Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Sadly, yes. Was up way too late last night on Twitch chopping down a sacred oak in MC. Those things should be banned by international treaty.

And the coffee would be more potent if the gorum bottling plants could make more of the decaf frosty beverage. Can’t seem to maintain stock at all. 

*sigh*

Back to the grindstone.

I'm, sorry, what?

Decaf??

:zombie:

11 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I’ve always read that one should have alcohol for creative ideas but switch to caffeine to focus on making those ideas reality. 

My focal point this morning is a blurry disk roughly 3.8 light years in diameter, and being wired is not helping as I have the overactive mind chasing gossamer thin threads of thought. Not conductive to achieving much at work. 

I even read up on “focus” so I could get that analogy written better. 

*sigh*

Stupid brain. 

That's HUGE....

Okay, Hamsterling down for nap #2. Still unclear if this is a 3 or 4 nap day.

Need to get daycare applications in. And get the taxes turned in. *sigh* being an adult is just too much not fun stuff.

Jambalaya and COFFEE!!

• Like 8

I found this on YouTube last night when I was trying to decompress from work. 

Robo-sumo! In which teams of talented Japanese engineers build a self controlling tiny robot warrior whose sole purpose is to punt another tiny robo-warrior out of a predetermined mini sumo ring. 

sumo2-809x445.jpg.84124afbdf7bd144341d2ba72893564a.jpg

The picture doesn't do it justice, so here's the video. I lost it at 0.30 mins and was almost in tears by the end. It's awesome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QCqxOzKNFks

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 9
  • Haha 7

As seen on Reaper Discord Miniature Monday:

ReaperJon — Today at 2:25 PM

Reminder: Today's show has been canceled Josh has received his second shot and is taking the day to rest.

Hopefully the last cancellation for a while.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

I found this on YouTube last night when I was trying to decompress from work. 

Robo-sumo! In which teams of talented Japanese engineers build a self controlling tiny robot warrior whose sole purpose is to punt another tiny robo-warrior out of a predetermined mini sumo ring. 

sumo2-809x445.jpg.84124afbdf7bd144341d2ba72893564a.jpg

The picture doesn't do it justice, so here's the video. I lost it at 0.30 mins and was almost in tears by the end. It's awesome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QCqxOzKNFks

BWAHAHAHA! That's amazing!!

Okay, finding daycare options is... there are so many, and the websites aren't nearly as informative as I'd like. Please, make it easier for me to compare places...

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

As suggested earlier, I would look for a different provider.

Nobody needs that stress.

There aren't that many options; Verizon is garbage, Sprint merged with T-Mobile, and might or might not be garbage - Sprint was alright, T-Mobile was borderline - and I've heard little good of AT&T. 

Where we are, coverage is garbage regardless, admittedly...

I think Cricket still exists, but I have no idea what they offer and whether it's any use.

Pick your poison is unpleasantly accurate, unfortunately. :/

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

4 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

There aren't that many options; Verizon is garbage, Sprint merged with T-Mobile, and might or might not be garbage - Sprint was alright, T-Mobile was borderline - and I've heard little good of AT&T. 

Where we are, coverage is garbage regardless, admittedly...

I think Cricket still exists, but I have no idea what they offer and whether it's any use.

Pick your poison is unpleasantly accurate, unfortunately. :/

I think I count myself lucky to live in the Netherlands.

Most providers here are really good.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Sprint merged with T-Mobile, and might or might not be garbage - Sprint was alright, T-Mobile was borderline

I have Sprint, both before and post merger. Service-wise, no issues. Customer-service, couldn't tell you, haven't had to talk with them on the phone yet. I will say, many years ago, when they merged with Nextel (13ish years ago?), Sprint customer-service did not go well with me; corporate got a couple letters from me. If it wasn't for the fact that my entire family was on Sprint and it was free to call everyone they would have lost my business. But that was back then.

• Like 7