Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

3 hours ago, aku-chan said:

I'll have to give that a try next time this sort of thing comes up. Wouldn't have helped last night though, the sign-up pages wouldn't even accept a landline number (I'm guessing mobile phone ones are longer?).

Unrelated, why do we feel compelled to argue about stuff on the Internet, we all know it's utterly pointless but we can't seem to stop from trying anyways.

As a general rule of thumb, at least for the more urbanized areas of the country, the mobile numbers are on different exchanges from the landlines.

It's an easy lookup on a pre-prepared table for a computer as part of the validation process for the account.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

One of the things I hate about living in NYC is the lack of storage space. Most of the time this comes up in context of not having space for my library, or to have access to all my hobby stuff, but another aspect of it is the inability to store anything even approaching a significant amount of food and water for emergencies. There was a point back in Baltimore that I had supplies to last... 2 months, easy. Now? A week? Maybe 2. But no fireplace or firepit or grill. None of my camping supplies....

Same in Vancouver. When we were in Colorado, we were in a house. Had space for Stuff. Here? It took some work to clear a closet to have a stash of winter squash, flour, pasta.... etc for minor pandemic prep (hey, even if grocery stores are stable now, if anyone gets sick and needs to isolate, we need food for a while).

27 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

And now I’m being sued.

Say what?! That stinks a lot. Why? :(

• Like 7

Acquisition today at Home Depot of all places:

(1.25 readers)

I'm attempting to use these vs my mag visor. I don't mind using that i just need something I might use everyday. 

So far, so good with the hobby stuff!

16136754886387031854067116883809.jpg

• Like 15

@Corsair I'm currently in Fort Smith, but most of my family are in the north central part of the state. I was just up in your neck of the woods last October. A couple of friends and I rented a cabin up there to hang out for a weekend. 

I also currently live in a tiny tiny apartment, and as things stand right now on Pandemic footing I've actually got stuff stacked in the floor in front of the closet for storage. I realize this isn't ideal, and wouldn't work for everyone, but I live alone, so who is going to complain?

• Like 11
26 minutes ago, haldir said:

(1.25 readers)

I'm attempting to use these vs my mag visor. I don't mind using that i just need something I might use everyday. 

So far, so good with the hobby stuff!

16136754886387031854067116883809.jpg

That can not be you... It looks nothing like your avatar....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13
29 minutes ago, Loim said:

I also currently live in a tiny tiny apartment, and as things stand right now on Pandemic footing I've actually got stuff stacked in the floor in front of the closet for storage. I realize this isn't ideal, and wouldn't work for everyone, but I live alone, so who is going to complain?

When I lived alone I complained about my roommate all the time.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7
6 hours ago, haldir said:
13 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

... *grumble* Want. A game. I miss the Saturday game. 

Anybody planning to start one? I can get you two players for PF1, no problem. >.>

The commute might be a pain, but hey I'm sure I can round up some people here to make a group.....

I would cheerfully settle for a remote game, via virtual tabletop (provided it's not roll20, which.. no). 

This was actually prompted not so much by me getting blind-sided by a character, but by Andi running something past me and me thinking, 'damn. They would be fun to be in a group with'. .. okay, so, yes, blind-sided by a character. Just, for once, not one of mine. ^^;

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Say what?! That stinks a lot. Why? :(

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

???

For what?

For a debt I haven’t been able to pay on :down:  Hubby called them and we’re going to try to work something out without going to court. It’s a good thing he called, all I would have done is cry on them today. 

It’s been a difficult year.

9CA13F40-212F-4911-89C4-8086431811AD.jpeg.45250a8bff9e73bb8f74c041f42a7942.jpeg

• Sad 26
8 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

For a debt I haven’t been able to pay on :down:  Hubby called them and we’re going to try to work something out without going to court. It’s a good thing he called, all I would have done is cry on them today. 

It’s been a difficult year.

I hope you guys can work things out.

Show that you're willing to pay something monthly, even a little a month is better than going to court, I suspect the creditor will feel the same.

I'm crossing my fingers for you.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

Hell, it looks nothing like @haldir in person either.

It’s very likely it is Evil Haldir, as part of the incursion of that Star Trek alternate universe. 

Whether this makes him the evil evil-counterpart or an actually good evil-counterpart, I will leave up for debate. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13
1 hour ago, haldir said:

(1.25 readers)

I got a pair just like that except mine are like 4.0.  Ugly as sin but they work. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Kane said:

Yeah, the real Haldir would be in a squirrel suit.....

• Like 4
  • Haha 11