Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

4 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Going to be offline for a few hours, dropping my interNET. When you see me again, I will have gone infiNET.

(Zink will most likely know what I'm talking about)

Too high tech for down here. Ours is pretty slow for current standards but beats what I'm used to on the farm. 

• Like 7
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

Just read an article on the stages of marriage.

Honeymoon stage, where everything is rose colored glasses. First few years.

Bickering stage, where you start to find faults you didn't notice before, about five to maybe ten or fifteen years in.

Then quiet partnership, now that you know each other, and are willing to give each other room.

Somehow I think Grump and me skipped both of the first two stages, and slid right into quiet domesticity. No mad passionate romance, but our bickering is mostly about rules for games.

It helps that each of us knows how to blast the other out of our funks. I shoved him into the after school game, and he dropped a 3D printer on me. We were both right!

We also both made damned sure we knew each others faults. Grump tried to scare me off with his! ::P: I'm so mean and nasty! Grrr! Would you like another pork chop? :lol:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
45 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Just a guess, it sounds like you have a corroded main battery cable/terminal that is intermittently disconnecting all electrical power to the vehicle.

GEM

Best of luck with the troubleshooting/repair.

Addendum:  It's an extremely rare occurrence but you might  have a battery with a warped plate.    If that is the case the warped plate can intermittently cause an internal short circuit when the plate makes contact with the adjacent plate.  A load test will often reveal the presence of such a defect.

I believe my battery is in pretty decent shape, but I'll check it first.  

It started on the first try when I took it out of the garage...   

My own guess is the starter leads. It's not that long since I had this pile of parts apart to swap the clutch, and the starter is one of the parts that has to be removed...   (well, I didn't remove it, I just unbolted it and pulled it from the gap in the bell housing and left it dangling along the side of the motor while I used blunt force and ignorance to remove the driveshafts and gearbox...  Doing a clutc swap on a FWD car with transverse engine is not a fun job)

• Like 6

Deep Thoughts (that aren't really relevant 2021) by MvM:

Shania Twain's song "That Don't Impress Me Much" from 1997 had the lyrics "Ok, so you're Brad Pitt... That don't impress me much."

I wonder how that made Brad Pitt feel.

This has been a Deep Thought (that isn't really relevant in 2021) brought to you by MvM. Think deeply, my friends.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13
1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Just read an article on the stages of marriage.

Bickering stage, where you start to find faults you didn't notice before, about five to maybe ten or fifteen years in.

Then quiet partnership, now that you know each other, and are willing to give each other room.

Somehow I think Grump and me skipped both of the first two stages, and slid right into quiet domesticity. No mad passionate romance, but our bickering is mostly about rules for games.

It helps that each of us knows how to blast the other out of our funks. I shoved him into the after school game, and he dropped a 3D printer on me. We were both right!

We also both made damned sure we knew each others faults. Grump tried to scare me off with his! ::P: I'm so mean and nasty! Grrr! Would you like another pork chop? :lol:

The Dark SideTM  we are each the other's enabler...

"Honey, can I spend a couple of hundred dollars on an undead army Kickstarter?'

'Ooh! Cool! Order me the dark elves, while you're at it!'

Not a random example.... (And due in the mail, any day now.)

517b234d0567acd163b2267017fd654f_origina

HIS

3c573b6951d6fe0655d4a24a390c656c_origina

HERS

The Auld Grump - and it wasn't pork chops... it was pot roast.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 3
  • Haha 10
4 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

THE POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Careful, I've heard that it corrupts.::P:

Also, Heavy Metal is GOOD for you:

https://www.sciencefocus.com/science/is-heavy-metal-bad-for-your-mental-health/?fbclid=IwAR14tjcNI69gYiC4vqgPSjQLsxU-Py1PQ70hG1OJbL8801ZjDedokZ2imdo

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Zink said:

Too high tech for down here. Ours is pretty slow for current standards but beats what I'm used to on the farm. 

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Just changed internet plans (SaskTel was shutting down my old service on Mar.1, so it was a necessary switch), now I have internet speed that's 8 times faster. ZOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Meanwhile, here in Alberta I can't go any faster for internet due to living I nan old building.  Telus will gladly try and offer me their 1Gbps service, and Shaw is all "we can swap you... Oh wait, old building"... 

I just wish they hadn't downgraded the upload.  300Mbps down is great, but 15 upload is terribly slow when you're backing up stuff.  I'd love it to be at least twice that.. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Hubby and I did that too. We don’t argue much, and when we do we typically work out what we’re talking about. We definitely never bickered or picked at each other.

• Like 8

For some reason I ordered onion on a hamburger today, and for some reason they put practically the whole onion on it. And then, for some reason, I ate all the onion. All of it.

It's been seven hours or so. Still eating that onion.

Farewell forever, sweet Internets.

• Sad 9
16 minutes ago, Marvin said:

For some reason I ordered onion on a hamburger today, and for some reason they put practically the whole onion on it. And then, for some reason, I ate all the onion. All of it.

It's been seven hours or so. Still eating that onion.

Farewell forever, sweet Internets.

I eat onions on practically everything but ice cream...

• Like 7