Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

17 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

My idea for a permanent photography setup seems to have rapidly blown itself out of proportion.  At first it was a basic 24x24" tent with a cheap lighting kit, and now the idea seems to be this massive light kit with gridded softboxes that costs three times more, skips the photo tent, and instead adds in photo background diorama thingies. 

Not sure whether to be excited about such in the planning stages, or if it's another case of complete and total overkill.  It would provide a good amount of even light though, that much is definitely certain. 

Maxim 37: There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "reload".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

My idea for a permanent photography setup seems to have rapidly blown itself out of proportion.  At first it was a basic 24x24" tent with a cheap lighting kit, and now the idea seems to be this massive light kit with gridded softboxes that costs three times more, skips the photo tent, and instead adds in photo background diorama thingies. 

Not sure whether to be excited about such in the planning stages, or if it's another case of complete and total overkill.  It would provide a good amount of even light though, that much is definitely certain. 

Plan Big.

Then scale it back as needed to meet whatever budgetary restraints are the limiting factors.

GEM

If you don't aim high then you will never achieve your maximum potential.

• Like 8
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Guess what day it is!

I was looking for some humorous answers, and you guys managed to provide some, as well as some insightful answers as well.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

1242793459_IamtheLaw.jpg.d0e1075bb2801eeecd9de23c39428534.jpg

No.....

71Hcd5hhSDL._AC_SL1280_.thumb.jpg.23f26185d9fe5f19221d7813edd6780b.jpg

::P:

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 15
1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

World-Wildlife-Day-2021-From-David-Attenboroughs-A-Life-on-990x557.jpg.6de6ef424dbbc2828a309933328904e8.jpg

With the fight over WWF back in the day, I always thought this was a great take on it:

e7677b92926a0108fe5f34c0bf63099a.jpg

10 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I was looking for some humorous answers, and you guys managed to provide some, as well as some insightful answers as well.

Thank you.

71Hcd5hhSDL._AC_SL1280_.thumb.jpg.23f26185d9fe5f19221d7813edd6780b.jpg

Now I must find Anthrax!!

• Like 7
  • Haha 8
32 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I71Hcd5hhSDL._AC_SL1280_.thumb.jpg.23f26185d9fe5f19221d7813edd6780b.jpg

::P:

South Park: RARE Official 1998 Sealed Cartman Respect My Authority T-Shirt  XL | #488844984

I saw Anthrax in concert in the mid-90s (second or third time seeing them), and the venue just went nuts when "I am the Law" started.  They were still a little bitter about not being on the soundtrack.  And I can't say that I blame them.

• Like 8

I saw 'em way back on the MTV Headbangers Ball tour with Exodus and Helloween, on the Clash of the Titans tour with Slayer, Megadeth, and Alice in Chains, and most recently on Slayer's farewell tour.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

I saw 'em way back on the MTV Headbangers Ball tour with Exodus and Helloween, on the Clash of the Titans tour with Slayer, Megadeth, and Alice in Chains, and most recently on Slayer's farewell tour.

Clash of the Titans was an amazing show!  Summer of '91, as the tour was winding down.

Unfortunately, this locale is not know for being kind to opening acts.  Alice in Chains was basically booed off the stage.  Oh, and the local curfew....Midnight rolls around and the lights go up, the sound goes off.  Mid-song, too, as I recall (Slayer was closing up).

I also saw them with Life of Agony and Deftones (which is the specific show I was referencing), and again with Pantera and Coal Chamber.

Ahhh....the days of jumping into mosh pits (or even just going out in public).  Now I can barely jump!

• Like 6

So my family was hit with some somewhat distressing news.

After spending over a week hospitalized, my sister got diagnosed with autoimmune limbic encephalitis and has had epileptic seizures for months that were confused with blood pressure drop and other side effects from her medication for her hip inflammation. And it wasn't until last week when she went into convulsion that her oldest spawn called 911 for the ambulance. She has a four day blackout and a few more memory holes from the last week.

Scans confirm that it's not cancer or tumor related, so likely viral in origin. Probably COVID, but not conclusive. Heck a cold sore could've triggered it.

The treatment the neurologist is prescribing will be for months as it seems encephalitis are complicated things to treat. But my sister is already responding well, and since she's a nurse with a master's degree, she understands the situation very well.

She should be released from the hospital on Friday. So home, and in need of plenty of rest.

All in all we're relieved that it's not worse and under control, but it's still something pretty serious. And with all the restrictions and lock downs, no extended family can go to visit or give support.

• Like 1
  • Sad 25

Decided to speed paint one of the RVE minis tonight. I'm pleased with how he's coming out. He'll need some touch-up yet, but it was fun to work on him.

IMG_20210303_220542__01.thumb.jpg.2fe33e082295a04491146619d0a9aac5.jpg

Now if the Hamsterling would just settle down... He keeps waking up... :unsure:

• Like 12

I made the mistake of admitting to my wife that I have never seen The Emperor's New Groove.

After tonight, I will no longer be able no make that claim.

It started by my asking Megan 'Who's Kronk?'

The Auld Grump - and why is Megan insisting I watch this after Brigid was put to bed?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

I have been a very responsible adult. I’ve managed to get most of my paperwork in order, so that tomorrow I can commence making copies of everything. I have also planned out what steps I need to take next, to start getting things back on track.

Being sick and in pain for 3 months sure makes things spiral out of control.

• Like 5
  • Sad 10