Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

You should have signed him up for classes instead. :lol:

...by the age of 1, young Hamsterling has won 3 golden demons, 5 gold Sophie trophies & is one the more sought after painters in the hobby right now....

Good hard session for my players today, as I figured they would be. We were down a player due to his job was rough on him the night before & he wasn't feeling good. I did add a NPC but more or less she is the bridge for the next adventure. It's a good thing she was there (6th female bard (Valor aka Skald as she a Northlander)). Hill giant attack really F**ed up the barbarian right away, but they were able to dispatch him easy. I didn't bring in the troll. Next "attack" was some vines around a tomb. Cutting & getting near them caused damage if they didn't save & it was large amount. Afterwards was a decent encounter with orogs & room traps (smashing pillars that dropped from the ceiling) & finally was a assassin vine & corpse flower (those are nasty!!). Good day so far.

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, haldir said:
3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

You should have signed him up for classes instead. :lol:

...by the age of 1, young Hamsterling has won 3 golden demons, 5 gold Sophie trophies & is one the more sought after painters in the hobby right now....

While his father is still struggling to get a silver...

*Sigh

Just ordered pizza, and have beer in the fridge.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

Things you might find interesting about March 7th:

• 1849 – Luther Burbank, an American botanist, horticulturist, and author who developed over 800 strains and varieties of plants, is born. A notable mutation of the russet potato would come to be known as the russet Burbank potato, the world's predominant potato in food processing.

• 1876 – Alexander Graham Bell was granted a patent for an invention he calls the "telephone".

• 1900 – The German liner SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse became the first ship to send wireless signals (telegraph via radio waves) to shore.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

On 3/4/2021 at 6:36 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Two little  boys were at a wedding when one leaned over to the other and asked, "How many wives can a man have?"

His friend answered, " Sixteen...four better, four worse, four richer, four poorer."

I'll settle for the four richer and the four better... You can keep the rest.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

31 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I approve; animal pictures are always a good way to start the day.:winkthumbs:

Note: I captured 2 critters in that photo. The squirrel at the top is a door stop my wife got me for Christmas one year. ha ha

• Like 7

Busy weekend. Drove the son’s car yesterday (stored while he’s at college, but a hybrid so the batteries need use every so often before damage occurs), did shopping, then again because the daughter wanted some new water bottles like I’d just bought, paid bills, entered receipts, sorted months worth of emails, started the seeds for this year (tomatoes, bell peppers, and marigolds), and then picked up 110 piles of dog poop from the backyard. The snow finally melted and we could see them again. 

Now time to put in some actual work-work, as I have a problematic test assembly tomorrow that needs to be built. I was working on it in my sleep this morning so maybe I can solve the problem. 

• Like 10

Ok, Thumper did probably one the cutest things I've ever seen her do. My son had a large plastic cup from Dickey's BBQ sitting on a footstool. It was empty but it had apple juice in it. Thumper came up to the stool, sniffed around for a bit & then promptly stood up, put her front paws on the stool & then proceeded to bite the cup & bring it back down to the floor. :lol:

She's never done that before!!

• Like 11