Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

12 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

am really, really, REALLY hoping that Disney never does to ENG what they did to Aladdin, and make a live action/CG abomination of it.

See, I actually liked the live action version of Alladin. I thought Will Smith did a really good genie (though my brain kept expecting to hear Robin Williams singing), I thought the stuff they added was pretty good (except Jasmine’s song, which just didn’t seem to fit with the rest of the songs), and I really liked the actors they got for Alladin and Jasmine. 

Now, Beauty and the Beast, couldn’t stand that. And I knew I wasn’t gonna like from the very beginning when Emma Thompson said “for who could ever learn to love a beast” wrong.

• Like 7
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

I've been making a list of figures & such for a future Reaper order. I then go looking through my figures I have for painting classes tomorrow and I find half the things on my list. Multiples. In metal & bones. I may have a problem.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
3 hours ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

Exams are over!! Unfortunately, multiple walks to and from the exam hall in the heat gave me a cold. Better now, but hope the heat doesn't kick my butt this weekend. 

Hoping everyone is doing well! 

Whooo, welcome back to the forums!  Did your wallet survive all the latest GW reveals? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Whooo, welcome back to the forums!  Did your wallet survive all the latest GW reveals? 

I've sworn off of buying new models until May when my final exams are over. I think the new Warhammer Quest and Lumineth stuff is coming out then, so the wallet is far from safe. Of course, there's the Daughters of Khaine that need to be expanded.... 

The wallet winces with despair! 

• Like 9

Not sure why, but it took a decent amount of effort/willpower to write a message to one vendor asking a few questions about things I'm uncertain on.  Feels weird, but at the same time, they literally say right on their website to ask if new to resin conversion kits, so I figured why not give them a shout about it. 

Either way, a small part of me is all "wait, are we seriously about to get into resin conversion kits for gunpla already?" while most of me is looking forward to having something that will readily fill that particular painting void I've wanted filled for quite some time - mechs that are 7-8" tall to paint and display, and I'd say Master Grade gunpla kits definitely fall into that bracket... 

Yknow, because I already didn't have my painting desk full of Infinity minis, a tank, some other stuff, and of course all those boxes in the bedroom waiting their turn on the desk and then the airbrush booth... 

• Like 7

Your daily dose of trivia about the happenings on March 6th:

• 1521 – Ferdinand Magellan arrived at Guam while leading the voyage to circumnavigate the world.

• 1869 – Dmitri Mendeleev presented the first periodic table to the Russian Chemical Society.

• 1899 – Bayer registered "Aspirin" as a trademark.

• 1964 – Boxing champion Cassius Clay was officially given the name Muhammad Ali.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

See, I actually liked the live action version of Alladin. I thought Will Smith did a really good genie (though my brain kept expecting to hear Robin Williams singing), I thought the stuff they added was pretty good (except Jasmine’s song, which just didn’t seem to fit with the rest of the songs), and I really liked the actors they got for Alladin and Jasmine. 

Now, Beauty and the Beast, couldn’t stand that. And I knew I wasn’t gonna like from the very beginning when Emma Thompson said “for who could ever learn to love a beast” wrong.

I agree that the casting for Alladin and Jasmine was pretty good. And Will Smith could have been good as the Genie if he'd been allowed to make the character his own. As it was he was doing too much of Robin Williams' Genie. I think he did it much more his own style in Crosswalk: the Musical

• Like 5
18 hours ago, ManvsMini said:
21 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

The Emperor's New Groove is more quotable than The Princess Bride.

Inconceivable!!!

Yes, you're very smart. Shut up.

RVE yesterday was fun, though I didn't get to participate in any of the classes I signed up for. I got to watch/listen to them, but the Hamsterling made anything else impossible. Hoping for better luck (and some help from Mrs. Hamster) today.

COFFEE!!

9 hours ago, haldir said:

Before I left I asked him what was up with the D&D gaming & he explained since he needed to have someone in the backroom(paid), he might as well just have that person be the DM + due to COVID rules, everything has to be on the projector/computer & other distancing rules in place.

While I'm upset with that decision  & I'm also ok with that reason. I told him I'm a DM & not a player, so I wouldn't be joining. That & 10 bucks per session each month adds up. (I didn't mention that last part, just well yah it is.)

Do they only run one table? Can you still run a game? Is the player base big enough to support it? At my FLGS they usually had 7-9 D&D games running on Wednesday nights.

17 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

Oooooooo!

I just checked out the new Bones stuff, and those Viceroy Enforcers look absolutely awesome! (But what's up with their bases?)

If only I had time to paint these days...

SUMMER!!!

Their bases? You mean that they're slotta bases and not broccoli? Personally, I'm a fan.

17 hours ago, kristof65 said:

So, what have I missed?

Let me explain… No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

Shenanigans.... Yeah, I think that covers it.

16 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

IMG_20210305_135034081.jpg

IMG_20210305_135017759.jpg

Maybe some touch ups, but I wouldn't repaint them all!

• Like 8
20 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Do they only run one table? Can you still run a game? Is the player base big enough to support it? At my FLGS they usually had 7-9 D&D games running on Wednesday nights.7

Small town, thus only 1 table, if you can call it that right now. Right now each night of the week is one event. Weds here is now D&D AL night. The room the game is played in has a central table & the smaller tables around the room. On the backwall there is a projection screen where the maps & other stuff go.

When I DMed this way up there, I didn't use the computer (ie Roll20 or Fantasy Grounds) to show combat & stuff, I just pointed the camera at my grid & used minis & tokens for the players. I touched everything.  One thing I didn't like was the tables behind me. As I don't look behind me when I DM (I mean it's not a "natural" thing when playing D&D). I tend to leave those players out, unless combat was going, then I'd have to mention them. Luckily I didn't deal with that allot.

Anther thing is the player base has fallen off allot since the pandemic started & even before that is was starting to slide. I remember coming into the store on Monday nights & seeing 3 people already around the table waiting for the start time & then adding 3 or 4 more to the table. We were lucky to get 4 people at the most before the last shutdown & my players for those was 1)one of the owner's kids want to play but his sheet was on D&D Beyond on his laptop. He wasn't really into the game. 2)One guy is a good player, but he "rolls" high allot, hmmmmm 3)Player who switched over to my home game. I've had issues with him at the home game, but we talked & those issues are smoothed over now 4) New guy & he was a good player, he had to quit due to hours at his job changed on him.

Overall it wasn't a good experience for playing D&D. I mean yes, we got to play, but overall I know one player (see #3 above) wasn't happy with the situation & really D&D was meant to be played around a central table with the DM at the head of the table. I guess in a way I don't mind, I just didn't like the way I found out that I wasn't doing it anymore up there. For sheeps & giggles, I did check on how many spots had sold last Weds & there was 4 out of 6 spots still available, then again at 10 dollars to reserve I understand why. Also store has implemented a no refund policy for cancellations (Whhhhaaaa?? <_<).

• Like 8

Ok sitting here & suddenly there is a skittering sound across the dining room floor. The bunny came across from her spot under the table into the living room. ha ha

Normally she doesn't come across due to the linoleum & we sometimes put down a blanket as a bridge for her. She decided to have a few laps around the carpeted areas & now is currently laying by my feet.

• Like 10
4 hours ago, ratsmitglied said:

Spot the odd one out (and yes I know my photography sucks...mainly due to the user)

airshow.JPG

user.JPG

Airshow this weekend?

Three Spitfires and one F-35 (the former close to full throttle and the last nervously eyeing its stall speed).

17 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

IMG_20210305_135034081.jpg

IMG_20210305_135017759.jpg

What is up with the square gridded basing on top of the round basing? I feel like there is an untold story in this...

Edited by TGP
  • Like 7
39 minutes ago, TGP said:

What is up with the square gridded basing on top of the round basing? I feel like there is an untold story in this...

It's Aladdin in disguise....:blues:

@Colonel Kane Like everyone else, just touch em & send them to their doom!!

• Like 7
1 hour ago, TGP said:

Morning all, The square gridded piece, is just some < escapes me this early in the morning with little coffee on board, sewing...NOT sewing, not neddlepoint, plastic grid stuff because the original story for the chapter i was trying to make was that they were a a chapter based on in a fleet rather than on a planet. They did have ground assets, but I wanted  a spaceship feel to the infantry, hence the 'grating' under their feet. Ended up being just short of a disaster, because of the slot base and my general lack of hobby skills. 

• Like 10