Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

34 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I just shaved my own face-bear down to a presentable fur trim.

At work, I was joking with people that I had no choice because the polar bear at the zoo kept texting me for a date, and she just wouldn't stop until restraining orders were involved, lol. Honestly, though, having to pull my bandana up over my face repeatedly during the course of the day meant I was constantly ending up chewing on my beard, which got annoying quickly.

<see next response>

Unfortunately, the spellbook I was taught from only contained Unpaid Servant... :rolleyes:

What instrument does a baboon bard play?

Hide contents

A mandrill-in...

Sounds like it was published by Goodman Games, by the same people who produce the Tales From the Magician's Skull books.

GEM

14 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Until then I had never realized how good having an attractive young woman watch you was as motivation to mow the lawn.

But I still think the wood chuck incident was the topper. (A wood chuck, nibbling away on the lawn, right where I wanted to mow. So, I nudged it with my foot. You should have seen the thing run! For... a good six inches. Then it settled down and started nibbling again. I had to mow, nudge, mow, nudge, mow, nudge until it was done eating.)

You know... shoggoths  would actually be really good as plumbers. They could make a decent living, that way.

The Auld Grump

That must be one of the woodchucks who now works for the Gecko who pitches auto insurance.

GEM

3 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I think I'd prefer a shoggoth plumber versus this guy rn. He insists on repeating my entire weekend before admitting I was right and he needs to get the danged snake. A shoggoth might listen to me instead of wasting all of our time.

Which helps explain why it's the middle of the week and he's just now dealing with something that should have been tended to on Monday Afternoon.

Sounds like Mr. Slacker to me.  Will spend more time on the superfluous that is annoying to the customer to have to slog through than in actually fixing the problem.

GEM

• Like 6

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tub is fixed. It required minor disassembly and much more plunger effort and then reassembly. Still believe snaking it would have been a better idea as I spent a good 20 minutes with the plunger Saturday night and I feel slightly inadequate. Who builds a tub where disassembly is necessary to use the plunger properly?

While it's not a difficult piece to disassemble, I do want to leave anything involving disassembling the plumbing to the building maintenance guys so when they elf it up it doesn't come out of my deposit.

Partner is "testing" the shower first, in that she called dibs and I need to brush my hair first to minimize shedding.

Edited by NebulousMissy
words
  • Like 17

On 6/15/2020 at 3:39 PM, Citrine said:

Only 2 weeks to move is very sporty, hope you have some more time than that.  Hubby and I moved from the US to Norway with 2 weeks notice. It was not a fun experience.  We ended up leaving it to my in laws to clean and sell our mobile home, because we ran out of time.

Our house flooded a while back. We moved everything out that we didn't throw out as ruined in 3 days. We had some help or we wouldn't have made it. It went to my in-laws where it stayed mostly packed except for the things we needed to live. Then, things happened (it was the most miserable living experience of my whole life) and we got kicked out. We had 3 days to move back into our house (which wasn't finished and didn't have a kitchen or bathrooms at the time we started moving). By ourselves. It really sucked. And things are still in boxes a week later. I wish I could snap my fingers and be done with it. And that the pain in my back would go away. I hate moving.

• Like 1
  • Sad 16

Gotta love UPS. There's a reason I completely refuse to use them if I'm the one shipping something. My Reaper order has been in their possession for 5 days, and in that time it has moved maybe 100 miles, from Denton to Fort Worth, and then to Mesquite.

I just want my metal Anhurians so I can start putting together a decent looking Frostgrave warband that has some more variety than the Bones ones I already have! I want those kite shields and not-floppy weapons!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7

Elf it, I'm having a beer. And yeah it's a strong one. Also trying to decide on what to work on next... 

Ahh, elf it, I'll work on all of it until I'm particularly inspired. 

IMG_20200617_204323.thumb.jpg.5b1064b632e8c6892c2f9a15323991e3.jpg

IMG_20200617_202153.thumb.jpg.c98ea4b8267c16c99241f7f16dab947b.jpg

Also my phone has suddenly decided it doesn't like uploading more than one photo at a time into the forum. Gives me an error every time...

• Like 13

Yesterday... I had an online conversation with a US senator... about goats*.

For some reason Megan finds that hysterical. <_<

In tonight's game the kids got about halfway through the dungeon, then headed back to Aidentaugh - bruised, battered, and spells depleted. (Except for the rogue - who has not lost a single hit point.) *EDIT* Oh, and the witch got temporarily eaten by a frog. ::P:

When they got there someone was standing in front of the pub, ranting about the execution, and that the Church is overstepping its bounds... until he was arrested, and will be facing public trial next game.

The charge is Heresy, which the kids seem to be having a hard time connecting with public ranting against unjust executions. (The kids are right - they shouldn't be.)

Half the kids want to bust him out of prison under cover of night, one wants to take on the entire town guard, and Sam wants to use a whole lot of Charm Person....

The Auld Grump

* The full topic was the use of goats in land reclamation. With videos of very silly goats.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 9

31 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Yesterday... I had an online conversation with a US senator... about goats*.

For some reason Megan finds that hysterical. <_<

> Snip<

Half the kids want to bust him out of prison under cover of night, one wants to take on the entire town guard, and Sam wants to use a whole lot of Charm Person....

The Auld Grump

* The full topic was the use of goats in land reclamation. With videos of very silly goats.

And you didn't share.  [Toe scuffing in dirt while head hangs low and lower lip pouts]  :rolleyes:

GEM

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Heh - Megan shared the video a whiles back, and I shared it with Megan.

Be prepared for TERROR! ::o:

Or, you know, not. ::P:

A local farm, for what it is worth, that rents goats for land reclamation - and has a No Cull policy - they may neuter goats they don't want to breed - but they do not put any down for anything aside from health issues.

*EDIT* Goats are wonderful for land reclamation - far better than a mulching machine. If you mulch poison ivy, you get toxic mulch. If a goat eats poison ivy, you get valuable goat poop, which returns nutrients to the soil in an easily assimilated form.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

I know some areas around California use goats and cows for fire control. UC Santa Cruz is required as part of their lease to keep a herd of cows on campus so they're used for fire control, animal husbandry classes, sustainability experiments, and general conversation starters.

• Like 14

Nothing quite like getting everything sorted out and chosen for a meal box thingy, making sure repeatedly that it's all sorted out and we've chosen what we want... Then having the system decide after billing cutoff that hey, you actually wanted to skip this.  No email about any problems or such, just... Shows as skipped, despite me not even knowing where that button is on their site (food options are too good to do such!) 

Here's hoping customer care can fix it and I still get my box next week. 

On a different topic, I'm looking forward to those magnets showing up soon since they've now been scanned as in the country, which is definitely nice... 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Apparently my package hopped a flight in Mesquite, because it's now made its way to Nashville. Let's see how many days it sits there before it makes its way to its next stop, which I think will be Lexington, KY. Then from there it will go to Warrendale, PA before coming back down into WV. Whether it gets handed to the USPS in PA or in WV will remain to be seen, because I've had it go both ways in the past.

Either way, it won't be getting delivered before I go on my "camping" trip even though it should have been.

• Sad 6