more embarasing by the demoness being a sweetie, but with no nudity taboo.

I can easily see a reasonable demon getting a job in the cops game.

But I also enjoy Grump's BOING! face, and there is a LOT of BOING! going on.

No hanky panky, just BOING!.

The other thing is the demoness TRUSTS the paladin.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Today, I painted!!!!

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/94533-earth-tremor-by-glitterwolf/

Also made Pork Tenderloin, Green Beans wrapped in Bacon and Potatoes from the oven in an Onion/Bacon Sauce with grated cheese..

Ben and Jerry's for desert.

And Youngest vixen made this for tonight, we'll have coffee with it.

Red Velvet Cake with Oreos and Mon Chou.

20210130_191258.jpg

• Like 17

forgot to mention I finished up the level 0 funnel for dungeon crawl classics. I have a grave digger turned warrior named fester. after crit hitting the boss of the dungeon to death with a spear toss, and watching another enemy fumble to death trying to hit him, he has become convinced he is immortal.

he also sounds like scruffy the janitor because I didn't think he'd be the one to make it to the end.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Crowley said:

BEER!!

IMG_20210130_195801.jpg

Really really good beer!

Can't quite make out the label, what is it? 

The suds are reminiscent of Guinness, is it similar?

• Like 5
Just now, Chaoswolf said:

Can't quite make out the label, what is it? 

The suds are reminiscent of Guinness, is it similar?

Far richer. Origin of Darkness, maple syrup bourbon barrel aged imperial stout with walnuts! 9% abv. Wonderful flavor, good viscosity, and a heavenly smell.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, haldir said:

So with a name such as this:

Keolinn Ni Brialinn

Would you pronounce the "Ni" as knee or n(h)igh?

I would make them pronounce it first because guessing at uncommon name pronunciations is a bad bet.

• Like 6