Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yes, I'm from the Northeast and know how to drive in this mess, but I saw enough other people slipping and sliding all over the place when I went out for supplies yesterday that I don't think I'm going to chance it.

Sometimes the smartest thing is knowing not to try!

25 minutes ago, kitchen_wolf said:

Image result for why is the rum always gone? -pinterest

Cause @Chaoswolf is off of work. Or isn't off of work. Really, just @Chaoswolf is always the answer.

The boy has taken 2 hour+ long naps so far today... in fact he's still asleep! Currently waiting for him to wake up and/or the rice to finish so I can have lunch. I forgot to make it earlier.

Watched Princess and the Frog last night. Cute movie. Not one of Disney's best, but definitely not the worst.

• Like 7
  • Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Not even.

Sven survived with a Close Call, losing his sword.

Hopefully Sven gets better rolls next time, not knocked into the water.

The water was neat, the more figures in the water the more likely the lake monster shows up and starts eating.

Zombies counted as two models.

Fishing village, everyone gone, rats, wolves, zombies, and seagulls.

And the lake monster who just took bites out of a random figure in the water.

If anyone has dealt with Sven, they find that the experience leaves a bad taste in their mouth. ::P:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Well, more snow last night, another 2-3 inches. Still snowing and in the teens temp wise. Friday it is supposed to get warm enough to start melting and by Monday in the 50s.

Anyone else here ever build a new character because you found a mini you wanted to use?

• Like 13
41 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Anyone else here ever build a new character because you found a mini you wanted to use?

Yep!  My current character is a Tabaxi rogue.  I bought the fig first.  Then realized I need the book for the rules for Tabaxi,  then finally made the character.  Turned out to be a fun character too, I'll just throw cat logic at our GM every so often, and use "kitten eyes" to explain my exceptional persuasion rolls....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Oh yeah... Heck, I've stated monsters just cause I wanted to use a mini!

• Like 10
2 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

It’s a balmy 32° here! Time to get out the bikinis!

(For other folks, no one wants to see me in one of those :rolleyes: )

Well we know that your hubby does, otherwise we wouldn't have Sephy to adore!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Remember that ceiling drip I complained about a month ago? It's back. I'm inclined to think it's coming from the roof now. The sun was out long enough today to melt some snow (though we're still well below freezing temp), and voila, now the drip is back after not dripping once for three weeks or so. Though it didn't do this a few days ago when the sun melted some as well. Grrrrr.

Never got the chance to have anything looked at; wicked ice and snow the night before the inspector was coming to take a look, couldn't risk him falling. And all that crud is still here, plus interest. Supposedly more coming tonight too, so got to just wait it out for now. If it is the roof, insurance might have it covered.

I'm ready to just move to Hawaii.

• Sad 11
6 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I was wondering when someone was going to playfully blame ChaosWolf...  Also, don't check the alcohol cabinet, we can confirm from here the rum is already gone.... ^_^

I had to stay warm somehow!*

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

How are our friends from Texas doing with the blackouts?

Hope everyone is safe and warm

The numbers are going down, but there are still A LOT of people without power.

*PSA---Don't actually do this, drinking alcohol actually LOWERS your core body temperature.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Alas, the modern world continues to leave me behind.

Fancied a takeaway for dinner, but nothing from the usual delivery company grabbed me, so I had a look at what different restaurants their rivals delivered, found something nice and... Couldn't make an account, both rival companies required me to have a mobile phone number.

In the end I settled for making a couple ham and cheese toasties.

• Sad 8
8 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Probably the safest bet. You may know how to drive on this nonsense, but for the majority of drivers in this part of the world, not so much

Hell, it's just as bad up here now - winter driving is becoming a lost skill even in the Northeast. We haven't had enough snow the past five or six years to force people to learn to drive in it correctly, and everybody with 4WD thinks they're invincible...  :zombie:

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

At least seven times that I can think of just off the top of my head. I also statted out a new weapon once to match the blade a figure was carrying, and created a whole new race because I thought to myself, y'know, that guy would look really cool with a tail...

• Like 9

... the lead villain in my on-going campaign exists because I accidentally painted a necromancer who looked like the former FLOTUS. May have ended up with a necromancer villain anyway, but now she's named Melody and she's very vain. Apologies if that got beekeeperish. But the face of the figure looked just like the other Mel....

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

... the lead villain in my on-going campaign exists because I accidentally painted a necromancer who looked like the former FLOTUS. May have ended up with a necromancer villain anyway, but now she's named Melody and she's very vain. Apologies if that got beekeeperish. But the face of the figure looked just like the other Mel....

IMNSHO, anyone who thinks that is "beekeeperish" needs to dial back their hypersensitivity.

You are referencing a public figure.

The fact that that public figure may be better known in the political sphere than elsewhere should be irrelevant, as there is no political content in the reference.

GEM

• Like 8