Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

2 hours ago, Inarah said:
2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Looks like todays twitch stream is having issues...

And has been cancelled today. 

What about the later shows ReaperLand / Bones V update ? Any word on those?

• Like 3
  • Replies 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, TGP said:

What about the later shows ReaperLand / Bones V update ? Any word on those?

AFAIK it was an outage at Anne's end, the rest of the programming should go on as planned. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

I really should get back to watching this. I'm somewhere in the first season. Not very far in but enjoying it a lot.

That episode is in Season 2. If your a fan of Gravity Falls, you'll love this episode. My son said Amphibia is only going to do 3 seasons. Which sucks, but also keeps it enjoyable.

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, haldir said:

That episode is in Season 2. If your a fan of Gravity Falls, you'll love this episode. My son said Amphibia is only going to do 3 seasons. Which sucks, but also keeps it enjoyable.

Love, love, LOVE Gravity Falls.

It makes me sad that a lot of these good shows are only doing a few seasons now. Like I understand they can be played out after a while but makes me sad when it ends. We're watching the new Duck Tales and there's only 3 seasons of that too. The third has yet to hit Disney+ and we're almost done with 2.

• Like 4
On 2/3/2021 at 6:39 PM, Chaoswolf said:

The blue eagle has landed.

On 2/4/2021 at 10:13 AM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Just as long as the Blue Falcon stays far away...

For those that don't know, "Blue Falcon" is a pejorative military term for "Buddy Fornicator"....

On 2/4/2021 at 2:15 PM, TripleH said:

Looks like @Froggy the Great's been hard at work. Not sure what he's trying to accomplish, but I think he was successful????

May be an image of deer and nature

It's a Jackalope Peryton!

On 2/4/2021 at 7:28 PM, Chaoswolf said:
Time for a joke:

STOP OR SLOW DOWN!?!
An Air Force (AF) Lawyer runs a stop sign on a Navy Base and gets pulled over by a Master-at-Arms aka MA.
The AF Lawyer thinks that he is smarter than the MA because he is sure that he has a better education.
He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the MA’s expense.
MA says...
"License and registration, please."
AF Lawyer says...
"What for?"
MA says,....
"You didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign sir"
AF Lawyer says...
"I slowed down, and no one was coming."
MA says....
"You still didn't come to a complete stop. License and registration, please."
AF Lawyer says...
"What's the difference?"
MA says...
"The difference is you have to come to a complete stop, that's the law. License and registration, please!"
AF Lawyer says,...
"If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my license and registration and you give me the ticket, if not you let me go and no ticket."
MA says,...
"Exit your vehicle, sir."
At this point, the MA takes out his nightstick and starts beating the ever-loving snot out of the AF lawyer and says....
"Do you want me to stop or just slow down?!"

sounds Like something @Glitterwolfneeds to tell his officers about....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Know what a big sign is that you have been married for quite a while, that your wife knows you, and that she sort of expects you to do questionable things?

When you walk into the kitchen with the removed plastic front grill of the expensive new car, and she doesn’t say anything but asks for help opening a jar. 

The car company’s solution to not designing in a front plate is to screw five screws down through the front bumper and attach a cheap plastic mount to hold the metal bracket.

Uh, no.

I have a 3D printer and scary mad design skills. It is getting a shaped plastic bracket that molds to the shape of the grill’s geometry to have a near seamless appearance. I may even put some inlets on the side to channel airflow behind the plate to reduce the drag. Dunno if there is space. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 6

Ah yes, my favorite stage of moving; the increasing numbers of "Miscellaneous from [insert name of room]" boxes as we lack the time or energy to do more than shove random stuff into boxes. :rolleyes:

After this move, MrBoot and I are agreed that we won't be moving again for a long, loooong time.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 18
8 hours ago, knarthex said:

sounds Like something @Glitterwolfneeds to tell his officers about....

I might tell some, but there are a few that I would gladly steer that way.

No no, you can slow down, no need to stop if there's no traffic...really Sir...:devil:

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I might tell some, but there are a few that I would gladly steer that way.

No no, you can slow down, no need to stop if there's no traffic...really Sir...:devil:

I've had people riding with me look at me strange when I stopped at a stop sign.  Someone actually said "but there's nobody here!" and I was all "did somebody forget about the GPS inside the dash watching us, as well as the GIANT HAPPY SMILING GUY WITH A COFFEE MUG (and conveniently placed ten digit phone number) on the side of the vehicle that's being operated?" 

Yeah, those calls go direct to the call center now, and boy do any complaints about drivers get fed up the line faaaast.  At warp speed even if there's a unit number on the side of the vehicle, also conveniently in easy to read large numbers (not quite as large as the phone number, but still legible at 20-25'). 

One piece of advice I always tell those riding along with though, especially if they're new...  If you have to run a light or stop sign for emergency services, tell your supervisor immediately.  Well, once it's safe.  That way there's a paper trail started in case a photo radar comes in, or they get a call about how you ran a light. 

I've gotten away with a number of things because of flashing emergency services lights coming up behind me at just over the speed limit..  I've even deliberately blocked traffic at a green light to let fire trucks through.  That wasn't a fun conversation with an older driver... "but it's green!" *points to fire truck coming down the road, then points to where the other six fire trucks are* "you can wait a light"...  "But it's GREEN!".  .. Was so hard to not say "sorry ma'am, our fire trucks are mostly red here in the city, with a few that are yellow or white".  Not even five seconds later, one of the fire crews already on site looked at me to make sure I knew what was going on.  First time I've gotten to see a fire truck FLY through a red light (they always slow down and stop to insure passage is clear, but when you have fire crew on the road blocking two ways and the third one being blocked by the coffee guy PLUS spotters... They apparently felt it wasn't needed.) 

Alternatively, I have actually answered someone when asked why I came to a complete stop... "Because I'm not operating an ambulance"....  I've also said "because there's a train coming" and literally as I pointed down the road the arms for the crossing started going down.  Almost like I've been across that crossing every workday for seven years at the time... 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Today's edition of Timeline Trivia:

1929 – Colin Murdoch, a New Zealand pharmacist and veterinarian, was born. He would go on to invent the tranquilizer gun, the disposable hypodermic syringe, and the child-proof medicine container. Despite holding the patents, he did not become rich from them; he never sued companies for infringement, being satisfied that his inventions were put to good use.

2018 - MvM's sweet chocolate puppy, Molly, arrived at her forever home, strutting in as if she already owned the place. ::):

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
6 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I would say I don't need to cook because I'm already hot stuff, but right now it's currently -49o C with the windchill.

So, you're NOT going to be grilling hot dogs and burgers?::P:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1