Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Temperatures are getting up.

it's raining now and thawing.

Hope it will not lead to any leakage..

Yesterday youngest vixen was skating on a frozen pond, next weekend they expect temperatures between 15 and 20 Celsius.

You seem to have the very same overly optimistic weather forecasters we have...  Except ours are saying this cold snap will not only break tomorrow, but we will go from -24C (with a -31C windchill) to 4C...  As in four above zero.  The same ones that said it would be 1C yesterday... (it wasn't.  It was negative cold outside) 

~~~~

On other news, CanadaPost surprised me today by actually buzzing my suite, which is great, because it means not having to walk twenty minutes to the post office in previously mentioned negative stupidly cold weather.  Good thing too, the box with the gunpla kits was especially big... 

• Like 8
  • Replies 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The nests were about 90% white hairs from Brutus they had found in the garden.

image.png.e0f7b861bafaf865f11e237d29b80588.png

Brutus Friend of Birds !

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Yesterday youngest vixen was skating on a frozen pond, next weekend they expect temperatures between 15 and 20 Celsius.

On Frozen Streets

The day after the big horrible I-35 car wreck they had footage on the evening TV news of a guy skating on the street in front of his house. The street looked exactly like normal asphalt / pavement. No visual difference.

But the surface was actually, hard, clear ice. Only about 5mm thick. But as smooth as a skating rink. The guy was skating along, doing slow figure eights. The ice was so hard he didn't leave those grooves behind like you expect to see with normal ice.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

You seem to have the very same overly optimistic weather forecasters we have...  Except ours are saying this cold snap will not only break tomorrow, but we will go from -24C (with a -31C windchill) to 4C...  As in four above zero.  The same ones that said it would be 1C yesterday... (it wasn't.  It was negative cold outside) 

~~~~

On other news, CanadaPost surprised me today by actually buzzing my suite, which is great, because it means not having to walk twenty minutes to the post office in previously mentioned negative stupidly cold weather.  Good thing too, the box with the gunpla kits was especially big... 

Same here. It's a balmy -25 at the moment, which is better than it's been for the last 2 weeks. We were supposed to have -17 last Sunday, but the forecasters kept pushing it ahead another day every time.

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

It's a little windy here in SW Florida and the sun and 80 F can kind of take it out of you.  Where do I go to lodge my complaints?

I can think of some place. Let me see if I can find the address for ya!

As an aside, my son went to USF-Tampa this year. Transferring back to Colorado tho for next year. Being warm at Halloween was just too unnatural, and he specifically went there for both the heat and humidity, which he got with double barrels.

It is now 30F at the back porch. Started at -1F so it has warmed up a bunch. Not sure the dusting we got will melt at all tho. 

• Like 10

From Reaper Discord Miniature Monday:

Mini Painting Studio Today at 1:28 PM

No Miniature Monday today - rolling blackouts in both DFW + OKC

And so the weather wins another round against Josh's stream.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

Vancouver lost its mind over the weekend because there was snow.

I practiced biking in it, because someday I might get stuck in it on accident and didn't want to be unprepared.

Verdict? Slip like it is a car regarding types of snow (fluff, packed, slush, slush + ice), stay on like it is a bucking horse going side-to-side, and as always, go slow and steady. Brake early and gently.

• Like 12
12 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

oh yeah, Electric company is now doing controlled outages for 30 to 60 mins, in my area........

They say they are going to do it here,  too but we haven't been hit yet.  We actually turned our heat down today. It's blowing constantly, making it feel much warmer than we're used to.  And of course, I don't need it blowing on my paint table. 

Remember folks, 4 wheel drive does not equal 4 wheel braking, and when there's ice all bets are off. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

However, last night I had one that actually startled me awake. I was in an open field, armed against something, with others. Suddenly a long stringy female entity emerged into reality, snatched the woman to my right, and pulled her into a parallel dimension where we could hear her screaming as the entity ate her skin. The creature was called the White Rabbit because of the long ears. Scared the hell out of me. 

Okay, that sounds kinda awesome. Might have to stat it up for D&D...

Took the Hamsterling and the Corgi out for a walk. It's drizzling, so it wasn't really pleasant. Home now with a nutella pita and some COFFEE!

• Like 10

We had blue skies (WTH?) earlier but now they are more or a bright grey. I've been listening to the ice come off the roof, some of it has been huge chunks too. I'm glad Thumper came inside when she did. Gotta love the weather, I kinda figured it was going to do it, but shoveled the driveway like I said when I got home & now that it's gotten warmer & the white crap is melting, I'm sure it free of whatever snow I didn't get off it.

Yes, no sleep, I kinda hate this time/phase of my sleeping habits. I have been browsing some adventure stuff, as that new adventure I bought is for levels 1 & 3, so I've got up the difficulty for them (lesser water elementals now a water elemental, giant ants now ankhegs, etc etc). It's been kinda fun as it's been awhile since I've made the encounters completely mine. The 2nd half of that adventure (the 3rd level part) so far has been unchanged, other then I may just up HPs (wraith, good for 3rd & 5th level PCs for example). They do fight a intelligent weapon (a halberd) & that might be a 1 on 1 depending on how the PCs enter the room it's in. The door shuts behind them & my players tend to leave people in hallways. Gonna be an interesting fight: halberd fights on it's own; statues in the room fire off moonbeam rays at random PCs & top it off, the room has a reverse gravity effect. Depending on what color of square a PC is standing on. (floors/ceiling has a checkerboard pattern to it).

Oh & here is something I stumbled upon:

https://pin.it/5v0GfnO

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

When the snow is coming down so hard you feel like this:

Hide contents

gandalf-snowstorm.jpg.bfbc5a45f390fc40e41fb325845dc889.jpg

You know there's only one person to blame:

Hide contents

saruman.jpg.5f295f5056d233d00cfb2b9dc4c896b0.jpg

Looks like we're going through the mines of Moria after all.

There is always this guy to blame too:

Spoiler

Screen+Shot+2018-02-18+at+2.51.15+PM.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 14