Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Don't you hate coming across partial notes, and not remembering what the overall plan was for them?

The Auld Grump - notes for the Blight campaign, from 2018....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Don't you hate coming across partial notes, and not remembering what the overall plan was for them?

I wonder if Ed Greenwood feels this way?

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Apparently my package hopped a flight in Mesquite, because it's now made its way to Nashville. Let's see how many days it sits there before it makes its way to its next stop, which I think will be Lexington, KY. Then from there it will go to Warrendale, PA before coming back down into WV. Whether it gets handed to the USPS in PA or in WV will remain to be seen, because I've had it go both ways in the past.

Either way, it won't be getting delivered before I go on my "camping" trip even though it should have been.

I had a package of computer cables sit in Commerce, Ca., about 80 miles from the Desert Hideaway from May 23 to the middle of last week.

GEM

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Nothing quite like getting everything sorted out and chosen for a meal box thingy, making sure repeatedly that it's all sorted out and we've chosen what we want... Then having the system decide after billing cutoff that hey, you actually wanted to skip this.  No email about any problems or such, just... Shows as skipped, despite me not even knowing where that button is on their site (food options are too good to do such!) 

About as good as booking a taxi online, being ready earlier than expected, changing the online booking to "I'm ready now, come and get me" and being told by the phone person when they've missed the initially booked time that the system cancelled the booking instead...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I wonder if Ed Greenwood feels this way?

Nah, he just looks at it, figures out where to insert Elminster, and sells it as a new book.

• Haha 10

5 hours ago, sumbloke said:

About as good as booking a taxi online, being ready earlier than expected, changing the online booking to "I'm ready now, come and get me" and being told by the phone person when they've missed the initially booked time that the system cancelled the booking instead...

Ouch, I've had something similar happen before.  Never a fun time when that happens.  As for my box of food, looks like it was a glitch in the system, as there's now two charges on my credit card from them (first one being the base price, the second being the extra amount for those delicious looking burgers that cost extra) and it's showing as I'll have my delivery next week.  Needless to say, I'm glad it's worked out, but it definitely was stressful last night when there suddenly was a big red X for next Tuesday...

• Like 6

6 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

This seems to happen to me a lot for work lately.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Coffee!!

Already had two tea, one cocoa and 5 coffee..

*** Bounces through the office***

• Haha 12

42 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Already had two tea, one cocoa and 5 coffee..

*** Bounces through the office***

Meanwhile a few hours later, two janitors are looking at each other and one remarks "how did glitter even get way. Up. THERE..." 

• Haha 11

2 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Meanwhile a few hours later, two janitors are looking at each other and one remarks "how did glitter even get way. Up. THERE..." 

I just had another Espresso!

WWWHHIOOOOOOOHHHIOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Haha 12

1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:

I just had another Espresso!

WWWHHIOOOOOOOHHHIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Someone's missed the coffee machine at work... :devil:

• Haha 7

I was shoved out of bed at .. five..? AM? by Mr. Thorne, and the cat. Jasper, in this case. 

Normally, I'd just go right back to bed, but ... there is no space for me in the bed right now. So, I'm awake, I am drinking tea, and I am already offended at everything. Except kittens. And possibly puppies. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 9

If anybody's interested Humble Bundle is offering Campaign Cartographer 3+ and a bunch of add ons. I've been thinking of upgrading to this for years but just haven't been making maps in ages. Their price is roughly what it would normally have cost for the upgrade plus you get the Tome of Ultimate Mapping, City and Dungeon Designers and more. Guess I'll be pulling the trigger on this even if I don't know when I'll get back to mapping.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Unruly said:

Apparently my package hopped a flight in Mesquite, because it's now made its way to Nashville. Let's see how many days it sits there before it makes its way to its next stop, which I think will be Lexington, KY. Then from there it will go to Warrendale, PA before coming back down into WV. Whether it gets handed to the USPS in PA or in WV will remain to be seen, because I've had it go both ways in the past.

Either way, it won't be getting delivered before I go on my "camping" trip even though it should have been.

9 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I had a package of computer cables sit in Commerce, Ca., about 80 miles from the Desert Hideaway from May 23 to the middle of last week.

GEM

I'm looking at tracking for a package that received postage on June 3, about a week after I placed the order.  It hasn't moved at all. 

8 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Or showing up at your destination airport ready to pick up the rental car you reserved and paid for weeks ago,  finding an empty spot where the car should be, and being told "oh sorry, we're out of cars tonight".  With every other rental service in town fully booked up because of the massive conference being held in an extremely popular tourist city. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9