Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

The Dragon Puppets are incredible!

GEM

You mean the Lion Dancers? They always do very well and I'm sure they got very good ones to support the top level orchestra. 

5 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wnHtUx10iw

This is some great background music for an Oriental Setting.

GEM

SWMBO says it's a mix of Chinese and western instruments. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Have a good weekend, everyone!

With me cancelling the game tomorrow I may use the time & finish up that 911 GT EVO kit. Hmmmm sounds like a good way to spend a Saturday. Weather is wintry (finally) here this weekend. I wanna say by Monday is suppose to jump back into the 40s.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

You mean the Lion Dancers? They always do very well and I'm sure they got very good ones to support the top level orchestra. 

SWMBO says it's a mix of Chinese and western instruments. 

I'm hearing the same thing.

It's very pleasant to my Occidental ear.

GEM

• Like 4
22 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Bought a new hat - this one buckles under the chin....

And... I shared Space Unicorn with Mercedes Lackey - because I am evil.

The Auld Grump

wait, you shared it With Mercedes Lackey? And Larry Dixon hasn't said anything yet?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
44 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

Bob Ross vs. Me. Was definitely a learning experience. I don't hate it. Pretty happy considering it is the first time I've ever done art like this.

IMG_20210212_171702_631.thumb.jpg.53a038b65e01c6ce39ee8cc658333c93.jpg20210212_171611.thumb.jpg.890d77e7d9b7c5fcd537f912f46289a5.jpg

But are those happy little trees?

In all seriousness though, that's quite good! Better than I could ever have done.

Edited by MusicalFeline
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hmm, finding decals for Canadian squadrons seems hard enough, but for some reason its even harder when it isn't a fighter squad... 

Trying to find at least aircraft insignia for 442 and 409 (when they still had Voodoo2's).  427 wouldn't hurt as well, but..  I can find full on decal sets for various Voodoo2's, but Squadron insignia and/or patches (or whatever the word is) is really difficult. 

Or its smaller scale, and not the 1:48 I'm trying to find. Grr. 

Edit: there's logos/insignia/patches for 409 in my kit box, derp.  Would be nice to still find 442 as well though. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 6

I don't know if Canadian insignias are the same as US, but they are made to a standard dimension. Also if you can find clear pictures of the insignia you want, Testor's makes a decal paper that works very well through printers.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, haldir said:

wild-swimming-pig-on-big-260nw-492231457

Yah I'm sure we got what you guys got. Not as bad but it was a pain in the butt whenever I needed to go outside to throw empty pallets. Suppose to get more over the weekend.

That picture is fantastic. :lol:

Around here, it really varies. Downtown got a nice accumulation of snow, maybe an inch or two. Out here, on the west side where I live, was mostly freezing rain and a dusting of snow. I've heard from other folks around the area that some just got freezing rain, some got nothing but snow, but for the most part, it's a mix of both. I am not looking forward to going out for a cigarette in a while...

So, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to figure out what to do with this Green Stuff World figure case I picked up. The pluck foam trays don't have bottoms but it does have a a pair of cover things. I could glue them to the bottom of the trays and make them like the trays I used to. But, since the case opens at the half way point, I'm also thinking that I might use it for the larger minis. Ugh. I just don't know what to do. Has anyone else picked up one of these? What did you do with it?

• Like 6
5 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

wait, you shared it With Mercedes Lackey? And Larry Dixon hasn't said anything yet?

Worse, she thought that it was "beyond cute". ::P:

It's the look of disgusted disbelief on Retro Space Patrol Girl as she says Marshmallow Lasers that holds it together. ::D:

BD WUVS it!

I am sure Larry Dixon os yelling Make it stop! Make it stop!

• Haha 7

We've had light but steady white crystal glitter floating down out of the sky since early yesterday evening. It's so dry right now that it's not really sticking to anything, just sort of drifting wherever it jolly well feels like. 

Related, it's also so dry indoors that I'm pretty sure I could power a small city with the amount of static electricity I've been generating. :blink: I'm prone to it in general anyways, but the past few days I've been mildly shocking myself almost every time I touch metal. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Sad 10
2 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

We've had light but steady white crystal glitter floating down out of the sky since early yesterday evening. It's so dry right now that it's not really sticking to anything, just sort of drifting wherever it jolly well feels like. 

Related, it's also so dry indoors that I'm pretty sure I could power a small city with the amount of static electricity I've been generating. :blink: I'm prone to it in general anyways, but the past few days I've been mildly shocking myself almost every time I touch metal. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Sounds like it's time to put a big pot of water on the stove, bring it to a boil, and then just let it simmer.  Top up as needed.

Why?  So that the humidity level inside the house goes from single digits into the low double digits.  This will reduce the tendency to be a human tesla coil.

GEM

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Aye, our vaccines were canceled for the second time this week, the second time because of this weather! A lot of Texans are just too confident in this unfamiliar cold. It didn't make sense to put our lives at risk on the road to go get something that would lessen our risk from something else! So we'll go next week, and this weekend we'll be cozy next to our firepit instead, monching on chili.

Our local dragon lion dance team is also going to be dancing in one of shopping centers nearby and we can watch from our cars in the parking lot! :wub:

I'm hoping it will be a great weekend and we're working really hard to make it that way, because this week was rough.

• Like 14