Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

We've been having unseasonably warm weather (not complaining). The last couple of days the bit of snow on the garage roof has thawed and the drain spout clogged so it's running down the driveway. In the evening it froze a thin sheet over half the driveway. Normally we park the third vehicle on the far side of the house in a bit of an alley on our property but the oldest has been running around with it so parked on the ice. Didn't know if was ice until I put it in park and the escape slid backwards a bit because there's a decent slope there. Ok it stopped and I got out carefully and started for the door. I started to slide so braced my feet and slide a foot or so until I barely bumped the Escape. That little tap was enough it took off down the driveway. I went with it, holding onto the hood for balance. The wife thought I was trying to keep it from rolling into the street. Laughed my broccoli off about that. It hit slush and ashpalt and stopped before going onto the street. It's a pretty long driveway. Moved it over to the other side and parked it where there was no ice after that. Gave me a good laugh at least and no harm done.

• Like 15
  • Replies 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

Booked my housemate her Covid jab.

Unfortunately, they've decided to make things awkward (like usual) by setting up our areas jab place in some large out of town business conference centre, far away from pesky little things like public transport links.

Going to be "fun" figuring out how to get home. 

• Sad 11

They're going to be closing down the way that I am currently driving to work for construction (hopefully it's road repairs...), so I'll be trying out a new way to work this morning.

• Like 3
  • Sad 6
51 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Here's a picture of trainee police dog Duer, getting ready for his career protecting the people of Scotland. I feel safer already :wub:

Any criminal will just turn himself in when looking into those eyes.

• Like 11
25 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

the snow had not stopped. there was more when I woke up.

What is this "snow" of which you speak?

There is some offensively bright ball of pain in my sky. 

• Haha 10
4 minutes ago, Inarah said:

What is this "snow" of which you speak?

There is some offensively bright ball of pain in my sky. 

I mean this. Fortunately looks like the sun is finally out and maybe the roads and sidewalks will melt a little

PXL_20210203_152142240.jpg

• Like 8
12 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

We are not taking the wizard!

I am amazed no one has done a miniature of that yet.

The Auld Grump - it's the duck boots....

I believe those are penguin boots... :lol:

3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

What Happened Wednesday:

Feb 3, 1959 - The Day the Music Died - Rock 'n roll musicians Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and J. P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson are killed in a plane crash near Clear Lake, Iowa.

No, they joined the Guild of Calamitous Intent! Lies! ::P:

But, it is a real shame we lost so much talent in one incident. :down:

6 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

We have rain here..

Any takers?

I can do without.

I've had my fill. Everywhere else has snow. I actually want snow for once. Instead, I get rainy and crazy...

1467684968837.jpg

• Haha 9