Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

COFFEE!!

Hamsterling managed to turn what was a relatively small poop into a surprisingly large mess... *sigh*  STOP KICKING!!

UGH

Ugh...

COFFEE!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 2
51 minutes ago, Humansquish said:

Just found my thumb drive I use to move stl files from my computer to my resin printer in the dryer. Thought for sure it was dead but it seems to still work, really impressed by the little thing.

I've become a pretty big fan of the Samsung BAR usb drives.  Waterproof, shockproof, temperature proof, magnet proof, x-ray proof slim profile usb 3.1 drives.  (I've personally only tested 3 of those proofings myself.)

• Like 7

Super stressed today. Work has a bow wave crashing, people are backtracking on months old agreements, and schedules are pressing.

Then, add in that I have put in new contacts today and they are not right. They ordered the wrong right ones. I am in between prescriptions and requested the ones that would allow far sight over near sight as I can add reading glasses. They got me the opposite. My daughter is also on her second set of lenses this year, and they still aren’t right. Insurance is used up, so to change doctors now will be out of pocket but I am so mad right now that I am probably good with that. 

I need a stiff adult beverage. Instead I will work. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 14

Hope everyone is doing good and getting their daily dosage of caffeine. Monthly sheep/goat auction, 10-12 hours of my day off already accounted for. It is not the actual work the concession stand that annoys me, it is all the prep work that because everyone else has school, I have to do on my day off......

We now return your to your regularly scheduled thread. 

• Like 8

Oh boy, just confirmed, in three weeks they will replace our kitchen with a new one.

So..about 3 or 4 weeks of having to make do with other means to cook for a while till they're finished.

Between taking out the old kitchen, plaster the wall/ceiling, do the electricity water things, place the new kitchen etc etc... it will probably take that long.

Now to see how we're going to cook without the kitchen for a while.

I'm thinking to set the microwave/oven up in the cellar, we have a cellar where we have electricity and water.

Maybe some other kind of small cooker.

I do have a BBQ so hoping there will be a few days I can use that one.

It will be a challenge, but in the end we will have a new kitchen which will hopefully last us our lifetime..

• Like 11
  • Confused 3
24 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Oh boy, just confirmed, in three weeks they will replace our kitchen with a new one.

So..about 3 or 4 weeks of having to make do with other means to cook for a while till they're finished.

Between taking out the old kitchen, plaster the wall/ceiling, do the electricity water things, place the new kitchen etc etc... it will probably take that long.

Now to see how we're going to cook without the kitchen for a while.

I'm thinking to set the microwave/oven up in the cellar, we have a cellar where we have electricity and water.

Maybe some other kind of small cooker.

I do have a BBQ so hoping there will be a few days I can use that one.

It will be a challenge, but in the end we will have a new kitchen which will hopefully last us our lifetime..

An instant pot would probably be really useful!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
4 hours ago, Crowley said:

Hamsterling managed to turn what was a relatively small poop into a surprisingly large mess... *sigh*  STOP KICKING!!

Also known in some circles as a "super-spreader".

• Haha 13
24 minutes ago, Crowley said:

An instant pot would probably be really useful!

So you mean a slowcooker or crockpot?

I have been thinking about that.

Are they easy to master?

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Are they easy to master?

Depends on the age of the crockpot. The older it is, the more set in it's ways the machine spirit has become so your first attempted use will set the stage for all uses to follow. However, seeing as how you defeated a gazebo, I wouldn't worry too much over this. 

Newer pots have a less potent animating spirit and are easier to enthrall, but with the downside that food cooked therein will have a less robust flavor than the older pots, due to the inexperience of the machine spirit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9