Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 minute ago, PaganMegan said:

Anyone ever try making corned beef & cabbage in an instant pot?

Just us, no Mum or aunts or uncles, or cousins, but I want corned beef, dammit.

No.

Because I don't own an Instant Pot.

I will be making a more or less traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage Boiled Dinner in a Crock Pot starting early in the morning.

GEM

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

I just google whatever I’m looking for with the addition of “instant pot” or “slow cooker”. There’s usually a result in there that works.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Had to send my 3rd guy home due to a failed temperature check......again.

He wasn't felling good but enough to actually work & do stuff, but store policy if you fail, you go home. 

Might be long morning....

• Sad 9

What Happened Wednesday for March 17th:

• 45 BC – In his last victory, Julius Caesar defeated the Pompeian forces of Titus Labienus and Gnaeus Pompeius in the Battle of Munda.

• 1948 – Belgium, France, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom signed the Treaty of Brussels, a precursor to the North Atlantic Treaty establishing NATO.

• 1973 – The Pulitzer Prize-winning photograph Burst of Joy was taken, depicting a former prisoner of war being reunited with his family, which came to symbolize the end of United States involvement in the Vietnam War.

And Happy St. Patrick's Day!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

10 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I just google whatever I’m looking for with the addition of “instant pot” or “slow cooker”. There’s usually a result in there that works.

I was going to, but couldn't find any corned beef... So it'll be shepherds pie and Guinness tonight. (and no, it won't be green)

Worked a bit on my cardboard spaceship #3 last night. Spent far too long fighting with glue, and so didn't get nearly as much done as I'd have liked. The superglue just did not want to stick to the inside of the cream cheese container. In the end I went with hot glue... after cleaning out the mess that was crystalized superglue and baking powder.

COFFEE!!

• Like 11

3 hours ago, TGP said:

I bet this does not happen in Ireland...

531e9cbe52be9.preview-699.jpg?crop=699,5

Guinness should never, EVER, be green!

I used to hate Guinness. Worse, I used to like Bud.

Somewhere in the past ten years they swapped places.

Damn you Grump, now I'm a beer snob!

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

Guessing the green beer isn't even Guiness but Harp.  Or possibly some cheap lager like miller lite because it seems to me people who order green beer typically aren't too picky and why waste more expensive import beer on that?

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 8

Hour long this morning, so not to bad. AL D&D game tonight, prob a good thing I'm not running anymore. Besides I must introduce my steel defender "Ratatosk"  (medium size squirrel) to the group.  I've also got a homonculus infusion but not the actual creature as I need about 20 gp to purchase the crystal requirement. I'm not sure what that might be yet.

• Like 8

On 3/15/2021 at 11:27 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

And her immediate reaction was that they are a couple.

Mine was as well. 

Reminded me of a married couple i served with - Piggy, a huge Seabee and Blaze, a tiny little Radioman with a fierce temper.  

Mixed emotions around our house today.  

Oldest turned 18 on Sunday, and since it's his spring break this week, he went to the recruiter on Monday and started the process to join the Navy after he graduates from high school.  Today he's headed to MEPS finishing the process. 

• Like 18