Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

6 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

No worries. Cards (and dice. Can't forget those) are probably the one thing I don't have a shortage of.

And I came out of a Deadlands Kickstarter with two more decks of cards (.. it.. seemed like a good idea at the time?).

Poker chips, now... I don't have any of those. Pretty sure the great big heavy things we got with the Dark Eye Kickstarters won't work... although they are very nice.

One thing about poker chips is you have to be ready to make some Legend Chips. Since you only use 10 blue chips, you use the others for Legend chips. I have a few I made, because I tend to run the same games when I get started, so it's nice to have them on hand.

And you will need so many dice for the original system. At least five of every type, except maybe d20s.

• Like 7
  • Replies 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

I am so through with arguing on the internet.

Indeed, winning an argument on the Internet is never as rewarding as you wished it'd be.

39 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Stolen content, very relatable.

DBE1F7F4-69E4-4396-B6FB-52A6E1BDA76D.thumb.jpeg.464e6bcce43b09ed96fc4362444b4b41.jpeg

Been seeing it for days, STILL HILARIOUS!

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

I eat onions on practically everything but ice cream...

About twenty five years ago, friends of mine went to the Onion Festival in Vidalia, and picked up a half gallon of Vidalia Onion ice cream for me, as a joke...

I kid thee not, that stuff was amazing. And not in a bad way - they hadn't tried it, themselves - if they had, I would never have even seen it.

Don't know what went in it, other than the caramelized Vidalia onion, but if I did I would be sorely tempted to make my own. So very good.

The game ended early tonight - the internet was just not good, but I think we are about to meet with The Little Grandmother again.... I think Megan has a thing for Baba Yaga.

The Auld Grump

• Like 9

Oh, I finally read back far enough to see it in this thread. My apologies. Those dudes that pop in and repost content everybody's already seen a thousand times are the literal worst, and now those dudes are me.

As penance and peace offering please allow me to share a vastly inferior meme I'm quite sure no one's seen.

B9B638FC-2ED5-490A-A82C-34ABFFA039F0.jpeg.c8400c91b323e42a5d806eabc74fbcca.jpeg

Edited by Marvin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 16
On 2/23/2021 at 11:07 AM, PaganMegan said:

He' the kind of EVIL that tries to make it seem normal.

Kingpin, not Green Goblin, Lex Luthor, not the Joker.

He is EVIL!

How can you say such a thing? Just look at his smiling face, and his adopted clan member!

image.png

Pretty much Adelai Niska from the first episode of Firefly.

And, yeah... Evil, but also a stabilizing influence.

The dwarf Underworld works more like the Tongs than the Mafia, in some ways.

The image was brutally stolen from Bard's Gate - I loathed them at first sight!

The Auld Grump

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Oh, I finally read back far enough to see it in this thread. My apologies. Those dudes that pop in and repost content everybody's already seen a thousand times are the literal worst, and now those dudes are me.

As penance and peace offering please allow me to share a vastly inferior meme I'm quite sure no one's seen.

It’s okay, both are fantastic memes. Thank you for the emperors new groove meme though :winkthumbs:

• Like 9
3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Meanwhile, here in Alberta I can't go any faster for internet due to living I nan old building.  Telus will gladly try and offer me their 1Gbps service, and Shaw is all "we can swap you... Oh wait, old building"... 

I just wish they hadn't downgraded the upload.  300Mbps down is great, but 15 upload is terribly slow when you're backing up stuff.  I'd love it to be at least twice that.. 

:lol: I have 25 Mbps download and 2 upload. That's the fastest available in town here. It was only possible to get those blazing speeds a year ago. It's faster and cheaper than anything I could find for the farm. Nice having actual unlimited data too. On the farm the most reliable is through the cell system and we had to really watch data usage or it was super expensive and they'd drop us to barely above dial up speeds. Large downloads take time but Netflix and youtube work with no problems. Which is good because between all of us there's usually at least 2 tvs or other devices streaming something 16 hours a day.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Meanwhile, here in Alberta I can't go any faster for internet due to living I nan old building.  Telus will gladly try and offer me their 1Gbps service, and Shaw is all "we can swap you... Oh wait, old building"... 

I just wish they hadn't downgraded the upload.  300Mbps down is great, but 15 upload is terribly slow when you're backing up stuff.  I'd love it to be at least twice that.. 

25 minutes ago, Zink said:

:lol: I have 25 Mbps download and 2 upload. That's the fastest available in town here. It was only possible to get those blazing speeds a year ago. It's faster and cheaper than anything I could find for the farm. Nice having actual unlimited data too. On the farm the most reliable is through the cell system and we had to really watch data usage or it was super expensive and they'd drop us to barely above dial up speeds. Large downloads take time but Netflix and youtube work with no problems. Which is good because between all of us there's usually at least 2 tvs or other devices streaming something 16 hours a day.

Meanwhile, I've been on 12Mbps down 1Mbps up for the past three years and paying $100+ just for that service (they had a monopoly until recently). I'll be switching to 50Mbps down/10Mbps up (for cheaper) when I move in April and will be very happy.

I could get faster (400Mbps), but I don't need faster for my needs.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Farewell forever, sweet Internets.

??  :huh:  ??

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

Been seeing it for days, STILL HILARIOUS!

53 minutes ago, Marvin said:

There is another version where she is solidly grey-toned.

(In the lower frame, that is…)

• Like 7
11 hours ago, haldir said:

Yah it would have been nice vs seeing it explained in a corny video he posted for facebook. (they use the breaking news bit in regards to our county being downgraded). Either way, I may go up later or before dinner & see what is up.

Since the whole roll20 thing is just not working for me (no time to watch videos in regards to learning how to use it for games, I may back out of my games for VCon & just focus on my Saturday game that weekend as I feel that is more important to me right now.

Well, in the process of changing/adding a door lock to our patio sliding door* & we didn't decided on what for dinner till late so no going out (well we went & got food, just no dining at the place I really wanted to go). We'll try next Friday. Also, the FLGS closes at 6 when there are no events scheduled so no going there either. Eventually I'll make it back up there & see why they went with "Jay" over me. TBH, right now I really don't care.

*The previous owners of this house to comply when they sold it, installed a floor pull lock to secure the door. My knees have had enough of bending over to open the door (even more so now with the bunny wanting to go in & out all the time). I finally decided to change out the lock (it's only been well over 17+ years....:blush:). It's a PiTA as the screw holes in the door don't want to line up with the box inside the frame. My father-in-law is coming over sometime tomorrow to see if he can help with it.

19 minutes ago, TGP said:

There is another version where she is solidly grey-toned.

(In the lower frame, that is…)

They know me too well!!!

• Like 6
53 minutes ago, Zink said:

Unlimited data is sooo handy.  I still can't believe it was only three years ago or so that I had the rep be all "whyever would you want unlimited data" ... Until she saw our regular usage, and now it's so much higher.  Partially due to just how large games are now, but streaming at 1440p adds up after a few days, doubly so when two people are doing it alongside gaming. 

300/15 is something the reps tried to tell me wasn't handy, but it sure is helpful where a 3GB "small" update goes out for a game - the connection pulls it reasonably quickly, so its only a few extra minutes if you include the installation of the update... 

30 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Meanwhile, I've been on 12Mbps down 1Mbps up for the past three years and paying $100+ just for that service (they had a monopoly until recently). I'll be switching to 50Mbps down/10Mbps up (for cheaper) when I move in April and will be very happy.

I could get faster (400Mbps), but I don't need faster for my needs.

Rrrf, we don't even pay $95 a month for 300/15.  I wonder when they'll try and upsell us on "blazing fast" fibre again.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get it, but I suspect our old building wouldn't be able to handle it, which kinda sucks.  It is stupidly fast though, but I don't quite see us needing that kind of power all too often, doubly so since the gateway/router isn't exactly an upgrade for us - I would need dedicated networking hardware to keep everything connected since it only has two ports. 

• Like 5
10 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

Then stop arguing with Trolls and Obnoxious people.

Come here!

Stay with us in the Reaper Forum and have fun with friends.

Don't forget to bring Bacon!

• Like 8

I pay about $60/moth for 300Mbps fibre.   

And when I got it, it was 'free install' also, because the old cable network was 'so bad that they were ashamed to admit they were responsible for it'...   

(They really, really wanted to decomission it, and also there was a rival company slowly making plans to extend into my area, and they wanted to beat them to it)

• Like 7
14 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Here’s your ironic story of the day. 

Older beagle was 2 lbs overweight last vet visit, so we bought weight control dog food for him. He is constantly hungry, so we can “sneak” him a little extra food and he thinks he’s getting extra even thought it is less calories overall. 

The younger beagle likes the taste of the new food so has been eating everything at her meal times rather than leaving half like she does the normal food. So she is getting fat on the weight control food!

Just can’t seem to win. 

Beagles live for food!  It's their defining trait.  Every one we have ever have would risk life and limb of herself and the pack (family) to get at a half eaten hotdog! 

To keep our beagles weight down I remember using a lot of exercise, including digging.  Our first beagle loved to dig so we had an area of the yard for him to dig in (it was also for us kids...)  dad would use a post hole digger to put a hot dog in the ground at various depths where Fred could see it.  Fred would then spend hours digging up the hotdogs.  

With beagles we needed to use food as a motivator to keep them trim!

13 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

I believe my battery is in pretty decent shape, but I'll check it first.  

It started on the first try when I took it out of the garage...   

Might be a bad or old starter.  You mentioned it but it bears repeating.  I had an older car and had a 4 foot iron rod to reach the starter with.  It would get stuck (turn the key, get a click and nothing else)  I got pretty good at using the rebar to smack the starter just right to loosen up the starter solenoid

12 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Dark SideTM  we are each the other's enabler...

"Honey, can I spend a couple of hundred dollars on an undead army Kickstarter?'

'Ooh! Cool! Order me the dark elves, while you're at it!'

With us the hobbies are different but the effect is the same:

Me:  I'm going to order some new dragon minis!

My wife:  that reminds me, I want some alpaca wool...

11 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

That's a good start....

You can't win against people with nothing to lose 

9 hours ago, Marvin said:

For some reason I ordered onion on a hamburger today, and for some reason they put practically the whole onion on it. And then, for some reason, I ate all the onion. All of it.

It's been seven hours or so. Still eating that onion.

Farewell forever, sweet Internets.

I don't see how the onion affects the internet.  I've triggered toxic gas alarms but never stopped the flow of electrical impulses.

I love onions but they don't always agree with my medications and digestive tract

7 hours ago, Marvin said:

This o can get behind!  One of the neater things (from a DM's point of view at least) in the lost worlds campaign setting are false healing potions.  They apparently give you health but in reality they lower the players max hp by 2d8 without letting them know.  They also last until the end of the next rest period.  So not only do you have players thinking they have 8-10 more hp than they really do, they wake up with hp missing from the night thinking they're being stalked by some kind of blood sucker....

• Like 8