Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

16 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

Tomorrow is my one year anniversary of working from home. And two days ago marks one year since I had the opportunity to sit down in my favorite dive bar and enjoy a beer and a slice of pizza. It's been a truly dark time to be sure. 

I'm 6 weeks out from my one-year anniversary of losing my job of 13 years in SC due to Covid wrecking the economy, and just past my 2-month luniversary of my new job Back North.

• Like 14

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Wait, what?

*ventures to other corners of the forum*

Reserves open at noon CT. Yes I was online half an hour before. Checking every social site that I & Reaper shares. They had the graphic for it up on the webpage for about 30 mins before. I just kept refreshing & checking. ::D:

• Like 9

I hope everyone is doing as well as they can be. I see the posts about being one year since they got sent home because of covid...... You have my condolences. Being in retail, makes it hard to work from home.... I mean I could drag stuff home and sell it from here, but I think corporate would tend to not enjoy that as much I certainly would... you think stuff is expensive now....... $50 for a pack of gum...

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

So a year ago today (the 12th, it was a Thursday last year) work sent everyone home, and told us to bring everything we'd need to be work from home for... some undefined period of time. At this point, there is no specific point they're expecting to have people back in the office.

We were a little slow, so we didn’t get sent home until the 17th.  We started a slow return to the office last summer, but they backed off that at Christmas, and all this year, I’ve been one of two people in our 10 person building who comes in one day a week.  I am hearing rumors that we will have the option of doing two at-home days per week in the “After Times”; virtually nothing in my job requires my physical presence in the office, and I’m nearing retirement, so I think that I’ll take them up on whatever the maximum they’ll offer might be, without worrying about whether it might blight my career prospects.

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

I hope everyone is doing as well as they can be. I see the posts about being one year since they got sent home because of covid...... You have my condolences. Being in retail, makes it hard to work from home.... I mean I could drag stuff home and sell it from here, but I think corporate would tend to not enjoy that as much I certainly would... you think stuff is expensive now....... $50 for a pack of gum...

In the same boat as other retail only workers.  Damn, I remember this week as being terrible thanks to the humanoids around here.  First load night was 12 hrs worked & I had to break down 2 trucks. Took me 10 hrs, the other 2 were throwing the load to the shelves.  The next night was changed from 4 hrs to 8. I didn't have to face up the grocery dept I just had to pull the backroom. I did that the night after that. 4th night was anther load. This night was close to 11 hrs. Day off. Load night, anther 10 hrs. Day off .

Coworker was on vacation that week too! I had whoever they felt like putting in his place.

Ok hobbyists need a 3rd arm.....just saying. :lol:

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I am amused every time I tell Alexa to play Rinky Dink, an organ classic from 1962 and the guy who played “The Happy Organ” from 1959.

She bleeps out “dink”.

Since Alexa won't play it, here's a link that will get you to the tune:

Spoilered because there is a commercial link

GEM

• Like 5

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Ok hobbyists need a 3rd arm.....just saying. :lol:

You're not wrong. Heck, it'd come in useful for my job, too.

Also in the 'still went to work everyday' crowd. I work in the energy production/distribution field and am considered essential.

• Like 8

Having completed my time card, I am officially on my weekend. 

But, as we are supposed to be a Winter Wonderland tomorrow and Sunday, not really sure what I can do. Either do a bunch of house cleaning, or maybe work on test plans. 

Probably wind up doing da vidja games. Should paint. ReaperCon is coming. 

• Like 9