Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

12 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Have you checked at places like Petco/Petsmart?

Thanks for the observations on shelter kitteh.  Will have to scout the are once we get all moved.

-

Cathy did break her arm.

Humerus and an additional fracture just below.  They have her trussed up in a sling to immobilize the joint and she has pain meds.

Doctor wants the joint as immobile as possible for a month.

My plate just got a second helping served up.

GEM

Uff.... Sorry to hear it, and hope she heals quickly and completely.

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

What Happened Wednesday for March 10th:

• 1977 – Astronomers discovered the rings of Uranus.

What? Impossible. I hadn't been born yet!

Looks like it's gonna be a rough nap day... or at least it's starting that way.

COFFEE!!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Cathy did break her arm.

Humerus and an additional fracture just below.  They have her trussed up in a sling to immobilize the joint and she has pain meds.

Doctor wants the joint as immobile as possible for a month.

My plate just got a second helping served up.

GEM

So sorry to hear that. Hopefully it heal quick and with minimal discomfort.

Just remember not to try to do too much yourself to compensate. Ending up with both of you laid up won't help things at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

And so, I am awake entirely too early, because I am the DD for the trip home today....

Wish us luck; Andi has surgery today. There is a long saga that started with, 'do you have a really big bandaid?'. We still don't really know what the hell actually started it, but it's either going to end with a whopping open wound that I get to change bandages on, or Andi losing a toe... and I still get to change bandages, because feet are awkward to bandage.

You have no idea how tempted I am to ask them for the bones, if they have to remove the toe. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 13

4 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

And so, I am awake entirely too early, because I am the DD for the trip home today....

Wish us luck; Andi has surgery today. There is a long saga that started with, 'do you have a really big bandaid?'. We still don't really know what the hell actually started it, but it's either going to end with a whopping open wound that I get to change bandages on, or Andi losing a toe... and I still get to change bandages, because feet are awkward to bandage.

You have no idea how tempted I am to ask them for the bones, if they have to remove the toe. 

Good luck, hope they can save the toe!!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Crowley said:
2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

What Happened Wednesday for March 10th:

• 1977 – Astronomers discovered the rings of Uranus.

What? Impossible. I hadn't been born yet!

I believe this is appropriate to what you are implying:

phrasing1.jpg.7c68cab0a8f93cf381f096864ef8a614.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Last one for now, heading the garage to work on a model before tackling the hobby room.

I'm sure this one applies to us all. Diagnosis: We are very sick, better seek immediate medical attention!!! :lol:

158727061_3977259215628676_9123043823695

• Haha 20

Kinda rough night.

The pain meds are helping, but, Cathy has a low pain tolerance and she woke several times, that I am aware of.  When I came too about 5:30 she was in pain because she had removed her sling.

After I got that sorted out and tried to make her understand she can't remove it, even if it is uncomfortable she got back to sleep.

Thanks again for all the positive vibes.

-

@Sylverthorne, sending you all the prayer and positivity I can muster.

-

Going to try to get some more sleep.  I have a hunch it's going to be a precious commodity the next couple of weeks.

GEM

7 minutes ago, haldir said:

Last one for now, heading the garage to work on a model before tackling the hobby room.

I'm sure this one applies to us all. Diagnosis: We are very sick, better seek immediate medical attention!!! :lol:

158727061_3977259215628676_9123043823695

Chart is defective.

I need sleep and have a headache and still saw the numbers.

Never mind about the spot for minis.

That ones was a given several decades ago.

GEM

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

I hope everyone is have the best day possible. GEM I hope cathy get better soon. Thorne, I hope it goes well. 

FYI I am starting a GURPS PbP in the sandbox, if anyone wants to join in. It is a Traveller game, but be warned I am not the biggest know it all of the verse, but since is my game what I know will have to do. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Kinda rough night.

The pain meds are helping, but, Cathy has a low pain tolerance and she woke several times, that I am aware of.  When I came too about 5:30 she was in pain because she had removed her sling.

After I got that sorted out and tried to make her understand she can't remove it, even if it is uncomfortable she got back to sleep.

Thanks again for all the positive vibes.

-

Prayers and cares Going out to you and Cathy!  I know pain and being unable to escape can be really hard to live with.  Keep on going and stay as comfortable as you can

52 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

-

Going to try to get some more sleep.  I have a hunch it's going to be a precious commodity the next couple of weeks.

GEM

Chart is defective.

GEM

I have to agree. I also have  a headache and need sleep badly, yet I still see numbers... ::P:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Chart is defective.

GEM

I agree - need sleep, need water, have a headache and I still see the numbers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

As noted in Aquistions,  I decided to attend tonight's game. Mainly due to a friend asked if I would attend this week, plus I kinda wanna see how the games are ran.

Daily bunny pic!

16154065617296806674513789480526.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2