Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

... No wonder I couldn't find my wet palette earlier today when I went looking to find the safe spot I'd put it in... 

It was in an extra safe spot, under an old amd socket something motherboard, UNDER esd bubble wrap.  No wonder it was so well and securely hidden! 

Fun part is going to be setting it up tomorrow, wheee...  Well, after I pick up distilled water, since the water from our tap, while great for plants, is downright terrible for painting, especially in the spring. 

• Like 8

Just spent WAY too much time playing City of Heroes with Megan

New character for Megan - her level 30 character would not have a fun time paddling around with my 1st level character. (Now level 8.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Today is the anniversary of a historic event that is the direct lineal ancestor of the Internet we use today.

It is the inauguration of the first Commercial Telegraph Line, between Washington D.C. and Baltimore, Maryland.

Inventor Samuel F.B. Morse  initiated service with the message "What Hath God Wrought?" [Numbers 23:23], sent from D.C. to Baltimore, over the Congressionally Sponsored Line.

GEM

I culled it in an earlier round, but I used to have a book called The Victorian Internet, on the rise of the telegraph system and some of the parallels with the early Internet era.

• Like 5

Morning all!

Happy Towel Day!

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Monday I don't have to work!

COFFEE!!

• Like 9

The sun has risen, and the optimism I held for the landscape surrounding me in the darkness is vanquished by its light.

I'm gonna have to assemble all that shelving I bought, dismantle the brick-and-board apparatus and figure out what to do with the parts, and look good doing it. It's impossible. ::(:

ETA: kinda thinking about getting wild and buying table legs and turning a couple the boards into a table, but that seems like it'll be a janky waste tbh.

• Like 8

Waffles for breakfast!

3 blog posts written, dishes washed... productive morning so far!

Balticon short film fest in 2 hours... Hmm... to paint, play Civ6, or blog more...

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Marvin said:

The sun has risen, and the optimism I held for the landscape surrounding me in the darkness is vanquished by its light.

I'm gonna have to assemble all that shelving I bought, dismantle the brick-and-board apparatus and figure out what to do with the parts, and look good doing it. It's impossible. ::(:

ETA: kinda thinking about getting wild and buying table legs and turning a couple the boards into a table, but that seems like it'll be a janky waste tbh.

Depends on the board.  A little stain and that sort of thing makes a real nice sideboard

13 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Waffles for breakfast!

3 blog posts written, dishes washed... productive morning so far!

Balticon short film fest in 2 hours... Hmm... to paint, play Civ6, or blog more...

What on the agenda for the film fest?

• Like 6

Oooooh, my Chef's Plate order came in.  Looking forward to trying this out, but uhm...  Don't be like a fox and get a decent amount of meat, then do a large grocery order on the weekend, and on top of that order four meals through Chef's Plate, and own just an apartment sized fridge.  You have to get really REALLY creative for making it all fit.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

This was harder than I expected:

Anti-Depressant or Tolkien

17 out of 24...I outfoxed myself on three or four near the end.

Not bad for a guy without a lot of experience with either.  I mean, I've read the LotR and Hobbit, but I don't go diving into The Lore to find out who was the nanny to the third king of Gondor's second-cousin on his father's side.

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oooooh, my Chef's Plate order came in.  Looking forward to trying this out, but uhm...  Don't be like a fox and get a decent amount of meat, then do a large grocery order on the weekend, and on top of that order four meals through Chef's Plate, and own just an apartment sized fridge.  You have to get really REALLY creative for making it all fit.

Tetris is life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7

So, the container filled with rocks is gone.

The driver was a bit angry with the guy who had placed it, at first he didn't want to drive to it because he found that certain trees were too low and might damage his truck.

I told him the guy who placed it there had driven carefully and that these branches he was afraid of were still young and subtle.

He muttered but he took the container away.

**phew**

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Tetris is life.

Indeed.  So is a slightly earlier than planned lunch, because that'll help with the space problem the most! :P

Next time though I'm only ordering three meals in the box, partially due to space, but also mainly just because, well, cost is one, but we also want to keep doing what we've been doing - Chef's Plate is more to try out things we like the sound of, but normally wouldn't even remotely consider making.

• Like 8

Huh. Well, the Red Cross just emailed me my blood type, and I was a bit surprised at the result, since it's one of the high-demand ones.

I then realized that this means that they are probably going to call me every two months for the rest of forever asking me to donate. :lol: :wacko:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 11