Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

COFFEE!!

Made some cheddar scallion drop biscuits for a parents meetup this morning. Now just need Mrs. Hamster to wrap up her call so we can head off.

Gonna try to work on my cardboard spaceship tonight. Want to have it wrapped up before I go back to work.

• Like 7

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Zink said:

Any time I think that the big hit comes later than predicted. I'm happy that we haven't had excessive snow since October but a lot of people are worrying if there'll be enough moisture for crops this year. We've already had several years of drought.

Yeah, here too. But the forecast was for 19-24” of snow and the apocalypse was scheduled for midnight. Now it’s noon, and it looks to have sprinkled only. I would be happy with the rain equivalent and so would the parched earth. Actually, not sure if gaia likes rain or snow more for drinking deeply. 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

On seeing this my brain said "bluebell", as in the flower.

GEM

That is what popped into my head also. I wondered if Haldir’s search terms included the two words Blue and Bell. 

On a barely related note: I thought Beast was mostly several shades of Brown and Sienna (??)

5 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Also, for those in areas that observe Daylight Savings Time on March 14th, remember to set your clocks tonight! Spring forward an hour!

Today is effectively :grr: a 23 hour day. 

I will do nothing, to my clock, Nothing!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TGP said:

On a barely related note: I thought Beast was mostly several shades of Brown and Sienna (??)

Without being able to speak to the young lady in the picture to be certain of her intent, I submit that Beast from the X-men was blue.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chaoswolf said:

Without being able to speak to the young lady in the picture to be certain of her intent, I submit that Beast from the X-men was blue.

That makes more sense...

Disney/Beast wears blue outfits in some scenes (tried to find a linkable image and have given up) but he’s a big cinnamon critter. 

...that explains the furry arms. 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, TGP said:

That makes more sense...

Disney/Beast wears blue outfits in some scenes (tried to find a linkable image and have given up) but he’s a big cinnamon critter. 

...that explains the furry arms. 

I initially read this as 'big cinnamon fritter' and wasn't sure if that's like a 'smol cinnamon roll' or not.

And that, ladles and jellyspoons, is my brain this morning.

• Like 6
  • Haha 9

I discovered an endearing and delightful little manga called "If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat A Demon Lord." Which, if the name doesn't make it obvious, is based on a series of Japanese "light novels" (really, just novellas). Between that and Komi-san, I'm all set for sweetness for a while. Given how I also picked up the Battle Angel Alita B-Stories, I'm going to need that lightness soon... :ph34r:

1554753524_GodEmperorKomi.thumb.png.5b5ff498a0643b4416d5307b99fca798.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Corsair said:

Is this @TheAuldGrump?

yV8Rcmy.jpg

Once you have a crow friend, it surprises you that you can walk around with him on your shoulder.

Muriel sometimes takes Crazy Crow in her car. He perches on a towel on the headrest of her passenger side.

Once a crow trusts you, he trusts you. he is not a pet - you are just part of his flock. A part of the flock he can sit on while you carry him around.

The Auld Grump

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

My players may be a bit too experienced for the encounters I design.  they entered an area of an enlarged bulette (because wild magic storm).  They rolled well on perception so they felt the vibration of it approaching underground.  So cleric Thaumatury's up a rumbling patch of ground and bulette waste it's attack gong for the louder area. Then monk stun locks the bulette and it doesn't get to go until after it becomes land shark sushi.

At least the next area should cause some anxiousness for them.

That was the morning's game.  Now I get to frustrate a DM in this evenings charity D&D game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

12 hours ago, haldir said:

I think our only celeb, locally is the late Harmon Killebrew of the Minnesota Twins fame. He is from Payette, ID. Small town about 10-15 mins from here, depending on traffic.

I'm in southeastern CT. Within about a twenty-mile radius of me, there are probably at least a dozen small towns. For a really small area, this place is overflowing with famous folks, lol. While there are a fair number of transplanted celebrities past and present who live or lived semi-locally (Eugene O'Neil,, Mark Twain, pro wrestlers Ox Baker and Bob Backlund) we can claim a ton of natives as well -

Spoiler

Sports -

Maybe not all celebrities, but we got a lot of locals playing in the big leagues: MLB catcher Brook Fordyce graduated from my old high school a few years ahead of me, outfielders Rajai Davis and Brian Dayett were born a few miles away, and shortstop John McDonald a couple towns over. Jesse Hahn and Matt Harvey both pitched for the same high school and Dominic Leone pitched for another.

The younger sister of former NFL running back Doug Dubose was two years ahead of me in the local school system and tight end Jordan Reed played for another local high school. Coach Dave Campo is local, too. Former Chicago Bulls player Kris Dunn was born here,  and Vin Baker a few towns over.

Music -

Dawn Robinson of En Vogue and R&B singer Cassie are both locals.

Acting -

Glenne Headly (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Mr. Holland's Opus) was born here, and Jessie Metcalfe (Passions, Desperate Housewives) went to a local high school. Famous radio and tv announcer Don Pardo spent his childhood here as well.

Oh, yeah....

And Katherine Hepburn grew up about twenty minutes away. :B):

Historically, one of our most famous locals was Benedict Arnold.

On a wider scale, famous cartoonist Al Capp and writers Annie Proulx, Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games) and Stephanie Meyer (Twilight) all grew up withing an hour's drive from here.

::):

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

He may have trouble disputing that paternity suit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10