Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Saturday trivia for Feb 27th:

• 1870 – The current flag of Japan was first adopted as the national flag for Japanese merchant ships.

• 1900 – Fußball-Club Bayern München was founded.

• 1940 – Martin Kamen and Sam Ruben discovered the carbon-14 isotope.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Meanwhile, I've been on 12Mbps down 1Mbps up for the past three years and paying $100+ just for that service (they had a monopoly until recently). I'll be switching to 50Mbps down/10Mbps up (for cheaper) when I move in April and will be very happy.

I could get faster (400Mbps), but I don't need faster for my needs.

I forget what speed we had at the farm when we still lived there full time but the monthly cost was usually $110. I think that was for 10 gigs of data. I used to do things like updating or buying games at my sister's in the city so it didn't eat all our data. And that was before games got to be 50-100 gigs of memory. I switched to Bell for it when we moved to town. Sasktel wanted me to pick a rate and I paid that no matter how much data we used. With Bell I pay $10 a month and it goes up as I use it. I keep it because somedays I need internet when I'm out there. The wife gets after me to buy a smart phone and get a data plan. I reply that costs $60/month for something I'd use a couple times a month. Seeing as 90+% of my life is either on the farm or in my house in town I'll stick with $10/month for the few times I need to look something up while there.

• Like 7

Tbh, I have no idea what my net speed is. I know it costs around 50 dollars. I had to move up to the next tier due to I went over a couple times. (limited data, but it's decent) due to having kids & my own net needs. Whenever the kids move out, I'll probably drop it back down. Thou, that was before I got into allot of stl downloads, so I may just keep it where it's at.

One thing I hate with my ISP thou is they have new customer deals all the time. existing ones just get the shaft. Still, I'd rather be with these guys then Centurylink. I was having issues with them & at the  end, they told me "Oh well you need to get a new modem....." Um, you couldn't tell me that at the start of these issues? Goodbye!

• Like 5

I hope everyone is doing well. First cup of coffee has been consumed. Thursday was a fabulous day, I took a trip to see Ludo got to see my mom for an hour or so as well. I needed the minication. then Friday morning woke up to take youngest to school and found a text asking me to work that morning..... I owed the boss anyways, but still wish I had satyed at Ludos. Last night I had problems in the middle of the night and do not feel the best today, while trying to do laundry and do the RPG work that I had slated for yesterday. I did get to see my sons play last night. it was very good. anyways, I need to go get more coffee. 

• Like 8

Two and a half day weekend!

I'm taking Monday off for a DR appointment, but only because they scheduled it for the middle of the day. I figured it would be dumb to go to work for a couple hours, leave, and then try to go back for a couple more afterwards. Normally, I like to go first thing in the morning, or late in the afternoon.

I just got home from doing a little overtime this morning.

• Like 11

So, Final Fantasy Seven Remake's soundtrack just dropped on Spotify and all those other music streaming services, and holy cow, it's REALLY good.

I need to play that game one of these days.

And thus ends my two-day streak of bad news, may it never be broken! It's very unbecoming of me, I've discovered.

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Then stop arguing with Trolls and Obnoxious people.

Come here!

Stay with us in the Reaper Forum and have fun with friends.

Don't forget to bring Bacon!

I need to be on this forum more, GW. You're right.

I did have an argument once here, but it was actually fun.

As for the bacon, it all... how should I say, "mysteriously disappeared" I have absolutely no clue where it went. Whatsoever.

The rum is also all gone, but that wasn't me. I mean, neither was the bacon, but definitely not the rum.

Edited by MusicalFeline
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12
48 minutes ago, MusicalFeline said:

As for the bacon, it all... how should I say, "mysteriously disappeared" I have absolutely no clue where it went. Whatsoever.

The rum is also all gone, but that wasn't me. I mean, neither was the bacon, but definitely not the rum.

:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
On 2/26/2021 at 11:17 AM, CaptainPete said:

You're forgetting the big one: Wind loss from Wounds. Each wound causes 1d6 Wind damage. So, you have to roll to hit, roll a d20 for Wound location, and then dice for damage, and THEN roll a d6 per Wound. What I do is have you roll the d20 for location with the attack roll (since you're not going to be using a d20 for that). After you figure out Wounds, the target takes 3.5 Wind per Wound (rounding down). It isn't as dramatic as the original system but it sure moves faster.

When it comes to chips, *always* cash in the reds for Bounty Points. Lest you have to pay the Marshal's Tithe. :devil:

Well, it was...y'know...a...uhh...few...years ago.  I won't say exactly how many, but it was still 1st ed., multiple colored paperclips and all.

The main thing I remember was that we kept spending chips for re-rolls vs. spending chips to negate the damage.  That's just an experience thing.

The kicker is that two of the guys were really into westerns (the Marshal and another player), but they were eager to ditch it and go back to Vampire.  

• Like 8

I was a responsible adult this morning and did my taxes instead of painting minis....

So nice to have that done!  Getting a bunch of $$ back from federal, and like normal have to pay a small amount of state taxes. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Timeline Trivia for February 28th:

• 1953 – James Watson and Francis Crick announced to friends that they have determined the chemical structure of DNA; the formal announcement would take place on April 25 following publication in April's issue of the scientific journal Nature.

• 1997 – GRB 970228, a highly luminous flash of gamma rays, struck the Earth for 80 seconds, providing early evidence that gamma-ray bursts occur well beyond the Milky Way.

• 2013 – Pope Benedict XVI resigned as the pope of the Catholic Church, becoming the first pope to do so since Pope Gregory XII in 1415.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Grump's game, somebody instigated a riot.

I have Lightning Bolt, the Merciful Spell feat, and a flying broom.

Life Is Good! ::D:

Two spells, and I took out most of the rioters, without killing ANY of them!

We spent the night SAVING DROW! :lol: Whatever tail the dead spy pulled, the dog was against the drow refugees.

Someone leaked that what most in the city thought were twenty or so refugee drow was actually over 2,000.

So some nitwit thought it would be a good idea to direct a riot against the dwarf undercity, because the dwarves were the ones giving the drow sanctuary.

The dwarves are happy with us, if they had responded it would have been grape shot. ::o:

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 12