Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

3 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

We have power, water, and cell service again. Been out for days. Hope it stays for the second hit this weekend. I kept our freezer food safe by putting bags of snow in there.

I'm so exhausted, there have been too many bad weeks in a row without any recovery time.

Rumbeard Trading Co has sent out messages to every open order letting them know we'll be a couple days late on orders.

So tired. I need warm sleep.

Lays down before the hearthfire, shoves the druid against his side and covers her with his tail.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Loim said:

We don't frequently have severe weather events in Arkansas like this, but they aren't exactly uncommon either. Enough of my friends and family still possess the mechanisms to cope with this sort of incident that I'm not worried for any of them. I am however worried for those who have lost those skillsets. 

Wood heat isn't just a pretty thing to do on a crappy evening (though it is that) in a pinch a fireplace or a wood stove not only serves as heat but can also be utilized for meal prep. People also sometimes give me a hard time that I keep three gallon jars of drinkable water full at all times and stored. 

I hope you are all safe and warm. It looks like we're coming to the end of the bad here, it was a balmy 26 degrees this morning when I got up, which is much preferred to the six below it was not many days ago.

Where are you in Arkansas? We just moved to Heber Springs.

• Like 9

One of the things I hate about living in NYC is the lack of storage space. Most of the time this comes up in context of not having space for my library, or to have access to all my hobby stuff, but another aspect of it is the inability to store anything even approaching a significant amount of food and water for emergencies. There was a point back in Baltimore that I had supplies to last... 2 months, easy. Now? A week? Maybe 2. But no fireplace or firepit or grill. None of my camping supplies....

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I ended up just going to bed after a while last night, I just wasn't up to much. I was/am so mad...

But now I'm getting my resume put together on Indeed. Finally. :ph34r:

Today's Picture:

442142777_CyberpunkDystopias.thumb.jpg.710f6d55ad7abd9c8f3121b5d0b84516.jpg

EDIT: I just saw a job posting which had "Paid on time" under the benefits section. That was it. Nothing else. You see why I picked that picture? <_<

Edited by CaptainPete
  • Like 5
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, aku-chan said:

I'll have to give that a try next time this sort of thing comes up. Wouldn't have helped last night though, the sign-up pages wouldn't even accept a landline number (I'm guessing mobile phone ones are longer?).

Unrelated, why do we feel compelled to argue about stuff on the Internet, we all know it's utterly pointless but we can't seem to stop from trying anyways.

As a general rule of thumb, at least for the more urbanized areas of the country, the mobile numbers are on different exchanges from the landlines.

It's an easy lookup on a pre-prepared table for a computer as part of the validation process for the account.

GEM

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

One of the things I hate about living in NYC is the lack of storage space. Most of the time this comes up in context of not having space for my library, or to have access to all my hobby stuff, but another aspect of it is the inability to store anything even approaching a significant amount of food and water for emergencies. There was a point back in Baltimore that I had supplies to last... 2 months, easy. Now? A week? Maybe 2. But no fireplace or firepit or grill. None of my camping supplies....

Same in Vancouver. When we were in Colorado, we were in a house. Had space for Stuff. Here? It took some work to clear a closet to have a stash of winter squash, flour, pasta.... etc for minor pandemic prep (hey, even if grocery stores are stable now, if anyone gets sick and needs to isolate, we need food for a while).

27 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

And now I’m being sued.

Say what?! That stinks a lot. Why? :(

• Like 7

Acquisition today at Home Depot of all places:

(1.25 readers)

I'm attempting to use these vs my mag visor. I don't mind using that i just need something I might use everyday. 

So far, so good with the hobby stuff!

16136754886387031854067116883809.jpg

• Like 15

@Corsair I'm currently in Fort Smith, but most of my family are in the north central part of the state. I was just up in your neck of the woods last October. A couple of friends and I rented a cabin up there to hang out for a weekend. 

I also currently live in a tiny tiny apartment, and as things stand right now on Pandemic footing I've actually got stuff stacked in the floor in front of the closet for storage. I realize this isn't ideal, and wouldn't work for everyone, but I live alone, so who is going to complain?

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, haldir said:

Acquisition today at Home Depot of all places:

(1.25 readers)

I'm attempting to use these vs my mag visor. I don't mind using that i just need something I might use everyday. 

So far, so good with the hobby stuff!

16136754886387031854067116883809.jpg

That can not be you... It looks nothing like your avatar....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

29 minutes ago, Loim said:

I also currently live in a tiny tiny apartment, and as things stand right now on Pandemic footing I've actually got stuff stacked in the floor in front of the closet for storage. I realize this isn't ideal, and wouldn't work for everyone, but I live alone, so who is going to complain?

When I lived alone I complained about my roommate all the time.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7